TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

• 4 weeks later...

^^I think the terraced design was done more so to make the show building look less blocky and help emphasize the notion that thematically, the city was rising from the sea. The only water features on the exterior of the building that I know of are the two waterfalls on either side of the arch leading into the lift hill that takes you back into the building for the final drop.

^ I agree. I don't notice them during the ride, but they really slow the dispatch speed.

I have nightmares getting in and out of those Premier trains. Especially the back row of the cars where there's no room beneath the seat due to that metal plate.

I have nightmares getting in and out of those Premier trains. Especially the back row of the cars where there's no room beneath the seat due to that metal plate.

Tigris and Tempesto were my first Premier launched coasters with the comfort collars, and I was surprised at how inconvenient they were for the load/unload process... Not to mention how narrow the foot-space is when trying to get in and out of the seat. The rides are quite fun, except for this part of the experience.

Premier's trains are just about the worst in the business at the moment, but these at least look quite pretty, especially as they don't have those ugly shield things on the side (yet?). Maybe it's like Stockholm Syndrome where I've seen so many of their trains lately I'm starting to fall in love.

What's especially funny about the collars on this ride is that it doesn't even invert at all.

That's exactly what baffles me. I feel like for this ride, they don't even need the shin guards either (except for the front seats of each car).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice photos! Kraken was my original #1 coaster starting in 2001 once I began to travel to parks outside my home base of Southern California. At that time it was the smoothest coaster I could remember riding although it's roughened a bit with age. My tastes in coasters have changed a lot since then but Kraken is still my favorite floorless and will always have a spot in my "sentimental top 10."