TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

Hope they can restore the ride to how it originally is supposed to be run like its sister, Insane at Gröna Lund.

Wasn't the problem with Green Lantern that the seats would enter the station upside down and they needed maintenance to flip them back? I remember the ops in Grona Lund being able to flip them on their own, so maybe the ops in Canads can too.

^Totally agree and hope that's the case! ...but La Ronde...

Honestly when I went in May I didnt think the parks ops were any worse than any other Six Flags park. IMO there are two big issues with this park:

!. The entrance policy is stupid, they need to redesign the main entrance to make it more efficient.

2. Alot of the park is run down and needs alot of TLC, Vipre should help the area by Le Monstre get a little sprucing up but the area where La Cobra used to be is in desperate need of repair/renovation.

^ I had no problems going in July, but yeah, they have like 5 buildings run down and unused that look like eyesores. Hopefuly next year they add something in Cobra's plot so we can see sprucing up of that area as well.

Me and my mom lucked out, we have Platinum membership that allowed us to use the membership entrance and skip the regular line. That line was awful though, it was easily 30-45 mins and to just get into the park that is atrocious. We didnt know about the second entrance before we went to Goliath and found it but next time we go we will be using that entrance if its open.

^ I had no problems going in July, but yeah, they have like 5 buildings run down and unused that look like eyesores. Hopefuly next year they add something in Cobra's plot so we can see sprucing up of that area as well.

Me and my mom lucked out, we have Platinum membership that allowed us to use the membership entrance and skip the regular line. That line was awful though, it was easily 30-45 mins and to just get into the park that is atrocious. We didnt know about the second entrance before we went to Goliath and found it but next time we go we will be using that entrance if its open.

I got there a half hour before it opened so I only waited around 5-10 mins. Rode Goliath 20+ times that day, and it was one of the days the park was open till 11:30pm. The other entrance wasn't open both days I went, it seems like they don't want people entering there, cause the parking situation is so annoying and that results in them blocking off the road to get there.

Hope they can restore the ride to how it originally is supposed to be run like its sister, Insane at Gröna Lund.

On a side note, is it me or is Vipère a bit of a weird name for this ride? Literally meaning "Viper" in French, this is supposedly themed after a venomous snake. The name would have been more fitting for a coaster with a longer train to be honest.

Perfect ride for La Ronde though.

I got to ride this as Green Lantern at SFMM in Summer 2017 - and I was among the last riders before the ride was closed for good. This will be a completely new ride experience for this park. Interestingly, SF White Water in Atlanta, GA is getting a massive new water slide called "Python Plunge" in 2020 - and the 'python' in the logo is IDENTICAL to the 'viper' in the logo for Vipere!

It would be nice, if those who run La Ronde actually go over to Sweden,

and Grona Lund park, and try INSANE out for them self. Hmm?

R_06GronaLundINSANEertMorning.jpg.efed7ff53756251874fd3b701322908a.jpg

Still going strong in Sweden, I hope. TPR 2009 Scandi Tour.

• 2 weeks later...

I think what they need in the former Cobra area is a smaller second entrance and then maybe a flat ride near the tail end of Vampire, maybe a Zamperla Endeavor.

• 4 weeks later...
Any updates on Viper?

Super Manège is gone and they installed a big sign to advertise the new ride next to where it will stand. I've also seen on pictures on other forums that they have received some track pieces and cars, but as these pictures aren't mine I won't share them here. I'll try to go get some myself later this week.

IMG_20191005_152720.thumb.jpg.890158eeb569004e54f543fc48867120.jpg

IMG_20191005_152726.thumb.jpg.dc8ac4e866de803e2eef9cd858e446b4.jpg

^ Wouldn't it be funny (ha ha) if La Ronde actually gets it right with this,

like how to run it, load it, right? Like at Grona Lund, with INSANE?

(Based on 2009 and 2014 visits.)

On a side note, is it me or is Vipère a bit of a weird name for this ride? Literally meaning "Viper" in French, this is supposedly themed after a venomous snake. The name would have been more fitting for a coaster with a longer train to be honest.

Probably referring to the track which itself is quite serpentine.