TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

While waiting for the rope to drop at Great Adventure this year these group of 30ish people where like "I want to get wet first...let's run to Adventure Rivers!"(they were taken out after 1998). I'm sure they were confused when they ran and the slides were not there.

Also while inline for DT at Cedar Point a few years ago this girl said "I hate coasters that why I like haunted houses and rides like this" I bet she was suprised.

I mean it's not their fault we are crazy coaster freaks but it's still funny

Something else but not about rollercoasters. These girls at Cedar Point asked where I was from so I said "Delaware". The one girl (maybe 21) said "Oh in PA?"...I said "No the state Delaware" and she turned to her friend and was like "God he could have just said he didn't wanna tell us where he was from instead of making up a State"...I ALMOST DIED LAUGHING!

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At WDW's Magic Kingdom:

GP-"This park must've opened in 1955 if it's 50 years old now."

Cap'an Jack-"Disneyland's 50 years old, this park is only 34 years old."

GP-"No it's not."

GP-"Tokyo Disneyland doesn't have the same castle as us!"

The Captain-"It's slightly smaller but otherwise nearly identical."

GP-"No it's not, The Disney Company wouldn't copy castles."

Cap't-...walks away...

GP-"Pirates of the Caribbean sucked, where was Johnny Depp?"

Cap'an Jack-"It's a classic ride made in 1972, the movie was made in 2003, and the ride inspired the movie."

GP-"So where's Johnny Depp?"

GP-"That mine train over there must be Splash Mountain"

Cap'an Jack-...rolls eyes...

GP-"Where's Mr. Toad?"

GP-"This is Disney's first park, Disney World."

At WDW's EPCOT:

GP (in front of Mission Space)-"There's Space Mountain!"

GP (on Soarin')-"We just flew over Disney World Park!"

AT WDW's Animal Kingdom:

CM (on Kilamanjaro Safari)-"This is a two week safari..."

GP-"Is she serious?"

GP-"All the animals are robots."

At Six Flags Great Adventure:

GP-"Look at Kingda Ka's corkscrew!"

GP-"Nitro's tallest."

GP-"Where's Mickey!?!?!?"

GP-"How do they get you to the top of Kingda Ka?"

IN CONCLUSION-The GP seems to think they know what they are talking about...and I'm not afraid to correct them and obviously they're not afraid to "incorrect" me.

Well when working a few weeks at SFGAm (by the way I quit after the third week) there was a person that went Viper and she pushed down her lap bar and there was a half of an inch of space and it wouldnt go tight. Then she started to freak out and she told me that if she flew out that she was going to sew. I was like "ok" then I walked away. When she came back in the station, I was like "so, how was your ride" and she replied, "F**k off".

^^^ even the alligators at Fort Wilderness.

I've tipped off a few DL guest relations cast members so they are waiting for someone to ask where the "Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Fruit" ride is.

(overheard in queue for Rock n' Roller Coaster) "Wow, Aerosmith is actually here?!"

for the longest time it was hard to convince people that the fastest ride in WDW was the Monorail. that was before Test Track opened, which might be faster I think.

I've tipped off a few DL guest relations cast members so they are waiting for someone to ask where the "Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Fruit" ride is.

OMG I'd almost forgotten...I worked at Body Wars too, and I had literally dozens of guests ask me "Is this a stimulator?"

Wanted to reply, if it is, make sure to come back and let me know!

-Julie

@ Worlds Of Fun :

GP: this is the tallest coaster in the world(Thats supposibly what the music said)

Me: No!, its ONE of the tallest coasters in the world.

GP: But it says its that fastest.

"Musci repeats itself"(Welcome to MAMBA, one of the tallest, fastest, and longest roller costers in the world. takes you down 205 feet at speeds of up tp 75mph.)

GP: See, it says it the tallest.

I've heard "let's ride the back! it's faster!" a few times at parks. If I'm ever close enough to the person who said it, I just say "Why doesn't it get to the station before the front?" There is normally a pause, and then "oh, right."

One of my favorites was the opening year of Superman at SFOG. FYI - Viper was taken out late in 2001, and then Superman was put in for 2002. So I was standing in line and heard someone say, "where is Viper?" Then the person beside them said "they changed Viper *into* this!" I just didn't know what to say to that.

At Dollywood a few weeks back, a mother and daughter were standing in line behind me for Thunderhead. As the train passed by, the daughter (with an accent that would rival Cletus the Yokel from The Simpsons) says, "Mama, does this one do the loop dee loop?"

I then knew I was in the south.

• 7 months later...

After hearing that Superman: Ride Of Steel at SFNE was "Boring because it only went upside down once," I decided that the GP were getting out of hand.

First of all, Superman does NOT go "upside down once." It does not have any inversions. The closest thing it has is the overbank. And it is not "boring." Honestly. Post your GP complaints here!

People can't know everything, so don't blame them for not beeing coaster enthusiasts...

You probably would look just as stupid when it comes to something you only know little about.

If he says it's boring because of no inversions, it's his opinion. And he may just consider the overbank upside down, because technically, it is.

The only thing I don't like is when people make up obviously wrong facts to impresse. For example "Have you ridden that 1000ft coaster at Cedar Point?"

Hey, if it weren't for us enthusiasts noticing this, the Gp would be perfectly content with riding one Veklona after another, blissfully unaware of there being anything better out there.

I sincerely doubt that a few enthusiasts have influenced park's decisions massively.

^Maybe not, but quality does.

The GP feel pain too! I wouldn't ride a really painful rollercoaster just because its a rollercoaster, I'd just do somthing else. If, infact, they never rode antoher, better coaster, they would probably think they were all bad and not come back to the parks; I'm sure park owners wouldn't want that. They buy B&Ms for reasons.

Hey, if it weren't for us enthusiasts noticing this, the Gp would be perfectly content with riding one Veklona after another, blissfully unaware of there being anything better out there.
I doubt that. I don't see people lining up for hours to ride an SLC over the B&M.

Eh, the General Public seems to really like coasters with gimmicks. They may not be able to really tell if there is any airtime, but they can see a huge loop or a 400 mph launch. I think us, as enthusiasts, grow easily bored with the gimmicks, and base our opinions on the entire ride, not just the fancy elements thrown in.

Just my opinion.

I doubt that. I don't see people lining up for hours to ride an SLC over the B&M.

That's the point though. Us enthusiasts aren't the one affecting what's good and what's not.

When I go to Cedar Point with my GP freinds we only ride Mean Streak once. They don't want to re-ride it. Not because I told them what was wrong with it, but because it just sucks.

Yeah, you're right. I guess I wasn't thinking when I said what I previously said. I just get a little fed up with certain aspects of the GP sometimes, and that all my knowledge of coasters counts for absolutely nothing in the eyes of the companies who maintain the parks.

Too bad your "knowledge of coasters" doesn't pay their bills. It really wouldn't make sense for a park to pay too much attention to what coaster enthusiasts like. They would be serving to a very small percentage; which is also a lot harder to please than the GP. I'm not too sure if I see the point in this thread. Its true that the GP doesn't obsess about coasters which results into them not being that well educated about it; but should you really let it get under your skin?

_six

When a park has a collection of say, a fair ammount of coasters, IE SFMM, Knotts.... They should have at least 1 - 3 coasters specifically designed with the coaster enthusiests in mind, IMO, to keep the enthusiest happy as we are thier loyal customers, that guy who walks into your liquor store everday to buy some soda, or w/e. It would be more of a thank you for being a good customer, now go crap yourself over this ride sort of thing.

The only park that I know of that specifically goes out of thier way to build roller coasters for enthusiests is HW, and they seem to do pretty good. Why? Because Coaster enthusiests have good taste in roller coasters, as well as HW just has a very good family friendly enviornment, which I think is the biggest thing any park should have. And as long as they have that, they can basically throw in any decent to great coaster and the customers should be happy....

They're SO concerned about safety, like when Scream was colosed due to high winds once some boys were like, "Someone probably died or something!" or "I bet someone flew off the train!" or "Aliens probably came down and expoded a piece of track!"

It also annoys me when they say untrue facts from other people like some coaster at SFMM has a jump. Someone actually insisted that was true to me once.