TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Lucky you guys. Wish we had the bar that they open in Playland, during the PNE, open for Playland.

IMG_0086.JPG.5c6455726fb710c0ef1510bdd1397bf3.JPG

The place for beers & beverages...during the PNE, in Playland.

From the SFGADv Website:

Jersey Devil Coaster to Debut in 2021

The world’s tallest, fastest and longest single rail coaster, Jersey Devil Coaster, will not open this year. Due to the pandemic, most construction projects were delayed or halted all together. For this reason, Six Flags is making plans to debut Jersey Devil Coaster in 2021. We look forward to sharing more construction updates as we complete this record-breaking scream machine.

Oh well, we figured this was a possibility. Six Flags' habit of delaying construction / opening a new ride later than most other amusement parks came back to bite them here, especially considering Candymonium and Orion are able to open, but to be fair, I'm sure "global pandemic" wasn't a factor in the early planning stages. Certainly disappointing, but it's undoubtedly small in comparison to a lot of what's going on now. We'll ride it eventually!

^ It's literally the most played out SF dig anyone can make, are enthusiasts able to come up with an original joke at all at this point?

Oh well, we figured this was a possibility. Six Flags' habit of delaying construction / opening a new ride later than most other amusement parks came back to bite them here, especially considering Candymonium and Orion are able to open, but to be fair, I'm sure "global pandemic" wasn't a factor in the early planning stages.

This this this this all of this.

The pandemic is the reason for the delayed opening, not the fact that the pandemic delayed construction.

It is all about the money at this point and not worth opening Jersey Devil if they can't bring in large crowds with social distancing. Even if SFGAdv draws COVID capacity crowds the the park will struggle to make a profit since an even higher percentage of park visitors will be eager season pass holding enthusiasts willing to make reservations in an effort to maximize the return on investment on their season pass. With reduced park capacity it is a battle between season pass holders and the park to maximize profits. Once season pass holders buy those passes, they are no longer revenue generations at the park.

Delaying the opening til 2021 is not going to bite them. SF will take short term pot shots for the enthusiast community online, but those same enthusiasts will buy passes or continue memberships and come back next year

Edited by larrygator

System crashed for an hour or so but works fine now.

Kingda Ka, Zumanjaro, and a few others rides will not be opening with the park. Forgot where I saw the list. Sounded like maint. work and inspections were delayed due to COVID and still need to be done on a few rides.

Agree with larrygator that it just makes commercial sense not to open it this year. Not only is it one of the worst rides when it comes to social distancing, with half the season gone and the rest of the season likely to be a washout it doesn't really make sense to open this year because by next year the hype has gone.

Also it makes sense to take a rain check on this year, because then at least by pushing everything back a year they don't need to worry about getting (or not getting) any new rides next year.

I'm actually surprised not more parks in America have pushed back ride openings, I think almost every park in the UK has.

Kingda Ka, Zumanjaro, and a few others rides will not be opening with the park. Forgot where I saw the list. Sounded like maint. work and inspections were delayed due to COVID and still need to be done on a few rides.

This is super disappointing. No Storm Runner at Hershey and now no Ka? Sounds like anything related to an Accelerator model is not opening this year. Womp

Well looks like I'll be (hopefully) able to marathon Batman: The Ride, Nitro, El Toro and Bizarro.

This is super disappointing. No Storm Runner at Hershey and now no Ka? Sounds like anything related to an Accelerator model is not opening this year. Womp

Well Dragster was testing this morning so there goes that theory.

dragster.jpg.27314c0365642e97f6b1d0a1ef0eeb4b.jpg

Well Dragster was testing this morning so there goes that theory.

[attachment=0]dragster.jpg[/attachment]

Seems like CP found some magic in their Intamin. Lol

Are their CP-employed mechanics dedicated to each coaster, perhaps even specially trained on Inatmin rides? Sure, I'd believe that.

But I'm not going to believe that there's a branch of Intamin AG on-site at Cedar Point. If that were the case, Dragster wouldn't have like 50% downtime each year.

Nitro is closed and listed as closed on the website. I've heard some not-so-good rumors but don't want to post them since I don't trust the source at all (and if I did I still wouldn't post them for other reasons, lol).

Edited by coasterbill

Nitro is closed and listed as closed on the website. I've heard some not-so-good rumors but don't want to post them since I don't trust the source at all (and if I did I still wouldn't post them for other reasons, lol).

Are you talking about the rumor of Nitro being RMC'd? First ever steel to wood conversion?