Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1880 - Winterfest preview
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby Mike240SX » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:46 pm

In the shop page, it lists the attractions that its valid on.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 145
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby bill_s » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:36 am

I didn't go on a Saturday, but last year neither coaster got a line and RY75 ran with minimal operations. Unless a larger number of the people there ride TT or more people go to the event to ride it, it will probably be one of the best times to get on it.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coneyislandchris » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:08 am

yodelo wrote:Is that so? According to the attractions page, literally only Twisted Timbers has the FastLane symbol next to it. Not even dominator.

I was noticing that yesterday. I think something must be wrong with their website right now because a lot of rides that are currently on Fast Lane don't have those symbols. Avalanche, Dominator, Delirium, Bad Apple, Blue Ridge Tollway,
Dodgem, Flying Eagles, and Wave Swinger are all missing the logo, but you can see that they're still included on the Fast Lane page. I wouldn't worry about it too much. As Mike said, the shop page where you can buy the Winterfest Fast Lane clearly lists the 8 attractions that it'd be valid for.

I was at last year's event and literally no rides held any sort of lines. Most people were doing the shows or the special attractions like ice skating. I can't imagine that the line for Twisted Timbers would get so bad during this event that you'd need a Fast Lane, but, at the same time, it IS only $35. Might be worth it just for peace of mind.
That coaster dad [340] and that coaster kiddo [222]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. TMNT Shellraiser. Fury 325.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:42 am

Why on earth is Avalanche not open for Winterfest?

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Mike240SX » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:27 pm

Probably because that whole section of the park isn't open?
-Mike
Total Coasters: 145
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:22 pm

It was a half-joking/rhetorical question, but do you mean the area that is connected by a single pathway to the kids area that will be open for the event?

(In all seriousness I haven't been to KD's WF and have no idea where they cut off areas, etc, but it just feels like a no brainer to have a snow themed bobsled coaster that likely has little chance of valleying/having operational issues open during a winter/holiday event.)

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby bill_s » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:07 pm

^^-- their indoor coaster will also be closed! But if they're only going to run 2, they made the right choice. Dominator has great view of the lights and feels more part of the event as a whole than any other coaster I've ridden at a holiday event... and that includes the snow-themed Alpengeist.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:33 am

The Cedar Fairyest thing about this event is that the kids area is mostly all open except for Boo Blasters, the indoor family friendly dark ride with heat. At least rides like Flight of Fear are in the back of the park so it's sort of understandable.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby yodelo » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:09 am

Thanks guys!I went on Saturday December 30th last year and it was packed! Huge lines for all the rides and we waited 30 min for the blue ridge tollway which is why I was wondering if fast lane would be needed. But it sounds like going opening weekend in November should be a lot less crowded

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby anonymouscactus » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:50 am

Flight of Fear would take 10 min to load due the crappy restraints that nobody will fit in with a winter coat (that aren't necessary because... it's Virginia.)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!