TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Yeah, I’d be shocked if 45 degrees is the limit in New England.

We’ve been on it when it was below freezing just during Fright Fest (I remember because we waited 90 minutes, not our finest moment lol)

Edited by coasterbill

• 2 weeks later...

The new 2-8 hours have been in place before the start of the event. Last year was 2-9, then they changed it to 3-9, but then shifted it up about a week before they opened. So basically they shaved an hour off from last year. It does seem like they should stay open until 9 on the busier days.

• 2 weeks later...

^ I saw someone post on Facebook it was due to ice on the tracks. That would make sense since Massachusetts got hit with 3-6 inches of snow earlier this week and I don't think the temperature went above freezing for it to melt.

But even if everything was open, I have no regrets driving the extra distance to Great Adventure and eventually getting home at 2 am.

I made the mistake of going there Saturday. The only adult rides open were the teacups, Houdini, the Scrambler (which they were literally shoveling out of the snow when the park opened), and Riddler.

It wasn't the end of the world since I have a membership; I mostly just wandered and helped myself to "free" food and treats...but I would have been furious if I'd paid to take a family to the park and found virtually everything closed. There were a lot of very unhappy people in the park. Not great.

Sounds like you all need to head south and ride Six Flags' most explosive coaster. Saturday was a party.

In all seriousness, New England does seem slightly more conservative than Great Adventure and Great America but I definitely get the ice thing.You would not want this to happen.

Edited by coasterbill

With all that closed the least they could do is open Tornado and hand everyone a tube. And a waiver.

In all seriousness they usually do a good job getting things open here too but last weeks storm was a couple inches of snow, then a few hours of freezing rain and then more snow. And then Arctic air for a few days made the snow hard as a rock. If it was stuck to any tracks, it wasnt coming off without a lot of work.

Thunderbolt wasn’t running today from what I noticed. Loved that Pandy was though. Really enjoyed my visit today to end my season. Apologize for my double comment above to. Really hope that us Northeast theme park fans find fun in our dead time.

Well yeah because Thunderbolt has a 25-30ish minute wait regardless of season or crowd size. It’s one of the few constant things in the universe. It could be a slammed Fright Fest Saturday or a Holiday in the Park day where everything else is a walk-on. Doesn’t matter... 25 minutes.

Edited by coasterbill

Well yeah because Thunderbolt has a 25-30ish minute wait regardless of season or crowd size. It’s one of the few constant things in the universe. It could be a slammed Fright Fest Saturday or a Holiday in the Park day where everything else is a walk-on. Doesn’t matter... 25 minutes.

This is so true.

Did anyone make it for the last couple days? We got another blast of sleet and freezing rain goodness on Monday and Tuesday. Noticed Batman, Thunderbolt, and Pandy were closed on the app as were other rides. Sucks for the park that they got 3 or 4 storms of this crap. Even after a sunny day in the 40s today there's still 3 inches of rock solidness because it doesn't melt.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...