Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 130: MorimotoFest event details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby michaellynn4 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:59 am

Pretty cool that he Kareem was there, as well!

As an NBA fan (go Sixers!), I appreciate this attraction a lot. It wouldn't necessarily be high on my to do list upon my next trip down to Orlando simply because of HOW MUCH there is to do, but I can definitely the appeal and am sure it will be enticing to sports fans not as enamored with some of the other theme park stuff.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:32 am

robbalvey wrote:
RCjunkie wrote:Kind of a odd partnership from my view, but I am sports fan so it looks fun to me. I see they got the commissioner and Dwayne Wade for the kick off but is that also Kareem Abdul Jabbar in the first picture?

Disney owns ESPN and ESPN does a lot of work with the NBA. So that part makes sense. And yes, that is Kareem!

D-Wade, Mike Conley, one of the Lopez twins, Victor Olidipo, Aaron Gordon, and Adam SIlver were there as well from what I could tell in the pictures posted to various socials. Looked like a nice event.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby better_by_design » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:56 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
RCjunkie wrote:Kind of a odd partnership from my view, but I am sports fan so it looks fun to me. I see they got the commissioner and Dwayne Wade for the kick off but is that also Kareem Abdul Jabbar in the first picture?

Disney owns ESPN and ESPN does a lot of work with the NBA. So that part makes sense. And yes, that is Kareem!

D-Wade, Mike Conley, one of the Lopez twins, Victor Olidipo, Aaron Gordon, and Adam SIlver were there as well from what I could tell in the pictures posted to various socials. Looked like a nice event.

And a TON of other players attended... I follow the NBA (mostly my hometown team) and the "stars" of official media releases were all hanging out with other less famous NBA players as well.

One example: Mike Conley was hanging out with Jeff Green and Brandan Wright at the Magic Kingdom.

It's the NBA off-season still, so I'm sure there are lots of players getting their family vacation time in right now.

And are there seriously people upset about this? Let's review advice I always tell my 5 year old: "It's OK if people like different things."
"I am fascinated, always."
My Overseas Adventures TRsImage

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:06 am

The eye blinking/movement on Mickey and Minnie is just SO cool! Great update, I like the layout and look of the place. I'm sure it will be crowded on hot days. The Orlando Magic did pretty well last year and have playoff hopes again this year so I could see them tying in player appearances/events/promotions there throughout the year.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby masportster » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:07 pm

It definitely looks like a neat experience! Unfortunately, the minute basketball skills I had left me, ohhhh some 25+ years ago. But hey, looks like I can possibly flourish virtually!! Or live vicariously through those, hmmm,mmmm, much younger folks enjoying the experience.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:58 am

Morimoto Asia has sent us a press release announcing their new event inspired by Oktoberfest called MorimotoFest which will take place on October 6th, 2019! Check out the details below!

MorimotoFest 2.jpg

In the spirit of Oktoberfest, Morimoto Asia in Disney Springs is hosting an afternoon of autumn-inspired sips and chef-driven savories from ten of our favorite local breweries during MorimotoFest. On Sunday, October 6 from 12:30 to 3 p.m., guests can enjoy pairings of Pan-Asian bites at ten accompanying food stations showcasing everything from their famed sushi, a raw bar, and ramen to dumplings, stir fry, and Morimoto’s signature spare ribs. The event will feature multiple stations of fall-themed craft beers from the following breweries: Crooked Can Brewing Company, Red Light Red Light, Cask and Larder, Sideward Brewing, Hourglass, Orange County Brewers, Tactical, Bowigens, Motorworks, and The Tank.

Live entertainment will be provided by DJ Jimmy Joslin, who will be spinning tunes all afternoon. Exclusive merchandise including t-shirts and beer glasses will be available for purchase at the event. Tickets are $55 per adult / $25 per child ages 4-12. Premium seating for a party of four at a private booth with dedicated butler-style service is available for $500.

MorimotoFest is at Morimoto Asia in Disney Springs (1600 E Buena Vista Dr in Lake Buena Vista) from 12:30-3 p.m. on Oct. 6.

For more information or to purchase tickets: Morimotoasia.com
MorimotoFest 1.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:59 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:40 am

Here is our look at the Disney Skyliner:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:02 pm

^ :nina:

just watched all 18 minutes of your video. Looks great! and offers a nice, relaxing "ride", which I'm sure is nicer than the prior "bus-only" option to get back to those resorts.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby caleb.stone » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:54 pm

I'm loving this addition to the parks. My question on it though: do they group you with others that aren't in your party? Did you have to wait for an individual carriage? etc.
Favorite Steel: The Incredible Hulk
Favorite Wooden: Storm Chaser

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:46 am

I swear it feels like it was just yesterday when I heard the news that Disney planned on adding the Skyliner. LOVE what I'm seeing, especially how each station seems to have its own unique "feel". Such a fantastic transport option!

Man, I really need to get back to Disney. It's been over 15 years since my last trip (over 25 years for Epcot and Hollywood Studios), and Rikki's never been (well, she technically was there while in utero lol). I was originally planning on a couple mini-trips next year to visit some Cedar Fair parks I haven't been to in a while as our last "park" trips before trying for a kid; maybe I scrap that and just do an all out Disney trip instead.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!