TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Question here. How windy does it have to be for the rides to shut down? I noticed it may be slightly windy next week when I decide to go.

The first rides to shut down in high winds are X2, Lex Luthor, and Superman. Most rides should operate unless it is incredibly, abnormally windy.

Are there any decent places to eat inside the park?

My favorite location to sit down and eat is in Food etc. (to the left of Goliath's entrance). Lots of seating, climate controlled, and spacious. Some of the booths on the bottom level can be pretty gross and outdated though. This place includes nachos, tacos, Greek food, and I believe sushi as well. However, my favorite food in the park isn't necessarily located there. I really like the sandwiches at Twisted Witches down near Twisted Colossus, and the BBQ place near Riddler's Revenge and Tidal Wave is also quite good (I believe it's called Ace of Clubs). Although apparently all the seating has been ripped up due to the mysterious construction, so perhaps that restaurant is closed entirely, and if not, there is definitely limited seating there now.

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention that there are several new food options in the WCR area, but I have not tried them yet. I rode WCR during it's technical rehearsal when the food facilities weren't open yet.

Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll try food etc. today. It was packed pretty much all day yesterday. I ended up eating at Carlini’s pizza and it was really good for amusement park pizza. That cheese bread was really good too!! Also think I’m going to try the burgers at Katy’s kettle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ The loaded baked potatoes at Katy’s Kettle are good, too. They have a chili cheese potato and a chicken bacon ranch potato, and they’re both pretty tasty. They’re both on the dining plan, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a few questions for the locals. I'm taking my son to the park for the first time this Friday. How will the crowds be? Also, will some rides be down since it's a weekday. Any other advice will be welcomed!

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It should be dead with schools in session.

I'm excited to check out SFMM during a totally dead day next week. My spring break falls obnoxiously early this year (it's March 2-6), which is kind of annoying for some reasons (shorter operating hours at parks), but it will be a total ghost town at both Knott's and SFMM and I am looking forward to marathoning rides like crazy.

Maybe it's because I grew up (and live) in the west, but I would gladly take desert heat over the gross, humid, swampy, sticky heat in the east. I had a couple days at Cedar Point and Carowinds that were in the 90s but felt WAY worse due to the humidity. It had me wishing I was back out west in the ultra-dry heat. You can actually sweat and cool off when it's dry!

Maybe it's because I grew up (and live) in the west, but I would gladly take desert heat over the gross, humid, swampy, sticky heat in the east. I had a couple days at Cedar Point and Carowinds that were in the 90s but felt WAY worse due to the humidity. It had me wishing I was back out west in the ultra-dry heat. You can actually sweat and cool off when it's dry!

Same. 105-degree desert heat is more bearable to me than the 85-degree, sticky, humid heat I experienced at Cedar Point a couple of years ago.

If I'm looking for fish or other non-meat items today, is my best bet Food etc?

Food Etc. is a good option, but there are a few others, as well. Inside Food Etc., there is a Mexican place where you could get a salad or a cheese quesadilla. Across the midway from Food Etc. is a fish and chips place (which used to be inside Food Etc).

Across from Full Throttle is a Go Fresh Cafe, where I believe everything they sell is either vegetarian or vegan.

Back by Gold Rusher, there is a black bean burger restaurant and a pizza place.

If I'm looking for fish or other non-meat items today, is my best bet Food etc?

They have a number of veggie options, one of which is at the Full Throttle Sports Bar (or whatever it's called). Ultimately, it's still all theme park food, but they do have a better selection of "healthy" food than some of the other parks I've visited.

Thanks everyone! I'll keep an eye out if I see something that looks palatable with my dining plan, but I'll be ready to have a big meal after.

It's Six Flags. if you want something without any actual meat in it you could probably just order a cheeseburger.

That's entirely fair. I think this is the first time I've gone to a theme park on a Friday during Lent so I've never had this issue before.

105-degree desert heat is more bearable to me than the 85-degree, sticky, humid heat I experienced at Cedar Point a couple of years ago.

I agree. We went to Texas in the summer a couple years ago and the humidity was unbearable, felt difficult to breathe at times. I'll take California dry heat any day.