TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parks Coasters and Rides in Movies and TV

Does anyone know any movies with theme parks in it?

Kiss meets the phantom, What park was that??? its old!

Any other parks in the movies?

I remeber Wonder Women did an episode in a park, Anyone know about it?

Spike-> really would like to know about KISS meets the phantom.

Spike, also showing my age.

Edited by larrygator

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm

Rollercoaster - Paramount's Kings Dominion, Ocean View Park, Six Flags Magic Mountain, One in Pittsburgh area

Death of Ocean View Park - Obvious there

Lost Boys - Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk

National Lampoon's Vacation - Six Flags Magic Mountain

Spy Kids 2 - Six Flags Over Texas

Richie Rich - Six Flags Great America, well Iron Wolf

House on Haunted Hill - Island of Adventure, Incredible Hulk really.

I'm sure there's alot more .. as for the KISS one .. I believe that was some older park .. I've seen it, but can't remember off the top of my head.

1977's Rollercoaster was an interesting movie, but one that came out at the wrong time, I think. Universal should do a re-make, give it a higher budget, get permission to use some high profile parks (It could even be a joint venture between Universal and another studio or two)

I'm not sure who could play George Segal's part, but I'd probably pick the eternally creepy Crispin Glover to play the bomber that Timothy Bottoms originally portrayed.

Dorney has been in at least two that I know of.. John Water's "Hairspray" and a singing Nun movie.. as well as (apparently) being featured in an independent film which is slated to come out this year about kids who break into a "carnival" and run the rides themselves.

(I was actually there for the Hairspray filming, in 50's-ish clothing, but I have never found myself in any of the scenes).

Maeryk

Does anyone know any movies with theme parks in it?

Kiss meets the phantom, What park was that??? its old!

Any other parks in the movies?

I remeber Wonder Women did an episode in a park, Anyone know about it?

Spike-> really would like to know about KISS meets the phantom.

Spike, also showing my age.

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=dvdinfo&id=1800085781

talking about movies with Roller Coasters...

The Final Destination III movie might scare many to go and ride coasters in the future. (If you know part 1 and 2, you know the coaster opening will not be pretty)

Just wondering. They build a coaster in a studio for this movie, but will they use shots from a park somewhere?

^ Really are they making a coaster for the set? Thats gonna cut into the prop budget pretty deep, a bit unrealistically so. Anyways, if it works, they should sell it after, put a big sticker saying 'as seen with bloody people on FD3!'.

I remember all the Walt Disney World specials from TV, ah, the mid nineties. I saw Full House and Step by Step go, one of the characters from either of then was trying to beat the record for the quickest time to ride all the rides. Also, a Sabrina multi episode really well when DAK had just opened, and that Harley (?) became a Safari host and a stuntman on Indiana Jones Stunt Show.

Don't forget The Simpsons vist to Mt. Splashmore, Itchy & Scratchy Land and when they went to Florida and the alernate Disney, then Homer sneaked into the Magic Kingdom ...

"One Churro please!"

"Ok, that'll be $13"

"D'OH!"

^ Also, in one of the episodes they see a commercial for "Duff Gardens." Obviously a parody of Busch Gardens.

I know in Gleaming the Cube they fly over Disneyland in a helicopter, and in the preview for The Lords of Dogtown the characters skate under a beachside amusement park. Can anyone identify that park?

^ Also, in one of the episodes they see a commercial for "Duff Gardens." Obviously a parody of Busch Gardens.

Actually they go to the park in one episode. The funniest part is when they go on a ride like "it's a small world" and Bart dares Lisa to drink the water, she does and then she gets a really "bad trip"

^ Really are they making a coaster for the set? Thats gonna cut into the prop budget pretty deep, a bit unrealistically so. Anyways, if it works, they should sell it after, put a big sticker saying 'as seen with bloody people on FD3!'.

The coaster they build is, as far as I know, not a complete working coaster. Just some track needed for close ups and the kills... that is why I wonder if they would use a real coaster for the big shot or if they going to fill in the rest with the good old computers.....

Say Robb, should you not be involved in this

Who here has seen a Brit Flick called "The Parole Officer" ?

For those who remember the sequences on National Lampoon's Vacation - you'll love the coaster scene in this film. Set on the Pepsi Max Big One at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, it'll leave you in stitches.

Click below for a hint of the plot - none of the rollercoaster scenes are pictured.

http://www.dvd.net.au/review.cgi?review_id=1265

• 1 month later...

I'm reviving this old thread cause I just got through watching Child's Play 3 and there's a haunted house coaster-ish ride at the end of the movie...anyone know if this is an actual ride? They're supposed to be on a carnie ride, but one look on the inside U can tell there's NO way its a carnie house.

Any help would be appreciated.

The coaster they build is, as far as I know, not a complete working coaster. Just some track needed for close ups and the kills... that is why I wonder if they would use a real coaster for the big shot or if they going to fill in the rest with the good old computers.....

Say Robb, should you not be involved in this

As far as I know, they were using the vekoma corkscrew in Canada, I forget where though, I am sure they built a little bit of track or used the computer to do such.

On the list that was posted a few replys back it says that Coney Island Cyclone was in Titanic. Is this right cause all the times I have seen the film I never saw it.

If anyone knows where it is in the film it would be great cause I may just have to go watch it again!

I'm reviving this old thread cause I just got through watching Child's Play 3 and there's a haunted house coaster-ish ride at the end of the movie...anyone know if this is an actual ride? They're supposed to be on a carnie ride, but one look on the inside U can tell there's NO way its a carnie house.

Any help would be appreciated.

I can't believe no one has said Beverly Hills Cop 3 at Wonder World, aka Paramount's Great America.

Also I think that bad 3 ninjas was at the old Elitch's in Denver. I remember there was an interesting sequence where they actually stopped the arrow shuttle loop train in the middle of the loop!

If they remade Rollercoaster today, at the end the mad bomber would get a slight cut on him after the Revolution train strikes him, given the way the ride runs now...

No...the bomber would have cracked bones sticking out of him, be speared through the chest with a spiked fence, be unrecognizable due to the massive amout of blood, and missing a few body parts, given the way Hollywood runs.

• 1 month later...

Watched Walter Hill's The Warriors again tonight. As the film begins and ends at Coney Island's Astroland, it got me wondering which other movies and TV shows feature theme parks and roller coasters?

Of the top of my head I can name the following:

- National Lampoon's Vacation - With the Griswold's trek to Six Flags Magic Mou... er ...Wally World.

- Beverly Hills Cop III

- Roller Coaster (I guess that one's pretty obvious, eh?)

- True Romance - it's years since I saw this but I'm sure I remember a coaster in there.

C'mon, name some others!

Edited by robbalvey