Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1472: The Bourne Stuntacular coming Spring 2020!
Users viewing this topic: jonlocke and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby VegasBaby » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:14 am

I would recommend staying at the Cabana Bay hotel for your visit. It's a great hotel for kids and very reasonably priced for an onsite hotel. It has has two great pool areas - one with a sandy beach and slides and another one with a lazy river. The main restaurant is cafeteria style with several different food stations (salad bar, grill, pizza/pasta, etc), so there's something for everybody. We stayed there on our Universal Orlando visit two years ago and absolutely loved it. My kids are constantly asking when we are going back! (I told them probably in 2021, waiting for Hagrid's to get the kinks out and the JP coaster to open.)
Coaster Count: 221 Last Coaster: GhostRider
Top Ten: 1) Superman The Ride 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Shambhala 9) Lightning Rod 10) Mako

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:00 pm

Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit is doing Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit things again.

It looks like it didn't even make it through the first element before it valleyed. :lol:

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:58 am

This may be a dumb question but I bought my tickets and Express pass for a night at HHN this weekend and the Express pass is just a PDF with a bar code that says proceed to the entrance of each House/Attraction. Ticket also states that you have to show ID, but do you really have to show ID at each attraction to use the express pass? I haven't been in a few years but remember Express passes being like a lanyard, but mobile works for me if that's the case.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby teacherkim » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:38 am

We were there a few weeks ago and were never asked for ID. Purchased it all through a package, stayed at the RP, and had tickets and express passes that fit into a cover on a lanyard; but had to redeem our tickets at the hotel or front gate. Both just had a bar code.

Postby coasterbill » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:54 am

Your mobile park ticket will also say that you have to show ID to get into the park and that's also not true.

You should always have your ID for HHN just in-case you ever need to prove that you're over 21 though because... reasons. :lol:

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:02 pm

coasterbill wrote:Your mobile park ticket will also say that you have to show ID to get into the park and that's also not true.

You should always have your ID for HHN just in-case you ever need to prove that you're over 21 though because... reasons. :lol:

Haha well yeah, that's a given. In fact the reason I was curious was in case I wanted to let someone else in my group use my express pass for rides I don't care about while I have use my ID elsewhere for ........ those reasons.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:02 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:
coasterbill wrote:Your mobile park ticket will also say that you have to show ID to get into the park and that's also not true.

Haha well yeah, that's a given. In fact the reason I was curious was in case I wanted to let someone else in my group use my express pass for rides I don't care about while I have use my ID elsewhere for ........ those reasons.

So . . . you're trying to get over on the park.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:19 pm

I just got back from having done two spins on Hagrid's (one in each seat) and it's pretty spectacular. Not much in the way of airtime but the turns are whippy and aggressive, the theming is really freaking great, and the ride as a whole is just so much exciting fun. Easy top 50.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:29 am

^ Is Hagrid's running more consistently at this point and not closing ridiculously early?

I too really liked the ride, but the ride's operational issues deterred us from even trying to ride it on the second day.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Efteling & Parque de Atracciones Madrid

Postby coasterbill » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:42 am

Last edited by coasterbill on Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:42 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!