The Black Parade

So an emo band loses it's emoness
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Nobody Does It Better

The Black Parade

Postby OzCatter » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:46 pm

I hate emo, it's well known with a lot of people I know, I detest it.

Well, I hated My Chemical Romance, they were annoying, they looked, smelled, sang, breathed emo, they were just an utter annoyance.

Well, I heard Welcome to the Black Parade a few months ago when it was leaked, and was shocked at how it sounded more like a Queen-esqe power ballad rather than a screamo song. It had good guitar rifts, good drumming, good bass pattern, just overall good stuff.

The album leaked the other day, and I took a listen from a friend, who played it for me, this album is good. It's a story, of a young man who gets cancer and dies, and basically is his story of him in the afterlife. It's really good, but the emos will cry.

Teh Rockness Monster

Re: The Black Parade

Postby BiCoastal Kid » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:51 pm

OzCatter wrote: but the emos will cry.

They're going to do that anyway.

Nobody Does It Better

Postby OzCatter » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:54 pm

BiCoastal Kid wrote:
OzCatter wrote: but the emos will cry.

They're going to do that anyway.

True enough

My friend and I are anti-emo, except for his obsession for Panic at the Disco, which I hate more than any band, and we both like MCR now. My sister, very emo, hates em now

Teh Rockness Monster

Postby BiCoastal Kid » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:03 pm

Meh, Panic is fun to listen to, and that's about it. I shouldnt talk to loud though, because Okinawa will come in here and yell about how he's known them since before life and stuff.

Anyway, I've heard some of the new album and you can tell they actually had to try not to sound like their old selves. Now they sound like them, but going,"Man, this like our last album.... let's make a concept album!"

SLC's Rule!

Postby kennywood!007 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:21 pm

Black Parade show sounds like its gonna be amazing. Its said to a Rock Opra, like a show with a plot. By hearing a couple of the songs, the show should be really good! The song on the album named Cancer was pretty damn sad to listen to.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Timpowes » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:16 am

If I heard it right on MTV, this new album was one of MCR more difficult alumbs to make, because it had many emo(tional) songs in it.

I hate wannabe emos aswell.

Full Fledged Bi Enthusiast

Postby okinawaboy11 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:39 pm

OzCatter wrote:It had good guitar rifts, good drumming, good bass pattern, just overall good stuff

I've always loved My Chemical Romance. And Panic. But unlike most Panic fans, I know all their songs. Whereas most people only know Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off and But its Better if you do. And I've listended to them since HFestival and small basement shows thruout DC metro area. Its been good and bad seeing them become popular due to MTV. Pretty much, DEATH to MTV. They ruin good bands. It's mainly Panics (and Fall Out Boys, which I've also listened to before they were signed) girly "OMGZ I'M PANICS BIGGEST FAN CUZ I ONLY NO 3 OF THUR SONGZZZZ!!!111!!" that I hate. :devil:

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:53 pm

I never gave a crap about MCR to be honest.

But last night I listened to them on SNL playing Welcome to the Black Parade. Wow, emo and quite Queen-esque at the same time.

(looks on Wikipedia page) Directed by the same guy that done Dookie and Nimrod by Green Day? Bitchin'...
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby TatsuXtreme » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:55 pm

I saw them perform Welcome to the Black Parade at the MTV video awards. i could of sworn that the singer was crying.

Postby Wes » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:07 pm

BiCoastal Kid wrote:Meh, Panic is fun to listen to, and that's about it. I shouldnt talk to loud though, because Okinawa will come in here and yell about how he's known them since before life and stuff.

okinawaboy11 wrote:I've always loved My Chemical Romance. And Panic. But unlike most Panic fans, I know all their songs. Whereas most people only know Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off and But its Better if you do. And I've listended to them since HFestival and small basement shows thruout DC metro area. Its been good and bad seeing them become popular due to MTV. Pretty much, DEATH to MTV. They ruin good bands. It's mainly Panics (and Fall Out Boys, which I've also listened to before they were signed) girly "OMGZ I'M PANICS BIGGEST FAN CUZ I ONLY NO 3 OF THUR SONGZZZZ!!!111!!" that I hate.

THE PROPHECY HAS BEEN FULFILLED.

Next

Return to Random, Random, Random