TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Earlier in this thread, it was mentioned the park was building a second Vekoma Family Boomerang, it could be for that. Unless the family boomerang is mixed in that blue track. I'd assumed it was all the one roller-coaster but trying to follow the track it could be two.

I wonder what kind of drugs that place is selling. The expansions this place is doing in crazy lmao

It's easy when the government is funding the project with tax dollars, which is also easy when your federal income tax is 18-32%, social security and "sickness tax" is 13.71%, and you pay a 23% sales tax (they call it VAT) on everything except food.

Sure, except it doesn't. Energylandia is owned and run by a private company whose owner is a rollercoaster enthusiast and they have nothing to do with Polish government. I have no idea where that idea came from. Truth is they received two EU grants for about 17-18 million EUR (about 50-60% of total value of the projects they applied for) and that's it. Still, I'm not sure if that's enough to build Hyperion alone.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G965F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Here's where I got that idea:

https://energylandia.pl/en/about-us/subsidies/

Converted to US Dollars, that's $10,665,283.88 and $8,685,504.90. Not sure if that's EU or Polish finding, but it doesn't matter, they're not small figures.

Also, from the attached image posted during the Hyperion expansion, they received $1,599,953.36 direct from the Polish government and $9,066,402.48 from the EU, which might as well be the same source. Also not small figures.

And that's just what's being disclosed publicly by the park; if you don't think there's other incentives behind the scenes (which the fact that the Hyperion project numbers are not listed on their "subsidies" page, it virtually confirms that there are), you're blind.

I'm sure their independently wealthy owner has a lot to do with it, but you can't say that the government (either Poland's or the EU) wasn't highly involved in its success or massive growth. The park would look a lot different today if it didn't have the financial support of Poland/the EU.

I'm sorry if I offended your national landmark, but it is what it is.

energy2000.thumb.jpg.eadf529435dff7fb33edad275480d666.jpg

• 8 months later...

Looks fun! What a unique (and lengthy) layout. I am also a sucker for blue color schemes.

I really wanna know when some American parks will hop on the new-Vekoma train. Or maybe it will be like the Mega-Lite and always remain a pipe dream. I can think of tons of parks here that would benefit from one of their new looping or launched coasters.

2 hours ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

Looks fun! What a unique (and lengthy) layout. I am also a sucker for blue color schemes.

I really wanna know when some American parks will hop on the new-Vekoma train. Or maybe it will be like the Mega-Lite and always remain a pipe dream. I can think of tons of parks here that would benefit from one of their new looping or launched coasters.

There new family suspended seem to be taking off. But yes the family boomerangs, Bermuda Blitz, hyper space and space warp coasters need to come state side. The new STC coasters also look good

I'm concerned that there's a lot of water yet to be added to this!!??  Don't forget this is the park that almost drowned a boat of TPR members in 2019!!!!

And yes, Vekoma needs to get some of these new amazing coasters to the US!

They've also posted a full overview of the current (?) progress of the land, including the other coaster (Vekoma family boomerang like the one Farup just opened) and the flat rides:

1 hour ago, SharkTums said:

I'm concerned that there's a lot of water yet to be added to this!!??  Don't forget this is the park that almost drowned a boat of TPR members in 2019!!!!

I have no idea what you're talking about, Daniel and I were basically dry in the back!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...

To be fair, it looks like there's a really nice water area/waterfall around the entrance to the ride.  You can see it briefly at the end of the forward POV.  However, the muddy water in all of the trenches is off-putting.  Did they somehow forget to add drainage capabilities?  Whatever the case, this Vekoma coaster looks fun! 

I had friends finally get to Lotte World to be disappointed to find the Aquatrax had all its water pipes removed actually a very long time ago and the water drained so maybe this is actually the world's second aquatrax?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Garet said:

I had friends finally get to Lotte World to be disappointed to find the Aquatrax had all its water pipes removed actually a very long time ago and the water drained so maybe this is actually the world's second aquatrax?

I vote for many more aquatrax so Elissa can continue getting soaked by kids who reach their arm out to create a wake

• Sad 1