TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

I hope the construction pics of SFMM's flyer get me as excited as the pics of Black Mamba just did. For just being pics of the lift and a bunch of trenches, I shouldn't be this impressed. So is Phantasialand close to any of the World Cup venues? Not that I would have a choice as to which I get tickets to. I guess I should start paying more attention to the later rounds of tickets so I have a reason to go to Germany next year.

So is Phantasialand close to any of the World Cup venues? Not that I would have a choice as to which I get tickets to. I guess I should start paying more attention to the later rounds of tickets so I have a reason to go to Germany next year.

Yes, its very near to the World Cup Stadium in Cologne, and the Schalke Arena in Gelsenkirchen isn't so far away from the park.

Sebbe

Yes, its very near to the World Cup Stadium in Cologne, and the Schalke Arena in Gelsenkirchen isn't so far away from the park.

Sebbe

After looking at the pics on the World Cup site, I want to see both stadiums, but the Schalke Arena is slightly higher on the list because of the movable field. I saw pics of it in an architecture magazine and I think that it is such a cool idea. (Of course if I don't actually see the field move, then maybe its not such a bid deal)

Why couldn't they start construction a month earlier, then I could've seen track and stuff, not just holes when I was there!

I does look like it'll be a great ride, especially after looking at the concept art. With Phantasialand's theming being to a very high standard generally, I think we can expect good things for the Mamba. Only problem is the Phantasialand's queues are usually a bit on the big side too, and with River Quest hitting 1 hour on a normal wednesday in July this summer, I can see the queues being massive through a lot of the season.

After looking at the pics on the World Cup site, I want to see both stadiums, but the Schalke Arena is slightly higher on the list because of the movable field. I saw pics of it in an architecture magazine and I think that it is such a cool idea. (Of course if I don't actually see the field move, then maybe its not such a bid deal)

If you want to see a great stadium you had to go to the Westfalenstadion in Dortmund.

Sebbe

^ But its field doesn't move!!! Actually that picture looks cool. I love checking out the architecture of stadiums. I was really impressed with the atmosphere Parc de Princes in Paris gave to the game when I saw PSG play there. The huge concrete shell/roofs over the stands kept most of the sound in the stadium making it much louder. And making the Auxerre fans even cooler for singing the whole time.

I wonder if it is going to be a Forceful B&M or a Forceless one.

Old school B&M inverter, apparently they were originally unhappy about building the thing - it's like Nemesis, tight and intense.

Also, as a highlight it has a 5.5g helix finale, should be top stuff!

God I hope the rumors are true about the 5G helix finale. The construction so far looks like its going to make for a very Nemesis-like ride with lots of trenches (which is 1 reason why Nemesis and Montu rank so high for me)Looking at the rest of Phantasialand, it looks like its going to be a really nicely themed ride. Glad I decided to go to Phantasialand next September instead of this one. Hopefully its truly more "old school" B&M and comes equipped with forces, otherwise I'll be very disappointed.

Claude and Walter, please don't make this another Hydra or Silver Bullet!

That ride looks really impressive. If it looks anything like the artists renderings, it will be awesome. The article says its will feature 5 inversions, and be a "high G" ride. The waterfall that goes over the beginning of the lift hill looks really cool too.

Its amazing how how far down they ended up digging, based on the pictures. This looks like it will be a great ride when its all done.

So yesterday they started with the construction of the first drop and in the new pics you can see that the building under the lifthill gets higher and higher and the lifthill is already partly in the building. So here are the newest pics from the 9/7:

click me

And here are a few older pics from the 9/6, where you can see that they already started with the theming of some underground sections:

click me

I am seriously psyched about riding this next year.

I wasn't planning on spending a full day at Phantasialand before I heard about this ride, but if this ride is really good, it could swing how long I stay there.

It's also gonna make me want to spend a winter weekend there in the future after it opens.