TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Hahaha... alright... WHAT'S IN THE BOX!?

So, a chain link fence against the left side... a chain link fence against the right side.... a straight path to walk down the middle.... -- some green lights... and one scaractor behind the fence on the left side. Note that there were no props to hide behind and it was just a straight path.

That's what was in the box.

Honestly Midway Mayhem was 1/4 the size but at least it wasn't a straight shot through, lol. That one was better! It would fit right in at Six Flags Darien Lake fright fest.

Hahaha... alright... WHAT'S IN THE BOX!?

So, a chain link fence against the left side... a chain link fence against the right side.... a straight path to walk down the middle.... -- some green lights... and one scaractor behind the fence on the left side. Note that there were no props to hide behind and it was just a straight path.

That's what was in the box.

Honestly Midway Mayhem was 1/4 the size but at least it wasn't a straight shot through, lol. That one was better! It would fit right in at Six Flags Darien Lake fright fest.

I recall when I had gone to Halloween Horror at Fantasy Island in October 2017, What's in the Box!? was a walk through attraction in an old transport trailer that was filled with fog, lights, sound effects, and a few scare actors inside. They made you walk in a straight line towards the end of the trailer and a scare actor inside would point towards a small box painted in glow in the dark paint, asking you to open it. Once you opened it, you were able to leave. It was kind of odd as there was nothing in the small box that the scare actor was holding. lol It sounds like the experience had been downgraded since its inaugural year! Definitely an interesting attraction nonetheless! Too bad the park is now closed but at least I have some great memories!

You know you're in the SFDL thread when someone posts about them building a freezer LOL.

It's a 6000 square foot storage building.

http://cms.revize.com/revize/geneseecountynew/Planning/T-01-DAR-2-20.pdf

Thanks for the update, cant wait!

This is big news, guys. The storage building is obviously to house the remains of 'Cuda Falls and Batman the Escape.

So what rides at Fantasy Island DL would be smart to purchase?

Probably none. I don't see any major parks or chains picking up too many of these rides at all to be honest. Maybe 1 or 2.. But I would be shocked if a single ride from this park ends up at DL or any six flags park.

I fully expect some FEC's or maybe a park like Alabama Adventure being the place rides from these closing parks end up.

• 2 weeks later...

Apex is now giving refunds for Fantasy Island season passholders, you have to go to the website to get a refund. If you have a pass, please take the necessary steps to get your refund. I think this means that the park is completely done and will never reopen.

Does any one know if the main base/arm pieces for UFO and Ranger were scrapped with Batman the Escape coaster? I find it interesting that they are building a new cold storage building and now I can't see these pieces in the storage yard and wondered if they got moved into the current storage area and the new building will help hold whatever gets displaced by those pieces coming inside when the season ends. I still see the main boat for Ranger but the cabins for UFO are gone as well. I thought someone mentioned why Darien lake keeps these old rides disassembled in storage for so many years but it was a while back and I forget exactly what it was. I don't know, I guess I'm clinging on to the hope that UFO will come back one day. Always wondered if they could get a company like Chance rides to do a upgrade/refurb since I bet the patent on UFO is over, and it is such a unique ride. I mean I'm willing to bet the closure of it was due to that fact that parts must have been an expensive pain to get from HUSS, but if Chance were to retrofit the ride with new hardware it could come back and not be a total maintenance nightmare?

(In the bottom picture, to the top right just below the road you can see the white are and base of UFO and next to it sat the cabins. Over the years Ranger was added next to it and the two sat side by side for a couple years until just recently as seen in the top picture.)

storage2.thumb.PNG.20cf7e12ccf8b658ad92646ab04089fa.PNG

storage.thumb.PNG.dcb4df4381a8aa9d7b744011ea90e5fc.PNG

Yeah, my bad I meant it about the HUSS models. You see the smaller versions here and there but I think there were only ever 2 of the HUSS models in the States. Was a great ride though, I can't do the spinning rides like I used to but the UFO never bothered me. I always thought it be great to put in the spot occupied by Lasso, next to Blaster Off, and move Lasso back by the Silver bullet / rock wall area. I was just wondering if anyone knew if it's been scrapped or if they still have it in storage.

• 2 weeks later...