Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

P. 172 - Mine Blower Grand Opening Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Postby djcoastermark » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:47 am

Does anyone know where in the park this is going ? In the old Windstorm location or out by the Ferris Wheel ?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:23 am

They have a ton of room back in the old Windstorm area so I imagine they'd place it back there. It would also boost traffic to those other random rides back there.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- NASCAR SpeedPark & Carowinds- Fall

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby JG-77 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:49 pm

This is a bit interesting: RCDB lists this miler as headed to old town: https://rcdb.com/17758.htm
I wonder whether they heard it was going to be erected in old town or if it’s just being temporarily stored there and is being listed as such?
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby bgtlover » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:21 pm

JG-77 wrote:This is a bit interesting: RCDB lists this miler as headed to old town: https://rcdb.com/17758.htm
I wonder whether they heard it was going to be erected in old town or if it’s just being temporarily stored there and is being listed as such?

For some reason, Fun Spot had it stored at the Atlanta park when they purchased it from Wild Adventures. Originally, it was thought they would erect it at the Atlanta park, and move Scream'n Eagle to the KIssimmee park. That's what was stated on RCDB before this update. However, they are not doing that. Last minute change? Perhaps. I thought it odd for them to have sent it to the Atlanta park for storage, since Kissimmee is the other direction and had to pass right by Valdosta again (which is why I think it may have been a last minute change.)

The Kissimmee park has been teasing the construction of the coaster on their various social media outlets the past couple of weeks. Here is the latest one posted today:

Too bad it's not erected already. I'll be there Saturday...lol
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:17 pm

JG-77 wrote:I've always wanted to ride one of these large milers, since it looks like they can give solid air on the drops.

The only one of these I’ve been on was Jack Rabbit at Celebration City. . . It gave CRAZY awesome airtime. . . but would sure beat you up. :omg:
Bigger is not always better.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:06 pm

^Well, according to RCDB, the people of Central Florida are in for some crazy airtime and a beating.
Take a Journey Into The Unknown Latest Update: Branson Ft. Silver Dollar City

Parks: 23
Coasters: 130 (24 wood/106 steel)

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby bgtlover » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:20 pm

DoinItForTheFame wrote:
JG-77 wrote:I've always wanted to ride one of these large milers, since it looks like they can give solid air on the drops.

The only one of these I’ve been on was Jack Rabbit at Celebration City. . . It gave CRAZY awesome airtime. . . but would sure beat you up. :omg:

This is Jack Rabbit that was originally at Celebration City, and then at Wild Adventures. I'm here at the Kissimmee park and it is that one. They are currently repainting/touching up right now as I type this.

Here are 2 pics. I was not in any restricted areas. I was on the proper side of fences and caution tape (in case anyone questions).

20191012_140340.jpg

20191012_140356.jpg
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

Postby coasterbill » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:09 pm

Calling all whores...

1B2BA548-9D9C-43D5-A2D5-C5FA484E68F8.jpeg

DA944E23-CBD4-4D19-BE81-4512152A3CA7.jpeg

Facebook

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:13 pm

I loved the Scandia Screamer and I'm a fan of the Scream'n Eagle at Fun Spot Atlanta. I know a lot of people that found this particular layout painful, but I'm definitely intrigued.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- NASCAR SpeedPark & Carowinds- Fall

Postby coasterbill » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:15 pm

Hey so update...

We were in Orlando last week and stopped by this place after a day at Disney. We honestly weren't really in the mood to ride it after spending 4 days walking around parks and Disney World seemed like a tough act to follow but we were looking for some fast food since it was late, literally passed it anyway and decided to bite the bullet and ride it since we were right there. We parked in the back and were in and out in 10 minutes. The coaster wasn't running (or even turned on) and had no ride op but someone walked over and turned it on for us. :lol:

Anyway, I actually liked it a lot better than the similar-looking ride in Atlanta. Every transition is stupid but not rough and if you're a fan of the jankiness of Fun Spot this will fit right in. In a way I kind of like it BECAUSE of what a piece of sh*t it is. Don't go out of your way but if you're in the area go and ride it once. You'll have a good time. The ride ops are also over-the-top proud of the thing, telling us how it just opened and enthusiastically asking us what we thought when er got back to the station. We told them it was amazing.

Old Town is so f*cking weird.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!