Tayto Park Discussion Thread

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Looks like they have permission!

They've also completely redesigned the rides to satisfy the locals, with elements carefully positioned to direct noise away from the neighbors, a first drop into a trench, and an enclosed lifthill for the Family Boomerang.

So even though Tripsdrill ran away with the original concept, Tayto is not getting a clone, but an original ride.

Tayto Park announce approval for 2 new Steel Rollercoasters

Today, Tayto Park, Ireland’s only theme park and zoo, announced approval on two new steel intertwining rollercoasters which will begin construction in 2021 to open to the public in 2023.The rollercoasters, which represent a total investment of €15million by the park, will create 40 new jobs in the area.

Speaking on the announcement, Founder of Tayto Park, Raymond Coyle said, “Today is a very exciting day for Tayto Park and Co. Meath. This is the largest single investment in our history! We currently employ 420 people and not only will the new coasters add employment to the local economy, they are securing the future of the park’.

To secure the planning, Tayto Park has spent over €1,500,000 on noise reduction methods. This is made up of multiple factors which included completely redesigning the coasters after the initial planning stages. Designers reoriented the tracks to direct noise back into the park and away from housing in the area.

The rollercoasters are due to begin construction in 2021 and will be open to the public in 2023.

http://www.taytopark.ie/events/tayto-park-announce-approval-for-2-new-steel-rollercoasters

Tayto_Park_Roller_Coaster_2020_crop.thumb.jpg.1e6b4e8fca413a3a427bf3c898cbd24d.jpg

Wow, this is a surprise! I thought it was curtains since the coasters ended up at Tripsdrill. It makes sense that there'll be a few years before they open as hopefully there will be some kind of upswing in the tourism industry by then.

I had no idea the originally planned coasters are the ones that ended up at Tripsdrill. That’s a fun piece of trivia!

Looks like this is going to end up working out better for everyone! I love the look of these medium-sized Vekoma inverts with lapbars only. More please!

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like Tayto park is getting a real push back from neighbors about new coasters being built. As much as I often think this is hogwash (dang, I wish city people spoke up about noise pollution - it's hell here in Chicago), I thought about how loud and shrill those Gravity Group trains are. Love their rides, like those guys, but those trains suck. Almost painfully loud to stand next to one of those; there's gotta be something they could do about those chassis.

I hope they work it out, Tayto looks like a great park!

I realize Wikipedia isn't the most reliable source but is this true?

The Rotator: A Maxi Dance Party 360 in which riders face outwards on a rotating gondola that swings like a pendulum. The Rotator no longer spins the full 360° that the ride is capable of, due to people being too scared to ride.

Seems weird with all the swinging pendulum models out there on the market, that the park brought one of the few that has a counterweight to do the full 360 and not run it that way.

I realize Wikipedia isn't the most reliable source but is this true?

The Rotator: A Maxi Dance Party 360 in which riders face outwards on a rotating gondola that swings like a pendulum. The Rotator no longer spins the full 360° that the ride is capable of, due to people being too scared to ride.

Seems weird with all the swinging pendulum models out there on the market, that the park brought one of the few that has a counterweight to do the full 360 and not run it that way.

The only time I went there it did go 360, but that was a few years ago.

I personally prefer the standard "counterweightless" pendulum rides as they feel more natural. But it sure is strange if this one is o longer doing the full 360.

If I'm not mistaken, both Zamperla and SBF include automatic ride programs that don't go upside down. Saves power, I'm assuming.

• 9 months later...

3 Vekoma Coasters heading to Ireland!

After another attempt by the neighbours to appeal against the intertwined Vekoma Suspended Thrill Coaster and Family Boomerang failed Tayto Park's planning permission is secure and they can finally proceed with their plans. 

News Article Source - March 2021

Official statement from the park:

Today, Tayto Park, Ireland’s only theme park and zoo, was granted approval from An Bord Pleanálafor the construction of two new steel intertwining rollercoasters. The rollercoasters, which represent a total investment of €15million by Tayto Park, will create 40 new jobs in the area.

Speaking on the announcement, Founder of Tayto Park, Raymond Coyle said, “I am thrilled with the news of our planning approval. The construction of the rollercoasters will mark our largest single investment in our 11 years in business. This announcement will not only bring the latest cutting-edge attractions for our visitors to enjoy but will also add employment to the local economy”.  

Tayto Park has spent over €1,500,000 on noise reduction methods to secure planning for the attractions at the theme park and zoo located in Ashbourne, Co. Meath. 

Rollercoaster Details;

Suspended Coaster
Length:748m
Height 31m
Capacity 1000 People Per Hour
Speed 100kph 

Boomerang
Length:221M
Height 24.2m
Capacity: 720P.P.H
Speed: 70kph Forward & 60KPH Backward 

https://taytopark.ie/events/new-rollercoasters-planning-approval

Some images from the revised plans showing the noise reduction changes, theming and interactions.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Family Boomerang Station will feature two fly through moments from the STC.

spacer.png

However; Tayto Park aren't stopping there. They recently filed a new planning application for another Vekoma coaster. This time a Jr Coaster to replace their Dinosaur walkthrough. It will keep the Dinosaur theme and be 11.6m tall, 254m long and have a top speed of 46km/h. Slightly odd as it is quite similar to the Zierer family coaster 'Flight School' beside it however should be another good addition for younger guests and fill the gap until the delayed 2023 coasters open.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Following the 2023 coasters the park intend to revisit their hotel plans.

Interview with park owner