TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I didn't go on a Saturday, but last year neither coaster got a line and RY75 ran with minimal operations. Unless a larger number of the people there ride TT or more people go to the event to ride it, it will probably be one of the best times to get on it.

Is that so? According to the attractions page, literally only Twisted Timbers has the FastLane symbol next to it. Not even dominator.

I was noticing that yesterday. I think something must be wrong with their website right now because a lot of rides that are currently on Fast Lane don't have those symbols. Avalanche, Dominator, Delirium, Bad Apple, Blue Ridge Tollway,

Dodgem, Flying Eagles, and Wave Swinger are all missing the logo, but you can see that they're still included on the Fast Lane page. I wouldn't worry about it too much. As Mike said, the shop page where you can buy the Winterfest Fast Lane clearly lists the 8 attractions that it'd be valid for.

I was at last year's event and literally no rides held any sort of lines. Most people were doing the shows or the special attractions like ice skating. I can't imagine that the line for Twisted Timbers would get so bad during this event that you'd need a Fast Lane, but, at the same time, it IS only $35. Might be worth it just for peace of mind.

It was a half-joking/rhetorical question, but do you mean the area that is connected by a single pathway to the kids area that will be open for the event?

(In all seriousness I haven't been to KD's WF and have no idea where they cut off areas, etc, but it just feels like a no brainer to have a snow themed bobsled coaster that likely has little chance of valleying/having operational issues open during a winter/holiday event.)

^^-- their indoor coaster will also be closed! But if they're only going to run 2, they made the right choice. Dominator has great view of the lights and feels more part of the event as a whole than any other coaster I've ridden at a holiday event... and that includes the snow-themed Alpengeist.

Thanks guys!I went on Saturday December 30th last year and it was packed! Huge lines for all the rides and we waited 30 min for the blue ridge tollway which is why I was wondering if fast lane would be needed. But it sounds like going opening weekend in November should be a lot less crowded

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think there is enough solid evidence yet to really say if the leaks are credible or not, but if they are I'd be a little disappointed. I can't complain about getting a new coaster, but with something as legendary and unique as Volcano I think it deserves an equally unique and amazing replacement and I just don't see that out of a small wing coaster.

Edited by BDD27

Not only would it be reliable but it would be marketable, even if small, because there are only wing coasters in the midwest. The dudes that leaked it are almost always on point, soooo...

If it's a wing coaster, I'll be happy. It'll probably be a more laid-back ride to complement the more dynamic I305 and TT.

Theming/landscaping will make or break the ride. It needs to have the physical presence Volcano did. Seeing RailBlazer vs. Wonder Woman, I have faith in Cedar Fair.

I'm not a fan of Wing coasters overall, but I like Fenix at Toverland, and haven't tried Holiday World's Thunderbird yet.

Totally agree. Fenix's is by far the best wing coaster I've ridden. Probably cause it focuses more on speed and forces than slow manoeuvres. A wing coaster will be a solid investment for the park probably. Guests will love it, they're good capacity rides and are reliable. Sure, I would love to see another crazy ride e.g TT and I305, but I think they already catered to that crowd. The new ride will take the eyes of TT and make its line shorter. So, no matter what it will be, it will do something good anyways.

The GP will love it, it's better than an empty field, and I'm sure fans will be less upset when Anaconda leaves if they have a shiny new coaster that wasn't a hand-me-down.

Please pull more of the crowd away from the flume, Drop Tower, Twisted Timbers, and the precious Apple

I really wish they could make it something more like Falcon at Wuxi Sunac Land. These wing coasters seem to be better when they're bigger... and have a mountain to work with.