TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I am thinking about visiting the park in a few weeks. Are there any upcoming BAFF days in January that I should be worried about?

Just checked my Six Flags app and I don’t seem to have any BAFF days listed on my pass for now. I don’t know how soon they send them out but maybe once Holiday in the Park ends (today) they will announce some in the next passholder email.

Is West Coast Racers one-time only on Flash Pass? The Flash Pass site doesn't show the ride yet (assuming it's on Flash Pass).

Yes, it's one time res on the more expensive pass only. They were doing flash pass on it up through this weekend. The ride was closed yesterday, and today they are doing media day, and they have the whole underground area blocked off from guests.

Is West Coast Racers one-time only on Flash Pass? The Flash Pass site doesn't show the ride yet (assuming it's on Flash Pass).

Yes, it's one time res on the more expensive pass only. They were doing flash pass on it up through this weekend. The ride was closed yesterday, and today they are doing media day, and they have the whole underground area blocked off from guests.

Thanks! It'll be interesting if it's allowed with the Diamond Elite skip-the-line passes as well.

I rode WCR a few weeks ago, and it is a great ride.

It’ll probably bring in some crowds these next few weeks (at least on weekends) - which made me ponder today... (I’ll put the crack pipe down in a second, but hear me out first.) [emoji23]

What if the park purposely delayed WCR’s opening until now to try to bring in crowds during what is typically their slowest time of the year? [emoji848] Maybe this was planned all along and they aren’t as inept as we thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a great ride. I would also like to add that the comfort collars are very unnoticeable and hardly affect the ride experience. They really only make the train even more cumbersome to enter/exit than it already is. However, I went on a very cold day and was dressed in many layers, so I had some extra padding around my neck...

I thought they were much more noticeable on Electric Eel though. Are the ones on WCR an updated design?

I went to the West Coast Racers media day. We've finally made it! I got up way too early to make the commute to SFMM. Media day for use started just after sunrise. There was a lot of waiting around for all the TV stations' broadcasts. I'm in Las Vegas now and need to get home to check them all out since I recorded most all of them. haha.

Anyway, after some time it was my turn to ride. I rode a few more times in different seats and I think at least for now, my favorite is the front row. It's too bad they cut out the reverse POV going into the "high five". That's probably the most violent part of the ride as your thrown into the comfort collars.

The ride is loads of fun, and I'm sure to be a huge hit. Finally the 9th is upon us, and everyone will have their chance to experience West Coast Racers.

Here's some pictures of the more refined "The Underground", and station.

IMG_7461.thumb.jpeg.59b1fe6468cc23621fec33642db6c9ea.jpeg

Front of the station all detailed up now.

IMG_7467.thumb.jpeg.0e3719a436f3e74225d96ecbae2f5697.jpeg

some West Coast Customs history.

IMG_7468.thumb.jpeg.f22020d80ce4a69eadda8a8542a431fb.jpeg

IMG_7469.thumb.jpeg.406f458631bbc1d125acf7a31c1ca9d1.jpeg

IMG_7470.thumb.jpeg.b3220071b6eaa2d2bd4634130b892bca.jpeg

IMG_7471.thumb.jpeg.523f4c4b27b08da4cd7b896152844888.jpeg

IMG_7472.thumb.jpeg.202ac44835b02881861aefcd89eb8cb8.jpeg

IMG_7488.thumb.jpeg.51e2461792aecc723b8617923d6f1b84.jpeg

IMG_7490.thumb.jpeg.cf592961650052de70e4069ec0c50045.jpeg

IMG_7497.thumb.jpeg.cf76e746f3681bb7bc9c593a3d2b7851.jpeg

exit walkway area has some nice landscaping now.

IMG_7515.thumb.jpeg.18d4cad071b496c4556948a7f3331d30.jpeg

the store was closed but looks about done.

IMG_7519.thumb.jpeg.970d04fef50f27e8fb99abd949aede60.jpeg

IMG_7524.thumb.jpeg.f4c444a4a4e7774e689af395adcfe2af.jpeg

some posters have been, well, posted!

IMG_7525.thumb.jpeg.a9bcca3f3994f13998e4dfc12c817c1e.jpeg

more posters

IMG_7526.thumb.jpeg.a28fe9981751969c7852f40e2e0ae6c5.jpeg

Chicken Coop sign. not finished yet.

IMG_7535.thumb.jpeg.17b02a5d870537f339e1e0dc120fec6a.jpeg

inside muti-screen displays were on and working.

IMG_7536.thumb.jpeg.1bb4c2b8cd5eb9caeb71f72b941b080b.jpeg

IMG_7537.thumb.jpeg.7cb6ca2799c0a8502851099087d20962.jpeg

IMG_7538.thumb.jpeg.44b2265fa72d26b77a5e1cc431f3c3da.jpeg

IMG_7547.thumb.jpeg.c9af585bde8647c05c91432253da035d.jpeg

theming

Edited by jedimaster1227

also to add. i have no idea where the photo booth is going to be. it's not in the gift shop. i thought the exit was going to go into the store and it would be there, but there's no space for it. the exit also doesn't look like it's going to go thru it either. i don't think there's anymore to the building we can't see. i'm pretty sure the cameras are up by the 2nd and 4th launches.

i also have no idea how the line will move. during rehearsals, like that's been said, it went down often. during the media event, they only unloaded/loaded the train occasionally for the new on camera people. some riders rode for hours without getting off. haha

my guess is, overall capacity will be a little better than YOLO coaster.

also to add. i have no idea where the photo booth is going to be. it's not in the gift shop. i thought the exit was going to go into the store and it would be there, but there's no space for it. the exit also doesn't look like it's going to go thru it either. i don't think there's anymore to the building we can't see. i'm pretty sure the cameras are up by the 2nd and 4th launches.

i also have no idea how the line will move. during rehearsals, like that's been said, it went down often. during the media event, they only unloaded/loaded the train occasionally for the new on camera people. some riders rode for hours without getting off. haha

my guess is, overall capacity will be a little better than YOLO coaster.

I anticipate the hourly capacity to be comparable to Full Throttle. WCR has the advantage with the shorter trains and lack of seatbelts (meaning faster loading times), but it also unloads on the same side and has fewer passengers per train than Full Throttle. It also, however, dispatches more often.

I waited in a roughly 20-minute line back in late December when I rode it, and it didn't move very fast, but also not super slow either. It's pretty much impossible to have super high capacity on these newer Premier coasters because the trains take forever to get in and out of - even without the comfort collars.

^ I rode it 4 times today. It's a nice addition to their coaster lineup. The line does mover slow... They even have extensions for the comfort collars too. Even with that, they were having trouble getting a guy out of his seat this afternoon. We had very light rainfall, and the ride went down for several hours. Not sure if the rain was the issue. That's what we need is another ride like Superman that can't or won't run in the rain even if it's in the forecast.

It's bizarre that the train accelerates (both sides) right as your picture is taken. Seems very strange. The pictures are visible as you enter the store. The big screen weren't working yet.

One last comment, on Flash Pass for WCR. Only gold or platinum can reserve WCR one time. No skip the line either. I do understand that, since it's new and in high demand.

It's bizarre that the train accelerates (both sides) right as your picture is taken. Seems very strange. The pictures are visible as you enter the store. The big screen weren't working yet.

cool, i had no idea where it was. did you enter through the back, or do you have to walk around then into the store?

Thanks for the report and the review! Hope to get up there soon!

A few observations. 1.) There are definitely going to need a barrier by the car, to prevent sticky fingers. The theme of the building is well done 2.) The Underground is still pretty ironically named, pretty open area with little shade. I think some shaded seating is needed before summer hits. The asphalt treatment is well done, but man, black asphalt in high temps. Need cool zones. 3.) The exit landscaping is very well done, really like the use of colors and textures. Hope it inspires further installations of that level in the park. It really is the details that make the difference. 4.) When the go karts open and race under WCR, will be a very nice bit of energy to the area.

Thanks for the report and the review! Hope to get up there soon!

A few observations. 1.) There are definitely going to need a barrier by the car, to prevent sticky fingers. The theme of the building is well done 2.) The Underground is still pretty ironically named, pretty open area with little shade. I think some shaded seating is needed before summer hits. The asphalt treatment is well done, but man, black asphalt in high temps. Need cool zones. 3.) The exit landscaping is very well done, really like the use of colors and textures. Hope it inspires further installations of that level in the park. It really is the details that make the difference. 4.) When the go karts open and race under WCR, will be a very nice bit of energy to the area.

one thing i wish they did was make sidewalks in front of the stores and food places. i think that would have sold the street look a lot more.

some of the exit landscaping stuff would look great under the launches and high five.

Rode today. Outside of the “high 5” elements on both launches that produce airtime while sideways, not much else exciting to it. Pit stop is super lame and kills pacing, since a slow load keeps you sitting there for far too long.

One last comment, on Flash Pass for WCR. Only gold or platinum can reserve WCR one time. No skip the line either. I do understand that, since it's new and in high demand.

Are there currently any other single-time-only reservations on the Gold or Platinum flash passes? The last time I visited, X2, Full Throttle, Superman, and Twisted Colossus all were at the 1x reservations.