TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Black Parade

OzCatter

I can reach into the mind because I battled severe depression for nearly 3 years, thought about taking my life. I have a dad, but he wasnt there for me in the years I needed him most. I have a list as well. But remember, its all relative. Some people deal with deaths better than others. To some, a death of a family member might not mess them up as much as some other issue. But I came close to taking my own life with depression.

Thats how I can reach into the mind - I was there.

I came to understand that no matter what happens to you in your life, most of it is out of your control. And because of that, like every one, life is what you make of it and how much you enjoy life is up to you.

I agree with you, people with true depression or even people who maybe are teetering and just need help, they should get it.

EDIT - As for calling some of it an act, that deals with the high school kids who arent really depressed, but maybe are outcasts and the whole emo crowd will take that person in. However, thats the oxymoron. Where you would think that groups of emo's would be able to turn each other from emo to something better by caring for one another and taking care of each other, it just seems to end up being very seperatist. While they all stick together, they dont try to do much for each other. It only takes one person to change a life and make an impact.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Isn't like, 90% of emo now days, anyway?

ALSO, just to touch on this in here as well.

I think the third world comparison is a bit much, considering these people don't live in a third world country. People who live there are used to it. When your dad kills himself accidentally when you're four years old, it's something you can't get used to.

ALSO, just to touch on this in here as well. If people in 3rd world countries are "used to" all those things over there, why cant people here get over themselves, too? Oh, that's right, they don't and neither do people over there. That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. kthx

I think the third world comparison is a bit much, considering these people don't live in a third world country. People who live there are used to it. When your dad kills himself accidentally when you're four years old, it's something you can't get used to.

ALSO, just to touch on this in here as well. If people in 3rd world countries are "used to" all those things over there, why cant people here get over themselves, too? Oh, that's right, they don't and neither do people over there. That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. kthx

Just because somebody may have it worse, doesn't mean you lose your right to be upset. Depression is depression, no matter to what degree.

i dont see whats so bad abou emo's. they make great friends, and once they are friends, they can actually relax around you and have fun!

as for MCR and PATD, i like listening to them, but i dont feel any pressure to become emo myself...

also: wtf's up with Gerrard Ways' hair? i perferred it black! it suited him more...

Just because somebody may have it worse, doesn't mean you lose your right to be upset. Depression is depression, no matter to what degree.

That's exactly what I'm saying. You made it out like,"Oh, but they deal with it all the time, so it's not as depressing to them." Next time think before you belittle entire groups of people, whether you did that on purpous or not, it may make them feel even more worthless.

Its been good and bad seeing them become popular due to MTV. Pretty much, DEATH to MTV. They ruin good bands. It's mainly Panics....

So you're saying that Panic didn't suck that bad live until the played the VMAs? You're also saying that they didnt completely disgrace Smashing Pumpkins and Radiohead before then too, I suppose....

Thats not what I'm saying. They ruined them becuase they made P!ATD become just another one of those girl bands with annoying, preppy, girl followers. AND I've heard I Write Sins Not Tradgedies about 5 times in one hour on the radio. What makes it worse is they edit SO much out of the original song which makes it suck even more.

IMHO, they way people use EMO these days isnt even correct. the music isnt EMO. the fashion is EMO. The music you call "emo" now is a bunch of kids that most likely werent good at playin hardcore or punkrock and probably werent in any scenes like that cause they probably just were not true enough. Add on the fact that they have good looks, nice haircuts and probably come from money(maybe, its all who you know) helps. Its called marketing. The fashion is marketable now. so bands are getting scooped up and spit out. Real "emo" back in the day was almost hardcore music, real hardcore , but they added these softer moments to add a little more to it and show a soft side.

My Chemical Romance, to me, was never emo. they are just a unique rock band. people think they were emo because of fashion and a false idea of the music scene they were in. Panic! at the disco sounds more like Broadway musical stuff and rock more than punkrock or " emo".

theres emotion in all music. so really everything has emo in it. its just a stupid fashion that will pas slike 80's hairmetal.

IMHO, they way people use EMO these days isnt even correct. the music isnt EMO. the fashion is EMO. The music you call "emo" now is a bunch of kids that most likely werent good at playin hardcore or punkrock and probably werent in any scenes like that cause they probably just were not true enough. Add on the fact that they have good looks, nice haircuts and probably come from money(maybe, its all who you know) helps. Its called marketing. The fashion is marketable now. so bands are getting scooped up and spit out. Real "emo" back in the day was almost hardcore music, real hardcore , but they added these softer moments to add a little more to it and show a soft side.

My Chemical Romance, to me, was never emo. they are just a unique rock band. people think they were emo because of fashion and a false idea of the music scene they were in. Panic! at the disco sounds more like Broadway musical stuff and rock more than punkrock or " emo".

theres emotion in all music. so really everything has emo in it. its just a stupid fashion that will pas slike 80's hairmetal.

Thank you very much. I've been tearing my hair out at this thread because it drives me round the bend when people label stuff emo when it plainly isn't. A lot of what is labelled emo today is labelled by the magazines and the music television which brands it thusly, and leads to lot a of misconception as to what emo really is.

Bands like Fugazi, Quicksand, Texas Is The Reason would what I define as being emo. They all came from the ashes of hardcore bands gone by.

Thats not what I'm saying. They ruined them becuase they made P!ATD become just another one of those girl bands with annoying, preppy, girl followers. AND I've heard I Write Sins Not Tradgedies about 5 times in one hour on the radio. What makes it worse is they edit SO much out of the original song which makes it suck even more.

You have such an elitist mentality about panic! at the disco, oh the irony.

Whatever happened to Sunny Day Real Estate?

Jeremy Enigk just released an album and still tours (plays SDRE covers too!) and he talked about a reunion in an interview here.

At least the fire theft is supposed to be getting back together.

The only Panic song I really like is "This is Halloween" from Nightmare. It was just so perfect, and it was one of the better of the few (just behind Fall Out Boy's "What's This" and miles ahead of She Want's Revenge's "Kidnap the Sandy Claws"). Sorry, the nightmare fan in me needed to say that. By the way, if you can, download the re-released album, as some of the re-done songs are really awesome!

Anyway, I am getting the Black Parade soon, so I'll post a rewview of that.....eventually.

Is it just me, or does every band that gets popular by MTV now considered "Emo"?

I would not consider P!ATD Emo, none of their songs are about "Oh man, I hate my life, let me yell and scream about it." If you actually listen, their lyrics are emotional, yes, but not entirely about themselves. The only remotely "Emo" song on there is "Lying is the Most fun..." but that isn't emo either. Mostly every band has a song about being thrown aside by a loved one, does that make every band, even metal bands "Emo"? I dont' think so.

Let music be music, if it sounds bad, don't listen to it. I don't see why everything in the world has to be put into catigiories.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for you post. It was needed.

The only thought I have when I see a pack of glamed out, "emo" teens is this folks:

MotleyColorWhack.jpg.726200d74b0c3e23a661efd7b201488b.jpg

10 years from now this wave of the "emo kids" will end up looking just like these 80's rebels did. ;) Funny how this sort of stuff keeps being recycled.

Is it just me, or does every band that gets popular by MTV now considered "Emo"?

I would not consider P!ATD Emo, none of their songs are about "Oh man, I hate my life, let me yell and scream about it." If you actually listen, their lyrics are emotional, yes, but not entirely about themselves. The only remotely "Emo" song on there is "Lying is the Most fun..." but that isn't emo either. Mostly every band has a song about being thrown aside by a loved one, does that make every band, even metal bands "Emo"? I dont' think so.

Let music be music, if it sounds bad, don't listen to it. I don't see why everything in the world has to be put into catigiories.

Emo now is more about the image. There's really no emo music anymore, just a bunch of stupid people who only like udnerground bands because they think it makes them cool.... when 99% of those bands sound the same and suck.... and have months in their name.

Ive started to get annoyed by these bands that think they can (or cant?) pull off really bad looking outfits when performing.

I was watching the killers on SNL, and the lead singer was dressed like a nerd (not a typical nerd dress, but whatever...

anyhoo, everyone in the band looked really... stupid. And i know that is their idea of being 'origional' or whatever... but i have seen alot of bands on MTV and whatnot looking like this, and it just makes them all look dumb...

ummm

yeah. That probably made no sense... but whatever.