TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Anybody else watch hockey? (Amazing VID INSIDE!!)

canada

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I thought I was the only hockey fan on this board. I'm basically a die-hard hockey fan, even though my fandom is relatively new [02/03 was my first "full season" as a major hockey fan]. I spend far too much time and money on researching, watching, and discussing the game and buying the jerseys [i am anxiously awaiting my Nashville Predators jersey's delivery to go along with my Leafs home and away, Sens away, Thrashers home and Finland national jerseys].

I'm a big Leafs fan first and foremost, but I also love the Sens and am a big Sabres, Thrashers and Preds fan. My favourite player is the Leafs' Wade Belak, though I also really like Buffalo's Maxim Afinogenov, Atlanta's Marian Hossa, Ottawa's Ray Emery, Nashville's Steve Sullivan and many others.

That said, GO LEAFS GO.

I'm still a loyal Flyers fan. No matter how much we suck I stand by them.

That's the sign of a true fan.

A real fan keeps cheering for his team, even if you know they're going to lose.

I can't stand bandwagon jumpers. Cheering for another team after your team is eliminated is fine. But all of a sudden becoming a teams biggest fan because they start winning is just pathetic.

I'd rather have Yanic Perreault than Todd Bertuzzi, let me say that right now.

Leafs also didn't have to mortgage a ton of prospects and picks, and they got the best face-off man in the league, an All-Star and a guy who will easily hit 25 goals this season.

I fail to see what's laughable about that.

The big winners were the New York Islanders! Ryan Smyth! That's an insane trade! INSANE!

Right after I posted, I did a search on him, and found those items of interest. Wouldn't you know it, I went to edit and the forums were temporarily down for me!

Think before you post, kids.

We only traded a 2008 2nd-round draft pick? That's a good deal for the Leafs. Hopefully he'll really help out in the special teams department.

How much was Ryan Smyth for the Islanders?

Yesterday now that I got NHL Centre Ice Package I have been starting to watch some hockey and I watched an awesome game. It was N.Y.Rangers against Pittsburgh and hot damn was it good. I would never of thought Laroque (old Hamilton Bulldog ) would make such a difference but his fore checking is pretty good. He caused a good couple of turnovers. And Roberts was crashing the net like a champ. I think Pittsburgh is going to do alot better in the playoffs than I thought. Im thinking they will make it to 2nd round.

• 2 weeks later...
Yesterday now that I got NHL Centre Ice Package I have been starting to watch some hockey and I watched an awesome game. It was N.Y.Rangers against Pittsburgh and hot damn was it good. I would never of thought Laroque (old Hamilton Bulldog ) would make such a difference but his fore checking is pretty good. He caused a good couple of turnovers. And Roberts was crashing the net like a champ. I think Pittsburgh is going to do alot better in the playoffs than I thought. Im thinking they will make it to 2nd round.

Hey man youre lucky you got center ice I would kill to have it. How much does it cost and do you get all the games?

By the way I just found this video and its even more amazing. Seriously people.. watch it.

http://www.warriorhockey.com/WarriorHockey.html

Click on Warrior Tv and watch the first clip.

It is simply amazing how he gets on his knee and from like 100 feet away shoots the pucks right on top of the net.

Hey man youre lucky you got center ice I would kill to have it. How much does it cost and do you get all the games?

I used to have the sports package and found it to be a total waste of money. (for me at least).

I think it was like $30/month for me, and that included NHL,NFL,MLB,Nascar,NCAA,etc.

I really over estimated how much hockey I was going to watch. As soon as my 4 month comitment was up I canceled it.

• 10 years later...

For all you hockey fans out there, our annual fair, The PNE, has got a major FREE

exhibit this year. I will cover it in the next couple of weeks The Fair is open.

(In the Playland(PNE) Discussion Thread.)

Hockey Hall of Fame - Legends of Hockey Exhibit - NEW!

Garden Auditorium | Open Daily | 11am – 10pm

FREE with admission

"Can’t make it all the way to Toronto? This is an opportunity to explore the largest Hockey Hall of Fame exhibition outside the walls of the Hockey Hall of Fame itself. With more than 5,000 square feet of artifacts, artwork, photography and video, this unique retrospective will take both young and old for a walk down memory lane. Featuring content from some of the game’s greatest players to ever lace up the skates, the colourful array of artifacts and video reminiscing from their careers will be sure to provoke nostalgic feelings and inspire future generations of young athletes."

http://www.pne.ca

IMG_4807.JPG.58baa9712948e11895696dd99b8f9d89.JPG

I took a photo of the building, earlier today, Opening Day.

IMG_4809.JPG.68b806e86418ec52d33419d621452bd9.JPG

I'll check it out, in the weeks ahead.