TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Just got here myself, your posts give me hope that TTD will open by Friday. It was down long term when we were here last year. Were from Western NY too, wonder if the people you met at TP was anyone I know. My plan is to gather access passes furst, MF, Maverick and then SV.... think itll work?

No, if you want SV go there first. There's a good chance they'll be gone by the time you make it there after waiting in line for MF and Mavericks passes. Likewise MF might be gone if you do the reverse... I found that adding the long walks from Frontier Town to MF gives both MFs and Mavericks lines time to die down so you don't end up standing in line while passes disappear.

Note that they have said Dragster, if opening, will be an access pass ride too. I have no idea how to make it work if you wanted to grab all four from one pass issuance session.

I just wanted to say thanks for all of the reports, Mike. It's nice to have some new ones to read. Looking forward to the pictures!

Thanks! Glad to know that they're appreciated.

No, if you want SV go there first. There's a good chance they'll be gone by the time you make it there after waiting in line for MF and Mavericks passes. Likewise MF might be gone if you do the reverse... I found that adding the long walks from Frontier Town to MF gives both MFs and Mavericks lines time to die down so you don't end up standing in line while passes disappear.

Note that they have said Dragster, if opening, will be an access pass ride too. I have no idea how to make it work if you wanted to grab all four from one pass issuance session.

Hmm. Might have to wait for the 330 issuance for one of them. We rode MF last yr so that can wait for Friday if need be. What time did they start distributing? 11 on the dot? Hard part will be getting my kids to hustle lol.

They started giving out the Steel Vengeance passes at like 10:50-10:55 each of the three days I was there. Maverick was 10:55-11:00. Millennium, I'm not sure since I was never around that area when they started giving them out. Entering the park at 10:00 as soon as they rolled up the gates, walking at a normal pace (I'm too old for the running of the bulls haha), I made it to be in the first 50-75 SV passes on the first two days and amongst the first 20-30 Maverick passes today. That said, by 11:00, the SV pass line extended all the way to the train crossing on each of these three days. Maverick's line was almost as long on Monday, but more reasonable yesterday and today. If your reservation/arrival time is after 11:00, you're probably out of luck for the initial issue. Note that Tony Clark did post a blog entry today saying that all reservations at 10:00, 10:30, or 11:00 would be allowed to enter the park with the gate-roll-up at 10:00. Don't forget to allow 15-30 minutes to get through the health screening line before you even get to the gate, and note that they didn't even open the health screening process until 9:45 these three days.

A reservation to visit the park is still required. For those who have reservations between 10 and 11 a.m., we’ll be opening the appropriate entrance gates at 10:00 a.m. each day; available rides will open at their scheduled time of 11:00 a.m.

If Dragster is open, that will probably bleed off a good chunk of people that would be otherwise going for one of the three big rides' passes, so maybe that will help.

I do know that if you're going to shoot for a 3:30 issuance, you probably want to line up around 2:30. Especially now that they've published on that blog entry that there will be a second issuance at that time...before it was kinda a "had to be there to be told that by an employee" kinda thing.

That is great news, it puts you a lot closer to Frontier Town and probably saves you 15-20 minutes walking from the main gate. Note that all of the other auxiliary gates are closed, and that you'll need a wristband from Express to get in through the Magnum/Resort gate.

That is great news, it puts you a lot closer to Frontier Town and probably saves you 15-20 minutes walking from the main gate. Note that all of the other auxiliary gates are closed, and that you'll need a wristband from Express to get in through the Magnum/Resort gate.

All set! SV and Maverick first it is, MF if we can

20200715_220130.thumb.jpg.9c6544bab06ff3801ea265396db2b44c.jpg

I believe at the moment it is just if you have all season OR if you had purchased a fastpass pre-shutdown. Hoping they will start selling them again like KI did.

So, we are staying at Breakers at the end of the month. We were not given any option on picking a reservation time, just the assurance that you are guaranteed entry into the park. Will we automatically get the earlier time? I assumed we would get to enter at the resort gate like always.

Hoping since it is still two weeks away that things will have smoothed out operationally and that maybe they will put fastpass back on the table.

1. Steel Vengeance

2. Maverick

2. Millennium Force

2. Top Thrill Dragster

5. Magnum XL-200

6. Raptor

7. Gemini

8. Blue Streak

9. Rougarou

10. Gatekeeper

11. Valravn

12. Wicked Twister

13. Iron Dragon

14. Corkscrew

15. Cedar Creek Mine Ride

I'll join in on the ranking fun. First and only time there was Valravn opening year (long live the boat) but will make it back again eventually.

1.) Maverick - By far the best. Everything I like in a coaster.

5.) Magnum XL-200 - Arrow pyramid hills for the win.

6.) Millennium Force - I'm on the over hyped train but considering what else I rode this is where it lives.

7.) Iron Dragon - I'm a sucker for these and while most is lackluster, the ending is redeeming.

8.) Valravn - In the back is where it's at.

9.) Rougarou - It packs a little more punch I feel then the standard sit downs, it helped the the trim was off on the first drop and brake run.

10.) Top Thrill Dragster - It's a one trick pony more then anything else but I didn't care for the front at the time. My mistake. Kinda Ka changed my mind.

11.) Corkscrew - I didn't find it terrible, the back car off the first drop is actually some seriously good ejector airtime other then that it's vanilla.

12.) Gemini - It would of been great if it was racing. But just felt drawn out. The jerk in the helix didn't help.

13.) Cedar Creek Mine Ride - Long live the Arrow mine train!

I still need to write up my trip report from long ago but overall thoughts is that I found the park to be over hyped. Of all the parks I went to on that trip it would fall on the lower section for me.

Oh, why not:

1. Steel Vengeance

2. Maverick

3. Millennium Force

4. Raptor

5. Top Thrill Dragster

6. Valravn

7. Gatekeeper

8. Wicked Twister

9. Magnum XL-200

10. Gemini

11. Iron Dragon

12. Blue Streak

13. Cedar Creek Mine Ride

14. Rougarou

15. Woodstock Express

16. Corkscrew

Very nice. How's the weather holding out? I was considering staying an extra day but saw 50+% chance of thunderstorms all day and didn't bother.

Very nice. How's the weather holding out? I was considering staying an extra day but saw 50+% chance of thunderstorms all day and didn't bother.

We sat down and buckled in on Maverick at 1235 and it opened up. Was down about 15 minutes and started rolling again. Only drizzle since.

Unpopular opinion: Melt was garbage. Fried mac and cheese bites were great but our entrees were blah.

1. Maverick

2. Steel Vengeance

3. Millennium Force

4. Raptor

5. Top Thrill Dragster

6. Gatekeeper

7. Magnum XL-200

8. Valravn

9. Wicked Twister

10. Gemini

11. Blue Streak

12. Rougarou

13. Iron Dragon

14. Cedar Creek Mine Ride

15. Corkscrew

Just saw in the news that 3 employees tested positive before their shifts yesterday. Makes you wonder how that effects operations based on where they were working.

They send them home to quarantine for two weeks, then shift three other people into those positions (or not) and then they wipe everything the f*#k down a whole bunch.