TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see an open date. My son and I are taking quick little coaster trip over Spring Break but have a limited set of days we can be there. Flying into San Antonio on Sat 3/14. We will go to Fiesta on Sun and then have a day to sightsee and head up to Dallas (via a quick stop at ZDT's) and go to Over Texas on Wed. Fly home on Thurs 3/19.

Which means we only have Sat night that we get in to stop at Seaworld. Our plane is due in at 2:50 and we will grab our car and go straight there....hoping with a fastpass we can get on everything by closing at 9. It might sound crazy but it's our only shot so we are going for it! Now I just gotta hope for no weird airport delays.

^ If your focus is the coasters, you should have plenty of time. The only wrinkle would be Texas Stingray if it isn't on the Quick Queue like some of the newer Busch/SeaWorld rides.

I figured as much. If necessary Mom is willing to stand in line for Stingray while the boy rides some of the other coasters and gets his count up. The things we do for kids!

No, I would ride too, if that's what you are asking. Never really seen anyone have a problem when 1 person joins their party in line; not that we do that on a regular basis. But I will keep that in mind if it's a problem for people, don't want to get the masses angry.

^ If your focus is the coasters, you should have plenty of time. The only wrinkle would be Texas Stingray if it isn't on the Quick Queue like some of the newer Busch/SeaWorld rides.

I figured as much. If necessary Mom is willing to stand in line for Stingray while the boy rides some of the other coasters and gets his count up. The things we do for kids!

Texas Stingray is definitely not available on Quick Queue Unlimited. They "might" sell one time quick queues for it, as they did so with other additions at SWO & BGT in recent years, but that would only be available to buy the day your're there if offered.

tsqqu.thumb.JPG.38981d342966a809a7cb8d6278355aba.JPG

No, I would ride too, if that's what you are asking. Never really seen anyone have a problem when 1 person joins their party in line; not that we do that on a regular basis. But I will keep that in mind if it's a problem for people, don't want to get the masses angry.

While you may not see it from your experience, I've seen fights start at both SW Orlando and BGT in the line because people wanted to "catch up to their party." That practice is highly frowned upon and is considered line jumping, unless you get permission from a ride attendant for an exception. People in the SW & BG pass member groups I'm in are constantly in an uproar about this issue.

^^ That is considered line jumping. If you cant be bothered to wait in line there are options to buy a pass so you don't wait(maybe not an option for this ride) or wait just like everyone else. Most people get annoyed with people "catching up to their group". You are stuck in a tight space with often obnoxious and poorly smelling folks only to have someone bump into you and say excuse me coming from someone who gives off the perception of "hey I am more important than you so please let me by". 1 person may not be a big deal but you are 1 of many more who do that. I see it more as a respect thing, they have a system that is in place and no one should a above it. As far as I know the acceptable options for leaving the line and shoe horning your way back up front is restroom break and to get water. If anyone thinks I am off base here let me know; I am always interested in other people's opinions and maybe you can enlighten me if I am wrong

• 2 weeks later...
Did TPR attend the opening of Texas Sting Ray? I was hoping to see some reviews on here

per the twitter feed, yes.

and they said they got some great footage - I suspect it's being edited and will be up soon.

Ok, ok I get it, didn't mean to start a war over line jumping with an off hand (and perhaps not well thought out comment) let's just move on. The original point to my post was about being able to get through the coasters if we only were in the park the last 4-5 hours. It seems the consensus is yes, easily with quick queue but keep your eye on the new coaster, as usual. It does look like a fun little coaster.

Apparently there are construction walls up at the park advertising something big coming in 2021. They have dammed up some water from the lake and begun ground work. Does anyone who went this weekend have photos?

If this is another large coaster, my goodness. The SeaWorld chain is officially losing their minds.