TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Alright, lrod67 is 13 and brand new.

lrod67, can you elaborate please. Are you asking us? If so I really liked the "Mother Africa" show that came in for Festival of Nations a few years ago as well as the Christmas Carol show with the Dolly hologram. That said, I've never seen a bad show there.

:lol: Alright, lrod67 is 13 and brand new.

lrod67, can you elaborate please. Are you asking us? If so I really liked the "Mother Africa" show that came in for Festival of Nations a few years ago as well as the Christmas Carol show with the Dolly hologram. That said, I've never seen a bad show there.

IM am so sorry I meant to put a ? After IM so sorry . My favorite show at dollywood would be shakonohey.

June doesn't seem likely. I'll prob be going in May. Will try for a weekday. I assume it'll be quiet.

I will also be doing Gatlinburg, I hear there are alpine coasters nearby? If so, any recs for the best one? I've never done one.

Also open to ideas for what to do in Knoxville!

June doesn't seem likely. I'll prob be going in May. Will try for a weekday. I assume it'll be quiet.

I will also be doing Gatlinburg, I hear there are alpine coasters nearby? If so, any recs for the best one? I've never done one.

I've never been to Knoxville. but if you have a free day in Gatlinburg go over the Smokey to Cherokee NC its a nice drive and takes about an hour, and has a few places to stop and look at the mountains. it has two visitors centers Sugarland's about 5 miles outside Gatlinburg, and Oconaluftee outside of Cherokee. also if your coming from North Carolina into Tennessee there is a exist you can get off to do that if you want it on a travel day, or just go on the parkway.

I still like the Goat Coaster best but haven't tried the single rail at Anakeesta yet.

All are good though (except Ober Gatlinburg is too short for the price).

Oh and I haven't tries the new one on Veterans, near Dollywood, Rocky Top. Supposed go be the longest and has tunnels, but the video looks like 4 long lifts with short runs between them. Oh, and full stop brake runs before the 3 mid course lifts.

Think I'll pass on it.

So Goat Coaster and Smokey Mtn, both in PF on 321. And Gatlinburg and Rowdy Bear in Gatlinburg. Maybe Rail Runner at Anakeesta.

The one at Anakeesta is easily my favorite in the area. It has no banking on the turns and some super steep drops. Anakeesta does require more of a time commitment since you need to take a tram atop a hill, but I think it's worth it for both the ride and the views.

Anakeesta does require more of a time commitment since you need to take a tram atop a hill, but I think it's worth it for both the ride and the views.

Not to mention the added cost just to get in (much like Ober).

The single rail matches the first one I ever saw video of, Mieders Alpine Coaster.

So I expect it to be a new favorite once I get on it.

Thanks all. I will deff be in Gatlinburg, and also taken a day to check out Great Smoky Mnt Park. Ofc a day in Dollywood (a May weekday surely will be dead) Knoxville is low priority really I'kk just be there for the day before my flight leaves. The trip will be for DW, Gatlinburg and the scenery.

If you like history of cities, the sunsphere would be a fun thing to check out. Gay St is the main strip downtown. Lots of food on Cumberland. Almost everyone wears orange and white on Saturdays in support of the vols. I havent been to the area in about 3 years so im sure the construction on cumberland is finished by now. one would hope. hope you have a fun time! I used to woork at the holiday inn and had my cigarette breaks right next to the sunsphere, its pretty cool.

ok I was trying to tell my friend about Dollywood. he might come up with me over my spring break and I need help convincing him to come with me he has never been so tired to describe it. I described Dollywood very poorly any notes to add for making it better?

ok I was trying to tell my friend about Dollywood. he might come up with me over my spring break and I need help convincing him to come with me he has never been so tired to describe it. I described Dollywood very poorly any notes to add for making it better?

How about sharing some YouTube videos?

ok I was trying to tell my friend about Dollywood. he might come up with me over my spring break and I need help convincing him to come with me he has never been

Is he a coaster fan?

Mention the awards DW's coaters have received

and the ride videos mentioned earlier.

What parks does he like? What coasters? Other rides?

Anybody know if all the flooding affected Dollywood? Sure was making me nervous watching the Gatlingburg and Pigeon Forge youtube videos ( i love yankeeinthesouth's channel). I'm thinking the whole time, oh my is Dollywood getting damaged!

There wasn't any public reports of flooding so I would assume the park was fine. The creek that was shown in the video nearly overtopping in Gatlinburg had subsided to normal levels when we were in the area Saturday morning. So close call but everything looks like it made it through unscathed.

• 2 weeks later...