Photo TR: Zach's October with TPR in Japan!

USJ + HHN Full Day! Just updated 3.27.20
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Re: Photo TR: Zach's October with TPR in Japan!

Postby tuxedomask5432 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:07 am

I’m dying to go to Japan and Fuji-Q. I’m glad you had an excellent time here! I just watched a video on YouTube where someone talked about Fujiyama somewhat negatively, but they too had a middle row seat. The back is definitely where it’s at. That is a bucket list coaster for me, along with the other three headlining attractions.

Also love they had the front car of Moonsault Scramble out on display. That was a ride that caught my attention at a young age. 6.5 Gs?!? That seems physically impossible.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby grsupercity » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:55 am

Seems like a great park. Those S&S high power air launches scare the death out of me lol
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:21 pm

Hey everyone, hope the week is going well!

Thursday, October 10th!

You would think most of us would be pretty wiped out from a loooong day at Fuji Q (up at 4am-bed at 11ish, all well worth it) but were brimming with excitement since we were getting on the Shinkansen for the first time this trip. Osaka is the destination for Universal Studios Japan.

Oh, and there’s potentially a massive typhoon headed to Osaka, too! Robb and Elissa did an incredible job keeping us up to date on how to a) stay safe b) best use our time c) predict how Universal will react. We were all patient and I think everyone had a great plan of attack.Our group, who had never been to Universal Japan before, decided to buy an evening ticket for Thursday night just in case Universal decided to close early on Friday (the storm was either going to hit Friday evening or Saturday). While I was bummed to lose a half day of just exploring Osaka doing non park stuff, I was way more excited with the opportunity for more time at Universal and more HHN!

FIRST! We were set up so well by R&E. When we arrived at the fantastic Universal hotel, our rooms were not going to be ready for a couple hours. It was lunch time so that gave us the chance to get something to eat and more importantly… get typhoon rations! Just in case we lost power/weren’t able to find stores open when the storm hit. We were going to be ready for a day inside the hotel all day. There was a grocery store, 7/11, Family Mart/Lawson right there in the Universal City Walk area so it was incredibly easy to stock up on the necessities!

After we got our rations, hotel rooms were ready, and we did a little sampling of our rations to try some fun new snacks, sake, whiskey, beer, and more for happy hour before going into the park! When I say we, it’s Alex, Allison, Jon, bert, William, and we had David and Tabatha with us here and there so it was a solid group!

We didn’t have too much of a plan, but we agreed we’d try to get on Flying Dino if we could (since our express pass was later in the day Friday…so if the park closed early we’d pretty much have to eat the cost) do a haunt or two, and just soak in the atmosphere. Here’s how it went! Bert I threw a couple of your photos in here, too. I’ll give more of a breakdown on the rides/haunts in the next full day update.
-Zach
20191010_140256.jpg
Shinkansen time! Let's get out of Tokyo and go to Osaka!
20191010_140301.jpg
So many delicious bento options... all right in the train station. So convenient!
20191010_074806.jpg
It's pretty similar to the look and feel of an airplane, but more comfortable =.
20191010_085620.jpg
No bento for me since we had breakfast, but I tried to pick a random drink or snack whenever I had the opportunity. These were similar to fig newtons, but apricot flavor and wrapped in a kitkat wafer.
20191010_114647.jpg
Studying up on our express passes! Really not that difficult once to understand, but unnecessarily difficult in general haha. Thankfully taking a picture of them worked and still scanned so we didn't need to be carrying around newspapers with us.
20191010_154615.jpg
Alex or Allison's chocolate. Not pictured: Sake and beer, haha.
IMG_20191010_154734_630.jpg
TYPHOON HAGIBIS RATIONS! All the necessities. Spicy beef...cheetos... sweet potato sticks, Chicken ramen snacks, and some good 'ol Suntory Whiskey!
4b605206ee3a7d98137330014f4f8a94.0.jpg
Okay okay let's not eat and drink all of our rations let's get over to the park!
20191010_172332.jpg
Hogwarts time! It was kinda of weird experiencing one without Diagon Alley. It definitely feels like it's lacking as far as attractions go, but it's definitely a better Hogsmeade than Orlando because it's more secluded and the black lake is cool, too.
389f43c229617b35d9aec98d50916b67.0.jpg
They were also having us do this peek-a-boo "SCARY....SURPRISE!" thing which was just so funny given the language barrier.
04c72bbab6baee8bcf25c90ad0700204.0.jpg
Universal Japan is amazing for many reasons, but one big highlight was were those who staffed the place! Our friend here saw me with a beer in line and was having fun with making sure I finished my beer before the ride, haha.
20191010_172440.jpg
It feels like there is something missing here..
20191010_172901.jpg
Butterbeer! The only non alcoholic beverage I had this evening, haha.
20191010_172915.jpg
I'm weird I like the regular vs frozen.
20191010_173417.jpg
It's just as fantastic as the Orlando version! Such a great ride and it was fun to ride with some that had never experienced it before.
20191010_181534.jpg
At night it looks even more stunning!
20191010_181535.jpg
Beautiful day... we were still in shirt + shorts mode in October. Amazing!
20191010_181547.jpg
My 2018 trip to Universal Orlando made me a Potter fan, so during 2019 pre-Japan I read the books. I'm a real fan now so time to celebrate!
20191010_182348.jpg
I found my way to the source!
20191010_182522.jpg
The classic red ale they sell in the other parks and.... a Suntory High Ball!
20191010_185622.jpg
Making our way around to Jurassic Park.
20191010_185650.jpg
The beautiful bridge in the background over the Aji river lets you know you're not in Florida or Orlando!
20191010_190046.jpg
This was my first time riding JP with a working T-Rex finale....EPIC!
fa2c0af28bbd6d091b7626edef5eee57.0.jpg
Can you tell who the theme park enthusiasts are?
20191010_192211.jpg
This is an unacceptable amount of wetness and pressure on my skull.
20191010_195857.jpg
Chucky was posting a 15 minute wait so it would be our first HHN maze! It was fantastic with so many incredible costumes, well done sets, and unique characters. Don't miss it!
20191010_192823.jpg
Looking across the pond in the middle of the park. Such a great looking Universal!
20191010_204714.jpg
It's time for our first coaster at USJ! Space Fantasy - Black Hole HHN version
20191010_203719.jpg
You have a mysterious scientist who's sick of all these zombies. Zombies are boring and overdone!
20191010_203742.jpg
Here you are, nice and comfy ready for space.
20191010_203749.jpg
Sorry your space flight is delayed, so let's go all Animal Crossing and go fishing?
20191010_203800.jpg
Fishing for monsters!!! With zombies as bait!!! YES!! You lure the real spooky monsters out of a different dimension andddd....when you exit the ride into the park boom you see all the HHN monsters walking around. You successfully reeled in them big monsters, well done Chip.
20191010_204857.jpg
By this point we were getting some good news about the weather so we called it a night. We didn't do Hollywood Dream or Dino due to long lines and no express pass, we were going to save all those for the next day.
20191010_212801.jpg
551 HORAI post-USJ party! Fuuuck so delicious... the shimp shumai turned out to be my favorite!
20191010_211953.jpg
The much sought after beer vending machine...ahhh Japan <3. Next update will be the full day at USJ!
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:39 pm

such a wonderful update, and brings back great memories.

you got some really good pics, too. How did I miss those Butterbeer barrels? :)

and now I want Shumai, and some of those buns again
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:35 pm

551...ugh...WANT!!!

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:38 pm

bert425 wrote:such a wonderful update, and brings back great memories.

you got some really good pics, too. How did I miss those Butterbeer barrels? :)

and now I want Shumai, and some of those buns again

I can't remember if you went into the Hog's Head, but that's where that shot is from. It was a sectioned off area attached to the Three Broomsticks where we had lunch. It was in the same building but dark and off to the side, haha. The hog's head blinks and snorts and moves around. Next time!
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby grsupercity » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:51 pm

I am such a picky eater. It would take me a while to adjust to the food offerings in Japan. Loving the report so far
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:19 am

grsupercity wrote:I am such a picky eater. It would take me a while to adjust to the food offerings in Japan. Loving the report so far

I used to be a SUPER picky eater and I still did great in Japan with all of their snack foods, rice, and american offerings. Now that I'm slightly less picky I have even more fun eating over there! Don't let that aspect freak you out at all, you'll be fine!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:36 am

Tokyo Baseball was in playoff mode, but there was no baseball today. Ask Jew/Joey about his experience going to a game! He'll tell you about all of the wrong decisions I've made!

Playoff Japanese baseball where beer is delivered to your seat via keg backpacks > Fuji Q.

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:47 pm

Jew wrote:
Tokyo Baseball was in playoff mode, but there was no baseball today. Ask Jew/Joey about his experience going to a game! He'll tell you about all of the wrong decisions I've made!

Playoff Japanese baseball where beer is delivered to your seat via keg backpacks > Fuji Q.

So reliable :lol: I knew you'd come through!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!