TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR Video Thread!

Ah, the good old not-for-me SLC returns. Evil, evil, EVIL!

But, I still found Six Flags Mexico's to be a better ride, from all of those that I'd ridden.

1771767495_ResizeofIMG_1705.JPG.29f8e53889a225ab943cdbd1c3d0d73e.JPG

A nice surprise to ride, a lot of us felt. TPR 2013 Mexico Tour.

Tomorrow should have been Six Flags Great Adventure's Opening Day! I really think this is my favorite Six Flags park in the chain. Great coasters, big park, safari, good operations, sky ride, and Zumanjaro! Jersey Devil will be a really cool addition to the park too, when do we think it will open? I still think it will open sooner than anything at SFMM!

Construction hasn't halted on it, they've got a good bit of track up at this point. Hard to say when the park itself will open based on everything at the moment, but it's looking like when it does, Jersey Devil may open up right along with it!

• 2 months later...
Do you like it more or less than Lightning Rod?

It's a very different ride. Lighting Rod is a true "woodie" and this one is a steel conversion from a woodie. Lightning Rod has no inversions and this one has four, I think? I mean, I like them both quite a bit. I'm not even sure I can choose over the other, but the fact that one of them is in Japan most certainly plays a huge factor!

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, KBrylczyk said:

I really like the idea.  With low-light recording becoming easier thanks to cell phones this is something that you haven't seen much, if at all.  I'd certainly enjoy more!

It really still depends a lot on the coaster.  The newer GoPros do much better in low light, but here still needs to be "some" light.  Take a look at our Steel Dragon 2000 Night POV for a great example of how I wish all coasters were lit up at night to film on!

Great night videos (Steele Dragon 2000 really is beautiful). I love theme parks at night, something magical about them. And the coasters seem bigger, faster, and I feel more alone. Like, the ride is just for me and not a train full of people. 

As you said, as cameras become better in low-light I look forward to seeing more coaster videos like this. 

My wife and I waiting for the front of Millennium Force at night... we still laugh about it how awful it was. Awful because of all the gnats along the track. Hitting a cloud of gnats at 90 MPH at the bottom of the first drop was horrible. And every other low spot was filled with them. We came back laughing at how miserable it was after I promised an incredible night-front-seat experience. That was 5 years ago; we still laugh at it. 

So, as much as I love front seat/night time rides... I'll enjoy them through the screen for a while longer. We ride in the back at night now, just to be safe 😉

18 hours ago, MartinU said:

My wife and I waiting for the front of Millennium Force at night... we still laugh about it how awful it was. Awful because of all the gnats along the track. Hitting a cloud of gnats at 90 MPH at the bottom of the first drop was horrible. And every other low spot was filled with them. We came back laughing at how miserable it was after I promised an incredible night-front-seat experience. That was 5 years ago; we still laugh at it. 

Holy crap, you just brought back 20-year-old memories!  Back in 2000 my dad and I were in line and asked the guy assigning rows for the front row.  He warned us about the bugs without even thinking about it, so we decided to sit in the back, haha.

• Haha 1

Sorry if this is too off-topic but this TPR video got me interested. What happened to this ride? Is it SBNO? Or did it get scrapped? It's a shame there was never another of such a unique ride or that it didn't get relocated.

• 2 months later...