TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

I re-watched your video. On both paths, but the corridor of them is more obvious on the second path (around 4:50), you see a bunch of empty ride vehicles waiting in a corridor and some circle with you and they disappear off down a corridor as the droid(?) says 'tell them it's a prison transfer.' Where those cars empty because of media day and they're usually also carrying people or are they always empty?

I'm kind of hoping it's the latter because it looks like they are going into the area you started your ride so are they cars returning from the unload area to the loading area? If it is I love the fact they found a way to incorporate something as mundane as cars returning to the station into an actual story element.

Great question! I’m not entirely sure. They were certainly running one side much heavier than the other so it could have been that but it also could be the latter. I’ll ask and try to find the answer for you.

I am super eager to return to Disney in 2 years... by then, every park (especially Hollywood Studios and Epcot) is going to have loads of brand new stuff for me to experience.

Yeah I've been telling myself for a while now "just wait another year for (insert attraction) to open" and now that Galaxy's edge is fully operational I might have to make a trip............sometime after March after when Micky and Minnies Runaway Railway opens haha.

But seriously 2021 sounds like it's going to be a great year to get back to Disney for a long extended stay on property after Runaway Railway, Guardians, Ratatoille, and Tron are all open.

Also great coverage of the new ride, Elissa that review was hilarious . That's pretty much me doing anything Harry Potter at Universal. Cool coaster drop, but now we're in a cave, with a dragon, and some giant tin solider guys that look nice but I guess are evil? Not sure what's going on here but the rocks are cool and it looks good, fun ride haha.

I re-watched your video. On both paths, but the corridor of them is more obvious on the second path (around 4:50), you see a bunch of empty ride vehicles waiting in a corridor and some circle with you and they disappear off down a corridor as the droid(?) says 'tell them it's a prison transfer.' Where those cars empty because of media day and they're usually also carrying people or are they always empty?

I'm kind of hoping it's the latter because it looks like they are going into the area you started your ride so are they cars returning from the unload area to the loading area? If it is I love the fact they found a way to incorporate something as mundane as cars returning to the station into an actual story element.

It's what you said in the second paragraph. Those are unloaded vehicles returning to one of the loading bays. It looks like there's four loading bay garage doors plus an extra garage door in that first room that allows the empty vehicles in from the unload area.

An EXIT question. Nobody seems to be showing (from what I have seen) what happens when you exit the trackless vehicles, outside. Is it just onto an outdoor pathway, eventually to the main thoroughfare.....or something different?

Thanks in advance. Colour me curious.

A Grade A+, Elissa, on your awesome Rise of the Resistance Report!  So much detail & effort must have gone into putting it together.  (I know... these trips & rides are all 'fun and games' - until someone has to tackle the REPORT!  But success! I FINALLY have an inkling of how this attraction works - and, believe me, I hadn't a clue till I saw the video & followed along with your captions.  Twice!  (Well, maybe 3 times... You weren't kidding when you said, "Make sure you watch our video over and over!"  That is ONE complicated trek.)  What my lame brain finally understood is that RISE is part walk-thru & part 'car ride.'  Seeing people swiveling 'round n 'round, I assumed the ENTIRE ride was spent sitting in moving vehicles.  NOW, the awesomeness of RISE makes perfect sense - I 'get' all the hoopla.  What an adventure (even to those of us 'rusty' re Star Wars). The dips, the curves, the swerves, the simulator -- I wanna ride this sucker!!!!  Thanks for your efforts, Elissa.  Another Blue Ribbon for Disney imagination.  (PS  I think I need a 'furry' or figurine of that little "smug guy" - & his buddy.  Will put em next to my Furby.)

Alice  

^Thanks! I really appreciate the kind words from you and everyone else. It makes the work worth it and makes me want to write more fun trip reports!

^^Bill, you do the little drop into a simulator where you end up landing back on Batuu. You then exit the drop shaft into the outside (still trackless) area and then into the unload bay.

...It's what you said in the second paragraph. Those are unloaded vehicles returning to one of the loading bays. It looks like there's four loading bay garage doors plus an extra garage door in that first room that allows the empty vehicles in from the unload area.

And I think it's brilliant what Disney did there,

integrating the unloaded/empty vehicles into the attraction story line, itself.

Another thing. It's supposed to be a "serious adventure", but I see so many smiling faces of the "captives," throughout the attraction (on practically all videos of it), it seems funny to me, that nobody is actually looking scared in this attraction. I think Snow White still holds that record for some kids. It's crazy. But it's fun all the same. "Laughing out loud at your own peril."

^^There's mozzarella at Oga's?!?!

^I think for me at least it's one of those awkward theming things. Look, I get that this is a very immersive experience and the cast members do an AMAZING job staying in character, but I also know you don't really work for the First Order. I saw you grocery shopping at Publix yesterday! So it's just kind of funny to me and others.

Awesome review! I’ve never seen any of the Star Wars movies (or Indiana Jones....I know), but this ride looks absolutely fantastic! Question on the ‘drop’ part, how subtle would you say it is? I love how people scream in all of the videos I’ve seen, but I imagine that’s more from the surprise aspect of it. Do you lift out of your seat at all?

The quality of the ride footage is so amazingly clear, and to be able to see both sides of the ride is great! Good to see there are a couple of differences between the two sides as well.

All in all, once MIckey opens up next year, the transformation of the park over the last few years is pretty incredible.

^The transformation of the whole resort is just on another level. This ride is a pretty awesome part of it though!

Agreed! It's exciting to see all the improvements coming to Walt Disney World.

The resort as a whole is improving dramatically but this park's transformation might be the most amazing. It went from Tower of Terror (which is obviously amazing), two good supporting rides with coaster and Toy Story Mania and then a bunch of dated and/or cheap crap to an awesome, must-se park with arguably the best themed land on property and two of the best rides in America with Rise and Tower plus tons of great supporting rides and another one on the way next year all in just a few short years.

This park used to be completely skippable as recently as early last year and now you wouldn't dream of going to Disney World and not going there.

Edited by coasterbill

^Well said. Also something that I didn't decide if I wanted to post or not was a quote from Bob Chapek at the Media Dinner...when talking about the transformation across the resort he said that Animal Kingdom was now a full day park. Implying that they had opened it not being a full day park!? I never thought Animal Kingdom was bad, especially if you're into animals, but him saying that kind of admitted that they needed some additional rides and experiences to justify keeping the park open later into the evening and being a real full day place. The parks are certainly now all full day plus parks!

I’ll Revisit this thread and read the ride report next month. Trying my best not to spoil it for myself before I go. I can’t wait for this trip over a year and a half in the making