TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

OK, gonna vent a little.

On Facebook, people were losing their MINDS that Cedar Point was so crowded yesterday.

ON a Saturday.

In the fall.

Perfect weather.

Halloweekends.

These are the same people who complain when they come to Walt Disney World during Christmas week and are shocked by the crowds.

Seriously, people. If you don't wanna deal with crowds, DON'T COME TO CP DURING A SATURDAY IN THE FALL!

Ugh.

Fast Lane Plus for next Saturday has increased to $179 online (regular increased to $115). If prices are higher in the park as demand increases, I wonder if it will get to $199 next week.

It’s absolutely worth it. It sounds like a party right now.

AE3F43ED-DD87-4E22-BD95-C539464564CB.thumb.jpeg.ff7a1001eb91762466b35c0ee2091e77.jpeg

And shockingly, you can still have fun on a crazy Saturday if you plan a little.
This is true! My wife and I drove up to Kings island a few Fridays ago and then on up to CP on Saturday. We had a blast, not flashpass or anything. Crazy busy! Still plenty to do and we planned the mazes so we were able to hit most and still grab a few coasters at night

Side note got a free upgrade to a lake view at breakers! My wife made fun of me for always requesting it in the notes, without paying for it or doing their upgrade thing that cost money. I told her it never hurts to ask and this time we were surprised when it was lake view!

Proof that it never hurts to ask they will sometimes honor it! Balcony and all

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Fast Lane Plus for next Saturday has increased to $179 online (regular increased to $115). If prices are higher in the park as demand increases, I wonder if it will get to $199 next week.

Columbus Day weekend is busy? Who knew?!

ae3f43ed-dd87-4e22-bd95-c539464564cb.thumb.jpeg.671a70a98323a6d8d58a2fcc0a35cdaf.jpeg

You know how you feel when your spouse, or significant other, or somebody that you love deeply, does something that makes you feel like you can't stand the sight of them, even though it's temporary, and doesn't change your love for them at all? That's how I feel when I see this!

So I'm planning on going to the park next weekend and after seeing this, I have to ask. Is there any chance they sell out of Fastlane Plus online before I can buy them in the park on Saturday? Does anyone know if they keep a quantity aside for in park sale? I would not be thrilled to drive from St. Louis and not be able to get them. I have platinum and would prefer to get the discount and already planned on buying them early in the day, right after early entry ends at the latest.

Just hoping to get some insight since the forecast currently calls for fantastic weather, and they are already charging 180 online. Any thoughts or first hand info would be greatly appreciated!!!

Busy enough to warrant a 10pm Sunday closing instead of its normal 8pm Sunday closings during Halloweekends.

What also helped crowds get exponentially bad is Ohio State being on a bye week and Michigan playing a cupcake.

So I'm planning on going to the park next weekend and after seeing this, I have to ask. Is there any chance they sell out of Fastlane Plus online before I can buy them in the park on Saturday? Does anyone know if they keep a quantity aside for in park sale? I would not be thrilled to drive from St. Louis and not be able to get them. I have platinum and would prefer to get the discount and already planned on buying them early in the day, right after early entry ends at the latest.

Just hoping to get some insight since the forecast currently calls for fantastic weather, and they are already charging 180 online. Any thoughts or first hand info would be greatly appreciated!!!

Once its gone, its gone. They've also been known to increase the prices as it gets closer to the date too. It sounds like you just need to bite the bullet and pay extra to get them now if its that important to you. Honestly unless the Halloween stuff is that important to you, you're probably just better off waiting to go in May or June when it won't be crowded at all and you won't need a Fast Lane.

Busy enough to warrant a 10pm Sunday closing instead of its normal 8pm Sunday closings during Halloweekends.

What also helped crowds get exponentially bad is Ohio State being on a bye week and Michigan playing a cupcake.

Columbus Day Weekend has ALWAYS been a horrible weekend to go to any park on. Read back and you'll see that year after year, people are blindsided by the fact that things are horrendously busy. It's an industry wide thing, not just Cedar Point.

It's comical because it's one of those things that SHOULD be common sense among anyone who posts on a site like TPR, but it's surprisingly lacking knowledge among enthusiasts.

Before this becomes a thing I don't think anyone here on this site is surprised that the park is busy. On social media, that's a different story but nobody here seemed even remotely surprised for once. I'm proud of this place.

Edited by coasterbill

I had a 34-hour Cleveland layover, the entire day on Saturday, and a CF platinum pass. I haven’t been to CP since 2016, and SV is #1 on my haven’t ridden bucket list. Yet I decided not to go to the park because I knew it would be a complete cluster. I spent the day checking google maps from time to time watching the causeway be a solid dark red line of traffic through the early evening, knowing I made the right decision

Once its gone, its gone. They've also been known to increase the prices as it gets closer to the date too. It sounds like you just need to bite the bullet and pay extra to get them now if its that important to you. Honestly unless the Halloween stuff is that important to you, you're probably just better off waiting to go in May or June when it won't be crowded at all and you won't need a Fast Lane.

Yeah, I know May or June is a better time to go as far as ride lines go, but I enjoy going in the fall for a number of reasons. I like the cooler weather. I'm not particularly interested in doing the actual haunts, but I like the Halloween decorations and atmosphere. I like the late hours with lots of night riding. There aren't swarms of bugs around the coasters. Heck, last year I ate all different kinds of delicious food from the food trucks at the park, which aren't always options other times of year.

Maybe I'll try earlier in the season next year...but this year I'm going this weekend.

Yeah, I know May or June is a better time to go as far as ride lines go, but I enjoy going in the fall for a number of reasons. I like the cooler weather. I'm not particularly interested in doing the actual haunts, but I like the Halloween decorations and atmosphere. I like the late hours with lots of night riding. There aren't swarms of bugs around the coasters. Heck, last year I ate all different kinds of delicious food from the food trucks at the park, which aren't always options other times of year.

Maybe I'll try earlier in the season next year...but this year I'm going this weekend.

And that's fine, just know that you're going to going to get on many rides. If you go, just go for the atmosphere and Halloween stuff and don't get your hopes up for getting on many actual rides.

Went this weekend - it was crazy experience but inconsistent.

Traffic in - even Saturday at 4pm was an hour on the causeway. An hour just to get to the parking booth! We did not have Fastline - so we focused on mazes. MF was only a 25 minute wait by 11pm and Magnum was a walk-on by 8:30pm - so we did that a few times - still an epic ride in the dark in the back. My kid had never experienced true ejector air before.

Scarezone waits were insane for cornstalkers.

Sunday - had platinum entry plus fastlane plus (free due to season pass renewal) - was able to get in SV, maverick x2 by 11:30am.

Then it was a gong show - Gatekeeper down for the day (rumor is reopened after 8:30pm but we were at the top of the park and it was near closing time so too much of a risk to run down instead of night SV), top thrill after an hour fast lane wait broke in the station, waited another half an hour for a reopen that never occurred. ride opened up again five hours later (we got in after another 45 fastline wait)

Valraven, and Maverick fast line was decent - not that long of a wait. But MF had fast line line equal to regular and SV was still close to an hour and top thrill more than an hour.

The long and the short of it is that we still had a great time. The haunt stuff was good. My kid's first time on the 52 inchers (though we didn't get gatekeeper). We didn't have a choice but to face the crowds (long weekend needed for drive back, had to take advantage of fastlane promotion, kid wasn't tall enough earlier in season, etc).

Only real complaint is the fastline - we were so excited to take advantage of it to really enjoy the rides, only to find out the lines are still crazy long. They really need to reduce the number of fast lanes they sell, at $120 plus it is not right to sell so many that are still hour lines. There was nothing VIP about it. Since we used our entitlement it wasn't the of the world, but if i paid out of pocket i would have been really disappointed.

PS. Windseeker is the dumbest name ever. Why call a ride windseeker when it can't ride when there is wind? Shouldn't they call it Windfearer?

Windseeker and Sky Ride are closed for the season for staffing. While it would never have operated on a day where Gatekeeper and Raptor were closed for wind until 8:30 at night anyway, it wasn't going to open regardless of weather conditions.

As for the Fastlane thing, given the restrictions on when you could use the promotional free Fastlane for renewal you and everyone else picked the most obvious day to redeem it (the only Sunday with a 10:00 close and all of the haunt attractions open) so there was no way that was going to go well. The park should have probably seen that coming.

Edited by coasterbill

Got to the Point sunday around 7:30 pm. Got on Maverick in back row after about 2 hours in line, ride was great as expected. Than got my Steel Vengeance credit. Didn't want to have to admit that the ride is amazing, but crap it's a great ride. Did not care for the metal detectors though, we were in line for over an hour and a half and what should have been no more than 40 minutes took over an hour and a half due to the metal detectors and fast lane. But the ride was so good it was hard to be upset about it.

Forever lurker, seldom poster... but here goes. I, like many, purchased platinum passes for my family for 2020 (and the remainder of 2019). My daughter is budding enthusiast at 9, and is now tall enough for EVERYTHING. The plan was a road trip from St. Louis to holiday world, kings island, and then, CEDAR POINT!! My wife and I have been, but not our little one. After all the discussions (of which I was a part), we decided to buy the platinum passes from Canada's Wonderland (thanks conversion rate!) With the intention of converting the printouts to actual passes at cedar point (or kings island). Many assured us that would work out.

I started getting paranoid though, and planned a quick trip to KC in order to visit WOF in order to get them in hand sooner (and get the creds there I'm missing and give my daughter her first taste of cedar fair). At the gate, I was greeted by a super pleasant newish employee who was super excited to process her first platinum pass. Except she couldn't get it to work. She was in an entry point, alone, at the back of the park... and after some confusion and phone calls on her point she asked me if Canada's wonderland was my 'home park'. At a loss to explain 'no, I'm just trying to save money here, using the conversion rate to my advantage'...I went with....'uh, yeah'. She gave me temp passes, let us in, and then said "I guess you'll have to process them there!".

I'm not planning to go there. At all. Has anyone else had issues processing their passes at parks other than the 'home park's, and more specifically Canada's wonderland? Can I plan my trip and hotels anyway, assuming that I can either process them at KI or CP in the spring (six flags makes you process them before 2019 is over).

Basically, I'm a little lost and paranoid that I screwed up here and don't know how to fix it (and hate asking here due to seeming like a complete rube).

But here I am, and I'd appreciate any and all advice/ feedback. Y'all are much more well versed than I.