Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

P. 106 - Untamed POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
CERREBELLUMED!!!!!!11!

Postby Trev32 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:59 am

Furries!! woohoo!

:D

~Trev32~

Wouter.CC

Postby Wouter.CC » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:42 am

robbalvey wrote:^ LOL!

I'm really looking forward to going back to this park. Has it changed much since it returned to the Walibi name?

--Robb

Not that much. Well, we had to say goodbye forever to the Looney tunes.
A new ride called Splash Battle will be placed, some new plastic ride made by Preston & Barbieri ( http://www.prestonbarbieri.com/view/6.htm )

These are some name changes:

Boris Ballen Fabriek (new)
Bonte Ballonnen - Elmers Weather Balloons
Boris Klauter Eiland (new)
Boris Pannekoeken Fabriek - Bugs Bunny Dining Place
Joe's Stuntvlieger - Yosemite Sam Flight School
Koa's Komische Karretjes - Taz Traffic Jam
Lollige Lilly's Bus - Daffy's Crazy Bus
Oscar's Boomhut - Tweety's Treehouse
Rocky's Trucks - Bugs Bunny's Trucking Company
Toeter - Looney Tunes Tooter
Wok's Waanzin - Road Runner Express

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:46 am

Walibi was/is the name of the first park of the chain, built near the Belgian cities Wavre, Limal & Bièrges.

That name sounded a bit like Wallaby, a small kangooroo-like animal, hence the kangooroo mascotte.

There are a total of 5 Walibi parks and 2 Aqualibi waterparks now, two of them were Six Flags branded from 2000 to 2004.
The Walibi group is now informing the press that Walibi was travelling around the world during the Six Flags era and has now come back with a girlfriend - Walibelle - and some more friends (which will be found in the kids areas of Walibi Belgium and Walibi World)

I don't find Walibi scary at all...it has been around for 30 years now.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

Postby Janster » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:46 pm

Walibi World just announced their strategy for 2007. On a dutch website I found this article (in dutch):

http://www.rides.nl/nieuws/bericht/1031

It says that Walibi World continues to focus on getting a more "balanced selection of rides":

- Rides for the kiddies (there will be a new playground for the little ones)
- Family rides: Robin Hood, some pretty descent water rides, Merlin's Magic Castle and a new "interactive fountain", whatever that may be.
- Rides for the thrill seekers (Goliath, Xpress, Space Shot)

I Guess that's a pretty good strategy. Family parks do seem to work here. Take Efteling for example, it's been Holland's most popular day trip for years. Walibi World bases it's strategy upon research they did on their visitors. That's a good thing to do. But for me as a Roller Coaster lover, that's a pity... but that's just me.

For a nice family trip and not just for thrills. This policy - that's been going on for two years now, starting with "splash batlle" - resulted in the demolition of "La Via Volta". In may this year they will tear this cruel, spine torturing machine down. In april you can still ride it and say goodbey to LVV. I would rather have see them putting the new smooth train on it. But hey... tearing down a traditional boomerang is always a good thing to do.

We don't have to expect new spectacular Roller Coasters from Walibi World in the future. Too bad Walibi World didn't become the "Roller Coaster Capital of Europe" they once promised to be in TV commercials.

I only go back there for Goliath, and that's one hell of a reason, isn't it?
Last edited by larrygator on Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:21 pm.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby RCfanatic » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:14 am

Souds good for the park, i hope they'll get more visitors now (maybe the extra money can be spent on new thrill rides), i only hope that removing Via Volta won't scare away the dutch youngsters. thanks for the news!

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby verticalzero » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:53 am

The best direction a park can go is to become a "Family" type one, it has to have lots of rides which can cater for the whole age range.

I love this park (been there 4 times in 2 years) and will watch it grow over the years.

Removing "Via Volta" is no big deal, they could replace it with a Spinning or a Euro-Fighter model if needed.

I wish I could witness the destruction of a Vekoma in May :)

Personally I would like to see Walibi World become the companies top Park, A "Cedar Point" of Holland or Europe with a Hyper Floorless, Stand-Up, a B&M Heaven and more woodie coasters.

The Park is still young, did the new owners spend 25 million pounds in 2000/1.

Goliath (Is it possible to "love" a coaster so much you feel down when you have not ridden it for months) is so highly addictive to ride (on none-school holiday days of course) I can sit on it all day, I managed over 20 circuits.

It's very sad to leave this wonderful steel beast and I will be returning to the park for many years to come just to experience the lovely :airtime: it produces. :)

I can't wait to smile at Goliath again after i've passed through the ticket booth's.

With Efteling, Walibi World and Toverland, Holland is a great place to visit for your coaster thrills and relax in their Centre Parc's, only 30 Euro's for a day visit.

In a few years I will be an hour or 2's drive away from all 3, not the 5-6 hours it takes from England.

"Tot ziens" as Via Volta is going to say in May
"Roller coaster design is a science, as well as an art: a state of pure bliss".

--------------------------------------

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Menghini » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:37 am

I hope the park will do some real maintenance now, especially for Goliath's sake. I hope the park will be worth visiting again someday... (of course: i will always go back for Goliath, but only if the entry is free of charge! ;) )

The Vekoma Boomerang was probably regarded as one of the most scary rides there. And now there aren't many boomerangs left in Europe... :(

Just kidding! :P

I think the dutch ("we") are fortunate with those parks we have now, such variety, cheap, etc. Unfortunately, the government wants to raise the taxes on the tickets (now they have the low rate, 6%, it will be the high rate: 19%), so the tickets will be a couple of Euro's more expensive!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:03 am

Menghini wrote:I hope the park will do some real maintenance now, especially for Goliath's sake. I hope the park will be worth visiting again someday... (of course: i will always go back for Goliath, but only if the entry is free of charge! ;) )

The Vekoma Boomerang was probably regarded as one of the most scary rides there. And now there aren't many boomerangs left in Europe... :(

Just kidding! :P

I think the dutch ("we") are fortunate with those parks we have now, such variety, cheap, etc. Unfortunately, the government wants to raise the taxes on the tickets (now they have the low rate, 6%, it will be the high rate: 19%), so the tickets will be a couple of Euro's more expensive!

19% is pretty obscene. But, governments love to tax tourists, because they have absolutely no voice.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Wishmaster » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:35 am

^ No it's not. In Belgium it's always been 21% and in some Scandinavian countries it's even higher.
Rock ''n roll angels bring thyn hard rock, hallelujah! :devil:

http://www.coastercounter.com/Wishmaster

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Janster » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:24 am

Menghini wrote:I hope the park will do some real maintenance now, especially for Goliath's sake.
Yep, so true. La Via Volta already looks like scrap metal and so does Xpress. They really need to repaint Xpress this year. Goliath also showed some rust colleration here and there. Hopefully WW uses the extra money for maintenance. Lately Goliath also made a loud bang, just before ascending the lift hill (did somebody else notice?). They should fix that too.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!