Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: Satans Hockey and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby LBIJim » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:46 pm

michaellynn4 wrote:Bill beat me to the photos. In addition to the BAFF, they had the secondary entrance to the park (for those looking to enter from 537 eastbound) closed off, so anyone looking to get into the park from that direction had to drive past and turn around. You think the jughandles suck on a normal day?

The secondary entrance was open on Monday, September 30, (Rosh Hashana) which also was a BAFF day. Park was fairly quiet from 11 am opening until 1 pm, then hordes of people started pouring in. Weather was nice and I suppose many people decided to attend at the last minute.

I may check out the park tomorrow, October 9. Open during Yom Kippur. Cooler weather and possible rain, so it should hold down attendance.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Mike240SX » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:14 pm

Be warned, from 6 years of working at the park, the Orthodox Jewish days were some of the busiest at the park. Not sure if that has anything to do with Yom Kippur but if it does...yeah have fun. I'll reserve my comments about the behavior of those attendees as to not offend.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 145
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:15 pm

^^ That's good to know. To be honest, I've never heard of them closing the secondary entrance; there really isn't a valid reason to unless the park itself is closed.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby YoshiFan » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:27 pm

Although the park is open because of Yom Kippur, it's more because of schools being closed. The large Jewish groups that attend the park a few days a year will not be there (it's the holiest day of the year so they are going to be at a Synagogue and not at the park), they usually visit during Passover in the spring and a day in the fall. This year it is October 17th, a buy out ( http://www.ncsygreatadventure.com/ ).

I miss when that same group used to buy out the park on Easter. The park was closed to the public but season pass holders were allowed in for free even if not part of the group and it was basically no lines all day.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby LBIJim » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:16 am

^^^^^
It looks like the general public can just buy a ticket at the gate for $45 on that buyout date. Season pass holders can for $15.

I haven't seen the secondary entrance closed in at least 10 years. Sometimes it would be in the fall. I don't remember when that jughandle about 1/2 mile east of the entrance opened. When the secondary entrance was closed, you needed to go another mile and turn around at the Wawa/McDonald's jughandle.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Kanakoonthecoasters » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:14 pm

Am I the only one who likes Cyborg Cyber Spin? Sure, it had some downtime when it first opened, but all in all it's a solid experience.
RIP Six Flags New Orleans, Six Flags Worlds of Adventure, Six Flags AstroWorld, Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, Six Flags Elitch Gardens, Six Flags Holland, Six Flags Belgium

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:19 am

No, I enjoy it too. I really don’t get the hate for it.
Last edited by coasterbill on Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:20 am.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby thesman » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:54 am

The weekends after fright fest and before holiday in the park is the entire park open?

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Mike240SX » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:03 am

It was two years ago in 2017, except for the Safari I think.

EDIT: I should clarify. Yes, the entirety of the park was open to walk around. Many food stands were closed, as well as some ride closures, due to staffing if I had to guess.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 145
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby 3Mutts » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:09 am

thesman wrote:The weekends after fright fest and before holiday in the park is the entire park open?

Yes pretty much everything is open and unlike freight fest that weekend is DEAD. BTW the Safari is open but if you want to do it you have to buy a ticket for the Grape Adventure whine festival.
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!