SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 641: Scheduled to Reopen June 11
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:22 am

I'll probably make a trip in January sometime so I'm excited to see the new show but honestly One Ocean was so unimpressive to me after Believe that I don't really care what they end up offering. As long as they have the whales do practically anything it'll be good enough for me to stop by once a trip.

Postby coasterbill » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:28 am

I felt like after the first song, One Ocean could sometimes lag until the splash segment. They kept the first segment and the splash segment and filled the weird, dead space in between with interesting facts about whales, husbandry behaviors and some interactive segments involving a member of the audience. I actually like this better.

There were definitely some times between those segments in One Ocean where I was sitting there wondering “WTF are they even doing right now?”
Last edited by coasterbill on Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:33 am.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:18 pm

SeaWorld Orlando is attempting to keep their park rating over 700 by using their infinite money to build yet another attraction for 2021. No real confirmation as to what it is yet, but some sites and individuals are speculating that it will be a B&M wing coaster built in and around the pathway between the entrance and Bayside Stadium.
Screenshot (15).png
Public permit info
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:40 pm

I would usually say that's crazy, but given what SeaWorld is doing lately... I find that completely possible and predictable!
Steel: 197 / Wood: 33 / Total: 230
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby BintamiM » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:46 pm

I worry that they are spending so much money on rides and not giving time to recover that money. It's giving me early 2000s six flags flashbacks. But who knows maybe they are finding ways to make more money this way. Just hope it is not another b&m SeaWorld Orlando could use more family friendly roller coasters. There big 3 b&m almost never have a line whereas the other rides always do (except wild arctic)

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:34 pm

Whether it will play out well in the long run or not, it is still exciting to see the chain add so many new coasters lately (and in the coming future). I was barely a person when the Six Flags coaster craze of 1999/2000 was happening, so I'm glad I get to witness another similar "coaster boom"!

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:52 am

BintamiM wrote:There big 3 b&m almost never have a line whereas the other rides always do (except wild arctic)

We can't forget B&M coasters are capacity monsters and all of theirs have 3 trains. Now, I know they don't run all three trains on all 3 of their coasters but it has the capacity to make it so you don't experience a line.

I wouldn't say they are adding a lot of coasters. Over the last 10 years, they have only added 2 coasters and overall the average between coaster additions is aprox 4 and a half years so until we start seeing Energylandia level of additions then I think we can worry lol.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby WolfBobs » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:59 am

Planning a 2021 Orlando trip when my nephews band performs at Disney. This is excellent news if this turns out to be another new coaster!

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:11 am

I love SeaWorld and if they add a B&M Wing coaster to their existing lineup for 2021 I can almost guarantee you that I'll renew my Annual Pass. We have so much fun at that park on every trip so I'll take any excuse to go back in the future.

Also, adding an attraction in that area of the park is interesting, during the festivals SeaWorld hosts, which are pretty much year round at this point, that area is really nice but having a wing coaster in the area to interact with would really liven it up even more on a permanent basis. Pretty exciting project if it happens.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:27 pm

jarmor wrote:I wouldn't say they are adding a lot of coasters. Over the last 10 years, they have only added 2 coasters and overall the average between coaster additions is aprox 4 and a half years so until we start seeing Energylandia level of additions then I think we can worry lol.

We are talking about the SeaWorld chain as a whole, not specifically SWO. Or at least, that's what I was talking about.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!