TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I find it hilarious that there are people saying “all they need to do is build the station and start testing, then WCR is good to open!” Those are literally the two most time consuming and difficult parts of the whole construction process. My bets are on a December opening, simply because SF could run into some trouble for advertising a New For 2019 ride... that never opens in 2019.

I never meant it as if those were simple things, just that those are the last things that need to be done since they are just about done with anything else. On the flip side it isn't like they couldn't get those two things done in 2 months.

I find it hilarious that there are people saying “all they need to do is build the station and start testing, then WCR is good to open!” Those are literally the two most time consuming and difficult parts of the whole construction process. My bets are on a December opening, simply because SF could run into some trouble for advertising a New For 2019 ride... that never opens in 2019.

Batman & Robin: The Chiller says hi.

Though technically it did open for a few days/one week in '97 before being reintroduced as the "New for '98" ride next year.

Superman was supposed to be open in 1996 and didn't open until 1997.

If it does open in 2019, I think December is the only likely time. Thanksgiving is exactly two months away, and given their rate of construction over the last year, I can't see them fully constructing the station, queue line, complete all proper testing, get inspected and approval by the state, and open the ride in that time. December is possible, but I really think an early 2020 opening (any time between January - March) is seeming more and more likely.

It's a year round park, and I visit every few months, so I don't really care when it opens. I am still very excited. That area of the park is finally receiving the massive transformation it needed. The coaster looks fantastic visually, and combined with a smoother Apocalypse, it will be worth it for me.

Batman & Robin: The Chiller says hi.

Though technically it did open for a few days/one week in '97 before being reintroduced as the "New for '98" ride next year.

Superman was supposed to be open in 1996 and didn't open until 1997.

Now now... It was made available to passholders in late 1996...

Hey all - I'll be at Six Flags MM on Thursday, Dec 5th and Tuesday, Dec 10th. Do you guys think it will be crowded given that it's Holiday in the Park in December, or not too bad since they are weekdays?

Both of those days should be "ghost towns" according to Is It Packed and I agree with them. Kids will still be in school, so the mid-week days in early December should be dead.

Soooo....fright fest....they put no effort into this year.

The scarezone in front of bugs bunny world is gone and the new maze is 90% the old vault 666.

Best thing is that apocalypse is running good. Second best is the slider show.

Condemned is still a good maze and sewer of souls still has one really neat effect, but the other mazes are very tired and not so good.

Well I still remember Fright Fest when we worked there... Unplugging extension cords and resetting a breaker in Baja Ridge for their "scare zone"... All... Night... Long...

Hey all - I'll be at Six Flags MM on Thursday, Dec 5th and Tuesday, Dec 10th. Do you guys think it will be crowded given that it's Holiday in the Park in December, or not too bad since they are weekdays?

Looks like the park opens at 12:00pm so extra time added to the end of the day and open until 8pm so in a sense you get a extra 30 min verses the normal opening time of 10:30am. HITP does attract people and its a pretty fun event. It should not be to crowded as its weekdays your looking at.

Now now... It was made available to passholders in late 1996...

I rode it once for the passholder preview, then maybe freefall once, then Batman 50 laps without getting off. LOL

Passholder previews were always great for riding whatever they opened in addition to the preview! A billion hour line for the preview ride but then practically unlimited rides on some other rides...

Does anyone know the timing of when Apocalypse is open? I went this past Sunday with the hopes of riding but it was closed the whole time I was there and the attendant guarding the entrance wasn't able to give me any information.

• 2 weeks later...
Since no one's mentioned it, track is complete and the station is starting to go up for WCR.

Opening: Dec 30 2019. "See, we told you it was new for 2019!"

First time visiting this upcoming weekend. Flash pass still just 1 lap on TC, X2 and FT?

Haunted houses any good here?

To the first question, yes. Same thing for Crazanity and Superman I believe. For the Haunted Houses, the set design is kinda cool, but there's no soundtrack in most of them and barely any scare actors. If you've been to horror nights or scary farm then be prepared to be let down big time.

Thanks for the info. I imagine it'll be a zoo this Saturday but I think we'll have fun. We are doing Knotts Sunday so perhaps I appreciate it more after doing Six Flags.

When does parking normally open? Front gates? (Some parks open some parts early, etc.) Figured I'd double check. I like to be one of the first in the park.

Thanks for the info. I imagine it'll be a zoo this Saturday but I think we'll have fun. We are doing Knotts Sunday so perhaps I appreciate it more after doing Six Flags.

When does parking normally open? Front gates? (Some parks open some parts early, etc.) Figured I'd double check. I like to be one of the first in the park.

Just went this past Saturday (first time on a weekend for me), and it was crowded. Bought the regular flash pass and got 5 rides in between 12p to 5:30p. You might be able to get a few more as I was with an 8 year old new to coasters and we definitely were not efficient. I would recommend getting at least the Gold or Platinum. The regular flash pass times were 30-60 minutes for most rides. Tatsu, Colossus, Goliath, and X2 were 90-120 mins. I would recommend going early, the parking gates open early, I believe it's 930 or 10. You can buy the flash pass after the security check and before the entrance gates. That will save you some time and allows you to get in the flash pass entrance line. When I went early in previous years, not all rides were opened at 1030. Just ride what is open. I've noticed usually Tatsu, Full Throttle, and Colossus are opened at 1030. On Sat, Revolution was running 1 train and Colossus was running 3. Lex Luthor was closed and Superman was running one side. Also, you can't access Apocolypse from the DC area. You have to go by Tatsu/Roaring Rapids to get there.

Since no one's mentioned it, track is complete and the station is starting to go up for WCR.

At this point, I will actually be surprised if WCR opens in 2019. I could very well see a January or February opening.

A December opening is possible and probably the most likely scenario, but as we all know by now, NOTHING is predictable with this ride.

At this point, I will actually be surprised if WCR opens in 2019. I could very well see a January or February opening.

Right there with you. If this ride actually opens in 2019 I’ll be shocked.