Universal Studios Japan (USJ) Discussion Thread

P. 100: Super Nintendo World details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Universal Studios Japan (USJ) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:25 pm

^I was thinking the same thing... While the app integration and the interactivity with the land looks really cool, all I can think of is the "Magical Tracking Band" joke that an entire year of Bill & Ted was centered around.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:59 pm

SharkTums wrote:How many years did Universal actively make fun of Disney for the Magic Bands?! Like every Bill and Ted show ever!?

I remember sitting through one of those shows and thinking about how I had to spend more on HHN Express Passes than I did on admission. My conclusion: Maybe you clowns should quit making fun of Magic Bands.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:09 pm

This thing is going to be practically bursting with screens so everyone should just prepare for that now, but it looks like it has the potential to be a lot of fun. Since they're reading bands now they should have some fun and hurl red shells at everyone riding the attraction with a magic band instead of whatever-the-f*ck this thing is. If the ride sucks can we call them tragic bands?
Last edited by coasterbill on Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:10 pm.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:46 pm

Apart from them showing the wrist bands, it was just one big music video. To me. :|
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:47 pm

Cool, so not only will there be a party of 16 people walking side-by-side all Wizard of Oz style, but now they're going to be looking at their phones the whole time. Sounds super fun!

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:00 pm

This takes the cake for the Icarus Award. The ambition was there, but they are probably going to get burnt.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:41 pm

I am cautiously optimistic given Universal does have experience with interactive stuff with the Potter wands. I imagine this will be something similar where the bands can trigger simple practical effects in the land in addition to whatever they do in the app.

Postby bert425 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:59 pm

it looks impressive, but as I'm not really a gamer (and when I do play, it's always Sega, not Nintendo - yes, I've never played a "Mario" game, unless you count his appearances in "Donkey Kong").

but then again, i'm not a huge Harry Potter fan, and I was blown away by the Forbidden Journey ride. So I'm willing to keep an open mind, and enjoy whatever attractions they put in at least once.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby tuxedomask5432 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:25 am

I'm not sure how I feel about APP integration with theme park attractions. When I was at Galaxy's edge, I used the data pad all of 6 minutes before I realized I was missing all the cool theming of the land itself! So I put it away and never took it back out. Too many people are addicted to their phones enough as it is, and its kinda silly to be at an expensive theme park you paid for with your nose in the phone.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:54 pm

I look at app integration as a fun distraction while waiting in line for something and a new way to engage annual pass holders, who visit frequently enough that they don't care about the details as much since they've seen them all.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!