Elitch Gardens Discussion Thread

Page 36: Meow Wolf's Kaleidoscape
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby CD » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:18 pm

I hope so, I hate seeing amusment parks go and I would love to go and check EG out someday.
- Come visit me at Test Track, Mission Space, and Spaceship Earth in EPCOT over at WDW, I would love to meet some more TPR members!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby RCfanatic » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:19 pm

Well thats sad, it seemed like a pretty decent park, if they close it i hope they relocate most of the coasters and don't scrape any of them, especially the rare Arrow Launch-Loop "Sidewinder".

Hopefully the better ones of the 6 "maybe-to-be-put-on-sale" Six Flags parks stay in operations.

Ruler of all Intamin rides

Postby MSLSM » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:21 pm

While I kind of saw it coming, it is sad to see this park go. It was my favorite SF park, and IMO, it fit the new SF well. Hopefully Half Pipe is sent to GAM, but that will only be found out with time.
2006 Season:
7 Parks/11 Visits
24 Coasters/102 Rides

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby CD » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:34 pm

I hope that the other Six Flags parks that just recently fired their characters don't have the same outcome. Like SFMW, I went to the park this weekend and didn't see a single character. Although every single ride was running which I have never seen before.
- Come visit me at Test Track, Mission Space, and Spaceship Earth in EPCOT over at WDW, I would love to meet some more TPR members!

It's hot outside, and I have a headache

Postby SLUSHIE » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:42 pm

Why would one criticize and company for selling assets. Take control of that comany, then sell more assets.

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:56 pm

Does SFEG have a good collection of flat rides?

Not really, the only standouts at SFEG are Batwing (Chance Aviator) and Tower of Doom (Intamin Freefall).

Well, hope SFEG doesn't get torn down. I found it to be one of the more well-kept parks in the SF chain. However, the day I went, Boomerang was doen. However, inside the station was a crew pressure washing it, so good to see SF maintaining their stuff.

Glad I got most of the credits though!
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby CKY Lunatic » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:12 pm

SharkTums wrote:Although...Flying Coaster would fit so perfectly in Flashback's space!!! :lolr:

Ugh, take that heap of painful sh*t!

El Toro totally owns the Voyage!

Postby coasterguy618 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:22 pm

This is sort of sad....seeing another Six Flags park for sale....but its not like we didnt know this was going to happen.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby CoasterCrazy » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:23 pm

It looks like SFEG will be another SF park that I will never get a chance to visit.

Random Ranter

Postby kenshinmac » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:00 pm

Have you guys even read the thing? Basically the site is not really feasible for any other use and the asking price is obviously not for just the land... The price is to sell the park as a whole.

I can't imagine that a company could really make it worthwhile to buy the land what with the cost of the park and the costs associated with changing the zoning and everything else...

Besides Six Flags is looking to sell properties but the amount of bad press that the old Six Flags got for closing down one property would be a death sentence for the new owners. Heck do the rest of you remember the stock price fall that happened when they announced that they were closing Astroworld? I think they will do whatever they can to try to preserve the parks since they are in many cases very important to the cities in which they reside.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!