Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 944: Avengers Campus opens in Summer 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby Jew » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:17 pm

KBrylczyk wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:^ I'm guessing it's one of those hand-based shooters like Ninjago instead of a gun-based one like Toy Story. And I don't mind if they feel similar since I love those types of rides.

Well, yeah, they're fun and all, but not when they're a 5 minute walk apart!

Jew wrote:No mention of the microbrewery yet... :(

Please oh please be an Ant-Man "Micro"brewery.

That will be the theme.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:36 pm

Go Go Go Go MICRO~BREWERY! :mickey:

And most people who ride this Spiderman, will love the way they have to use their hand/arm as the web shooter itself, rather than the usual pistol, etc. I know I will! I haven't tried this tech at all, so I'm sure I'll be pretty hopped up for this, rather than Mania. Which I've done.

And at 66+ years old, I got my eye/physical co-ordination challenge done with Smuggler's Run... twice, and it was a lot of fun, too (early Sept.). I expect Spiderman will really test my physical skills, which is great for my age group! Whatever the hell that is. I look forward to the exercise. :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coneyislandchris » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:33 am

My son and I are going to be heading out to the west coast during the week and a half he has off from school in April, and we're probably going to make it his first visit to a Disney park. I'm thinking two days mid-week, one per park, and getting the MaxPass both days to minimize downtime. Obviously we'll be a little bit too early for the new Marvel stuff, but that's okay. Any recommendations on how to best plan out our time here? Must dos for us will be the coasters, the Haunted Mansion, and the Star Wars stuff.

Oh, and side note, will any SoCal waterparks aside from Great Wolf Lodge be open at that point in the year, or are we out of luck there?
That coaster dad [340] and that coaster kiddo [222]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. TMNT Shellraiser. Fury 325.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Satans Hockey » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:08 am

The MaxPass was such a wonderful option I didn't even feel like I had to have a specific plan of attack since I just kept getting another fast pass as soon as I used the one I had. I think it helps that neither park really feels very big and it's easy to get around them.

We also really liked the Guardians of the galaxy tower of terror ride. Haven't seen the new star wars stuff yet so can't comment on that.

The main thing I had read before going was to avoid grad nights but with it being April it's probably too early for that yet anyway.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:51 am

coneyislandchris wrote:My son and I are going to be heading out to the west coast during the week and a half he has off from school in April, and we're probably going to make it his first visit to a Disney park. I'm thinking two days mid-week, one per park, and getting the MaxPass both days to minimize downtime. Obviously we'll be a little bit too early for the new Marvel stuff, but that's okay. Any recommendations on how to best plan out our time here? Must dos for us will be the coasters, the Haunted Mansion, and the Star Wars stuff.

Oh, and side note, will any SoCal waterparks aside from Great Wolf Lodge be open at that point in the year, or are we out of luck there?

I always go with the park hopper since the two entrances are literally 60 seconds apart and I usually spend more time at Disneyland. I think California Adventure's top rides are just as good as the top rides at Disneyland, but there are more things I want to reride at Disneyland. That being said, you shouldn't have a problem doing everything with 1 full day at each park.

I don't know if the park has announced how they'll handle Rise of the Resistance yet, but if they do the first come, timed boarding pass system like Florida, you'll likely want to get there at opening.

For Smuggler's Run, we saved that ride for closing since it had a posted 50-60 minute wait most of the day. We walked onto it at closing. However, the ride does have 3 positions that are all unique. I like pilot best, but gunner is fun as well. If you want to try all the positions, you may want to do this one a few times.

One of the other advantages to getting to the park early is that you can knock out the low capacity Fantasyland dark rides early. You also can get ahead of the curve on Fastpasses. This is important since you can get your next Fastpass after 90 minutes or when your most recent Fastpass becomes active. For example, I usually get there a half hour early so I can get the first Fastpass for Radiator Springs Racers. This is the ride whose Fastpasses run out first. Since mine starts early, I can beat the wave of people to the Toy Story fastpasses and so forth.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- NASCAR SpeedPark & Carowinds- Fall

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:06 pm

Hilltopper39 wrote:I can already hear the jokes people are going to make about the Pym Test Kitchen..... "they shrunk the pizza but still charge full price", something along those lines most likely.

:lol: And now, they'll have an excuse to sell those mini pizzas to kids,
"shrunk down from the original size," wink-wink.

To Add: It will be interesting though, to see what they come up with (regular and 'shrunk') to serve there.
MiniPizzas.jpg

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:18 pm

^ Remember it's not just tiny stuff, but huge stuff, too. Imagine the turkey legs...
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:37 pm

^ :omg:

It really is going to be interesting (and somewhat wierd/strange) to see which foods
get made bigger and which ones are made smaller, etc.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:40 am

I'm very tempted to make a trip out over President's Day weekend (Feb 20th), but nervous about rides down for rehab during that time.

Haunted Mansion is down, and I'm reading how about Splash usually goes down during that time. Apparently Indy is going to have a big refurb in 2020? Or did it just open up? I'm hoping someone can shed some light on Splash and Indy.

Thanks!
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:07 am

It looks like they've posted everything for that date and it's just Snow White, Carousel, Haunted Mansion and Red Car Trolley (which I had to Google) at the other park.

Since you're in a fluming mood, note that since we won't be in town, Timber Mountain Log ride will be open.
Last edited by coasterbill on Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:10 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!