TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Musicals

IceDragon

Sitting here waiting for the AntiVirus to finish searching for problems, I decided to listen to a few songs. My favourite came on and inspired this topic.

What are your favourite musicals? What do you want to see in the future?

My favourites include:

The Lion King (The intro nearly made me cry, it was fudging fantastic!)

We Will Rock You (I'm a big Queen fan and this was the perfect opportunity to sing along with the songs with loads of other fans/musical-goers)

Starlight Express (Saw this as a child with my parents and instantly loved it... Especially as the actors were on skates!)

and, finally

The Rocky Horror Picture Show. This is very self explanatory for those who have seen the DVD or video, but watching it live is a whole other experience. The costumes, songs, twists and dances were bloody brilliant and you HAVE to participate, no matter how skeptical you are!

Edited by disneyfan1313

In no order:

Cabaret

Evita, Broadway not Madonna

Lion King

Big River, deaf west version, amazing, amazing!

Cirque Du Solie anything

Aida

Five Guys named Moe

there are tons of shows I love, what with my wife a drama director and I a make up artist, and both of us involved in theater at our schools. We love our shows!

Cats....Seen it 10 times. Never get tired of it. Don't really give a crap that most people say they hate it or don't understand it, I think it's amazing and has the most recognizable song in modern Broadway productions (Memory).

Lion King... Unbelievable. Only Disney could do this.

Beauty and the Beast... See above.

Hairspray...You cannot leave that theater without a smile on your face.

Phantom

I have not seen Wicked yet, but hope to this coming winter. I have a feeling I will be adding it to my list.

Shari

My favourite musical is Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Im going to see it in October, Im very excited as in the UK they had a contest to find the next Joseph and my favourite won! Expect a london TR soon! hehe!!

Others include, Grease, Hairspray, Saturday Night Fever. Fame, High school musical. Infact, I can't think of a musical I don't like!

The Who's Tommy remains my all-time favorite. The story is something i can relate to...being there, but not really there while everyone around you thinks they know how to fix you. Then, when you come into your own, they wanna jump on the bandwagon and/or criticize. Its great stuff.

I'm still waiting to see Wicked...I'm sure that's going to be a new favorite.

I'm i the only one who hates Grease? I mean, i guess i should'nt knock it until i've watched it all the way through, but what i've seen i didn't like at all.

My favorite show is Wicked. I loved every second of it.

My second favorite is probably a three way tie between Avenue Q, Hairspray, and RENT.

And then there's Les Miserables. I've seen it twice. Once when i couldn't have been in anything over second grade and again last year. It totally went over my head. I'd be willing to give it a third shot if i knew the story beforehand so i can follow it better.

I've also seen Phantom and Flower Drum song (With lea Solonga!), both of where too long ago to remember.

I want to see Spring Awakening SOOO bad. Damn them for selling out the ONE time i'm in new york.

I'm i the only one who hates Grease? I mean, i guess i should'nt knock it until i've watched it all the way through, but what i've seen i didn't like at all.
no...i hate it as well.

i LOOOOOOOOVE LES MISERABLES MY FAVORITE BY FAR

2nd is phantom

3rd is beauty and the beast

others include: Hairspray, Footloose, Wicked, Into the Woods, and others.

Wicked

Wicked

Wicked

Wicked

And also Wicked.

I saw it in Chicago a couple years ago. It's coming to Des Moines in '08, and I might get to see it in Chicago again this November. Oh my. Nothing even comes close to Wicked. It's perfect, period.

"FIYERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eleka nahmen nahmen

Ah tum ah tum eleka nahmen.

Eleka nahmen nahmen

Let his flesh not be torn,

Let his blood leave no stain.

Though they beat him,

Let him feel no pain.

Let his bones never break,

And however they try

To destroy him,

Let him never die!

Let him never die!!!!

Eleka nahmen nahmen

Eleka nahmen nahmen

Ah tum ah tum eleka... eleka...

What good is this chanting?

I don't even know what I'm reading!

I don't even know what trick I ought to try!

Fiyero, where are you?!

Already dead or bleeding?

One more disaster I can add to my

Generous supply?!"

OMG, I can't get enough of it.

No, I'm with you. I was even in it last year and I still can't stand it. The play is loads better than the movie, though.

This year we're doing LES MISERABLES!!!!!!!!!

I'm so incredibly excited. I am about to blow up. My audition is tomorrow. I'm trying out for Enjolras, Marius, or any other student.

^^ I've always been afraid to see a high school production of Les Mis.

I just can't imagine a bunch of kids handling that material well.

Has anybody seen Miss Saigon?

I'm going to see it at a local theatre next year. Already have tickets. (Wish it was still on broadway...)