TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I was at the park today. It was super dead with half the rides opening around noon.

I didn't realize how big the station is for WCR. The whole structure is way bigger than I was expecting. Knowing this has me expecting that it'll open in 2020 because there just still so much work to be done.

If the station and queue follows their model it is just that one building for the station and the queue is just tented outside.

I am planning a visit to SFMM next Spring, tentatively the last week of April. Does anyone know when Viper typically closes for its annual maintenance. Making the trip solely to get a ride in on the last of the Arrow mega-loopers. I know there are several sites that have tried to keep track of this in the past but none of those are up to date. Hoping there's a local that would know.

I had a good time at the park yesterday. Lex Luthor, Jet Stream, and Tidal Wave were all closed. It definitely helped to have had the Platinum Flash Pass, as Twisted Colossus had an hour-and-a-half wait around 4:30, the longest I've ever seen for it. I'm looking forward to riding West Coast Racers next year.

I had a good time at the park yesterday. Lex Luthor, Jet Stream, and Tidal Wave were all closed. It definitely helped to have had the Platinum Flash Pass, as Twisted Colossus had an hour-and-a-half wait around 4:30, the longest I've ever seen for it. I'm looking forward to riding West Coast Racers next year.

Thanks for reporting. Just curious what your wait with the Platinum Flash Pass was for Twisted Colossus when the regular wait was 1 1/2 hours? Or how many coasters were you able to ride per hour with it?

Umm. Why was Apocalypse removed from the SFMM site?

https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/attractions/apocalypse

84cce12770e47318376fa31364e79f6d.jpg

They list a bunch of other rides at the park as “temporarily closed” so if it was WCR related why not do that. Completely removing it from the site is weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bostonlva

I predict MM will get another coaster for 2021 to be the first park with 20 operational coasters. If they sit on there hands Energylandia with its 2 a year will catch and pass them lmao. I think a single rail similar to Jersey Devil

I was in the park over the weekend and asked about that with the Apocalypse staff/manager while riding it (so yes, it's still open). It was just an error, and they further clarified that Apocalypse will be open on weekends only until WCR is up.

^ Thanks for clarifying. I remember Apocalypse being fantastic back in 2014, but it was brutal when I rode it a few years later. Based on the recent accounts, it sounds like it's running like 2014 again.

My 2014 rides were honestly better than Gold Striker.

^ Thanks for clarifying. I remember Apocalypse being fantastic back in 2014, but it was brutal when I rode it a few years later. Based on the recent accounts, it sounds like it's running like 2014 again.

My 2014 rides were honestly better than Gold Striker.

Apocalypse is definitely running better than Gold Striker right now. Gold Striker shuffled and jackhammered like crazy when I rode it about 3 months ago. Apocalypse, on the other hand, is running great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm even comparing my 2014 Gold Striker rides to 2014 Apocalypse rides and I preferred Apocalypse. And Gold Striker was about as smooth as a traditional wood coaster could be back then.

I agree Gold Striker has started to have a shimmy, but I found it to be no problem at all (granted I have a super high tolerance for rough rides).

I'm even comparing my 2014 Gold Striker rides to 2014 Apocalypse rides and I preferred Apocalypse. And Gold Striker was about as smooth as a traditional wood coaster could be back then.

I agree Gold Striker has started to have a shimmy, but I found it to be no problem at all (granted I have a super high tolerance for rough rides).

i don't get the hype over gold striker. i like a smooth apocalypse and ghostrider better that gold striker. but opinions are like...

^Yes. If you do a search of this thread or the ask Alvey board it has been discussed quite a bit. VERY hard to do on public transportation. Takes forever. Won’t get there for opening and have to leave before closing. Assuming you are down in the LA or Anaheim area. Rent a car or use Uber/Lyft.

Is it complicated to go to this park by public transport from Los Angeles?

It may be that I go there at the end of February.

Thank you for your answers

I just did it about a month ago. Now, location is key as I was staying on Hollywood blvd and Western. I ended up taking the metro rail red line to the North Hollywood station. From there, I took the Santa Clarita 757 to the Valencia blvd/Mcbean transfer station. Got on the Santa Clarita 7 (Magic Mountain) and got off at Magic Mountain. Overall the trip took about 1 hour and 40 minutes BUT it cost me around 6 dollars. I left a little after 7 and got there before 9. I actually got there too early as the parked opened at 10AM. I actually took public transportation to Knotts as well as Universal Studios and I really enjoyed being able to not fight traffic and travel for a fraction of the cost. If you need more help just shoot me a PM!