TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

This is a bit interesting: RCDB lists this miler as headed to old town: https://rcdb.com/17758.htm

I wonder whether they heard it was going to be erected in old town or if it’s just being temporarily stored there and is being listed as such?

For some reason, Fun Spot had it stored at the Atlanta park when they purchased it from Wild Adventures. Originally, it was thought they would erect it at the Atlanta park, and move Scream'n Eagle to the KIssimmee park. That's what was stated on RCDB before this update. However, they are not doing that. Last minute change? Perhaps. I thought it odd for them to have sent it to the Atlanta park for storage, since Kissimmee is the other direction and had to pass right by Valdosta again (which is why I think it may have been a last minute change.)

The Kissimmee park has been teasing the construction of the coaster on their various social media outlets the past couple of weeks. Here is the latest one posted today:

72411193_10158867820291978_8380171803762360320_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQkmbR1iUEjJP1PCy7QmwiOwO8aISRfaNl9p3UMRSY71cR4OO2npQARsBgn94Uyj7BR9ZP9MNjC8LhmuSUARikEl&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=760c0c37f679e168b60d423a3d073077&oe=5E17F1C5

Too bad it's not erected already. I'll be there Saturday...lol

I've always wanted to ride one of these large milers, since it looks like they can give solid air on the drops.

The only one of these I’ve been on was Jack Rabbit at Celebration City. . . It gave CRAZY awesome airtime. . . but would sure beat you up.

I've always wanted to ride one of these large milers, since it looks like they can give solid air on the drops.

The only one of these I’ve been on was Jack Rabbit at Celebration City. . . It gave CRAZY awesome airtime. . . but would sure beat you up.

This is Jack Rabbit that was originally at Celebration City, and then at Wild Adventures. I'm here at the Kissimmee park and it is that one. They are currently repainting/touching up right now as I type this.

Here are 2 pics. I was not in any restricted areas. I was on the proper side of fences and caution tape (in case anyone questions).

20191012_140340.thumb.jpg.a3cd7e17392d2851f11257be5135eca1.jpg

20191012_140356.thumb.jpg.6cba794cc96a240623ce880e2390193a.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey so update...

We were in Orlando last week and stopped by this place after a day at Disney. We honestly weren't really in the mood to ride it after spending 4 days walking around parks and Disney World seemed like a tough act to follow but we were looking for some fast food since it was late, literally passed it anyway and decided to bite the bullet and ride it since we were right there. We parked in the back and were in and out in 10 minutes. The coaster wasn't running (or even turned on) and had no ride op but someone walked over and turned it on for us.

Anyway, I actually liked it a lot better than the similar-looking ride in Atlanta. Every transition is stupid but not rough and if you're a fan of the jankiness of Fun Spot this will fit right in. In a way I kind of like it BECAUSE of what a piece of sh*t it is. Don't go out of your way but if you're in the area go and ride it once. You'll have a good time. The ride ops are also over-the-top proud of the thing, telling us how it just opened and enthusiastically asking us what we thought when er got back to the station. We told them it was amazing.

Old Town is so f*cking weird.

Every transition is stupid but not rough and if you're a fan of the jankiness of Fun Spot this will fit right in. In a way I kind of like it BECAUSE of what a piece of sh*t it is. Don't go out of your way but if you're in the area go and ride it once. You'll have a good time.

I can second this, since it used to be in my area and I rode it once. Celebration City was always proud of it too, and I get why. For a cheap ride, it isn't completely awful.

I hadn't ridden it since it opened at FS, but loved it at Wild Adventures. It's a fun re-rideable ride, to me. No, it's not the biggest or best ride out there, but I love that it was put somewhere I can go ride it when I'm in the area to go to SeaWorld.

Hey so update...

We were in Orlando last week and stopped by this place after a day at Disney. We honestly weren't really in the mood to ride it after spending 4 days walking around parks and Disney World seemed like a tough act to follow but we were looking for some fast food since it was late, literally passed it anyway and decided to bite the bullet and ride it since we were right there. We parked in the back and were in and out in 10 minutes. The coaster wasn't running (or even turned on) and had no ride op but someone walked over and turned it on for us.

Anyway, I actually liked it a lot better than the similar-looking ride in Atlanta. Every transition is stupid but not rough and if you're a fan of the jankiness of Fun Spot this will fit right in. In a way I kind of like it BECAUSE of what a piece of sh*t it is. Don't go out of your way but if you're in the area go and ride it once. You'll have a good time. The ride ops are also over-the-top proud of the thing, telling us how it just opened and enthusiastically asking us what we thought when er got back to the station. We told them it was amazing.

Old Town is so f*cking weird.

I agree the jankiness of it helped the ride, except for the second turn. That second turn was brutal!

But the rest of the ride had some good airtime and laterals on the turns that were way too tight.

Also in my 2017 and 2018 visits, I didn't find Mine Blower rough. It shuffled, but I found it plenty reridable. On my visit a few weeks ago, I thought it was running considerably rougher. Has anyone else noticed that?

I know people have called the ride rough from day 1, but I would defend it until my most recent rides. I still love the coaster's aggressive layout, but I did get a headache after a few rides. Meanwhile I could and did marathon Hurricane.

Agreed, rode Mineblower last August, had a great time, but it was rather rough. The airtime, laterals, and overall intensity were still there, and I have no regrets, but it was running rougher than I excepted.

Also in my 2017 and 2018 visits, I didn't find Mine Blower rough. It shuffled, but I found it plenty reridable. On my visit a few weeks ago, I thought it was running considerably rougher. Has anyone else noticed that?

I know people have called the ride rough from day 1, but I would defend it until my most recent rides. I still love the coaster's aggressive layout, but I did get a headache after a few rides. Meanwhile I could and did marathon Hurricane.

I'm one of those day one people, I think Mine Blower is a hot mess and I ride it on average once every few months, and only once. The layout is masterful but they really need to do something about those valleys.

• 1 month later...