TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Our Batman rides better than any of the other Batman clones I've been on.

Our wooden coasters are pretty good. I'll take them over the torture machines at Holiday World any day of the week. We might brave the crowds tomorrow afternoon so I can ride the Screamin' Eagle this year. I still haven't been. I hope the afternoon isn't too bad.

I was in the park last night but never really left 1904 and DC Comics so no picture updates. Those areas look same as always.

I did walk in the Blood Bar but forgot to take picks. They've put a couple arcade machines in but not a ton of theming.

All three of our woodies are great night rides. The ride op that lives in my house left for his shift about 35 min ago. Now I have to be a nervous Mom and sweat out him driving home at 12:30 am, or whenever he finally gets off. BUT, he's making money and enjoying his job....so!

We were close to the park today so we stopped by for our first visit of the season. I don't really have much to report. We got to the park around 4. I drank a shock top and we walked around. The decorations looked decent and the park was clean.

The only thing I rode was Screamin' Eagle. I'm really not a seat nerd, but I've found my sweet spot with car 3 row 1 for maximum smoothness on just about every wooden roller coaster I've been on that isn't a GCI or RMC. The ride was as fun as ever. It's a classic.

Supergirl looks great. I thought about riding The Boss and Batman, but the lines were long for both. I also saw that Boomerang valleyed before the second spike. Woops. When we left the front gate was asses to elbows. From the size of the crowd it looked like it was going to take people 10-20 minutes just to get in.

We were in and out in about an hour and a half. I wish we could have stayed longer, but the crowds were really thickening and we had a lot of things to do. I did notice that the roof at Screamin' Eagle's entrance/exit has been replaced. It looks much nicer.

Gei6zVB.jpg

Heading up with the fam today. My daughter is FINALLY tall enough for EVERYTHING, so today she finally gets freeze and batman in. Didn't buy a pass for this year, and only went once on our pass last year... but next year's new ride and the insane pass price coupled with BAFF seemingly more frequent, I could buy two 2020 passes (one for my daughter and i) and still get my wife in many days (like today). Hoping the weather holds, and crowds are manageable.

It's been 11 months since my last coaster, so I'm shaking like a junky.

I dont think I'll be able to make it to the park for FF this year so could somebody please post a review of the new haunt they put in at Thunder Rivers exit? I'm so excited that they finally added a new haunt!

I'd say it mostly replaces Blackout as an intermediate haunt. And is better than it in every way. It has a theme besides 'dark room with a couple people that'll scream', it carries the theme throughout, and has some fun obstacles along the way.

Camp Killamore is in a new location this year - and WAY worse than ever. If I paid for a single haunt and that was the one I paid for I'd demand my money back.

Back to Blood Bank. I said there wasn't much theming and that probably sounded like a complaint. I actually like that they didn't go overboard - it's pretty chill.

dX2TsXsl.jpg

I rode the Boss Saturday, first time in about 4 years. It is much tamer than it used to be for sure. The First Drop is still very good. The Mid-Course Trim Brakes brings the train to a severe halt (probably due to the shortened track) and it just barely creeps over the 3rd hill. The 2nd half of the ride is not very interesting at all, especially without the Helix. The ride may not cause the headaches and bruises like it used to but at a cost. It's just not fun anymore.

^ Amen. The second half is quite uninteresting now. I don't know if the midcourse stop is on to keep the brakes at the end from having to work so hard or keep the train from potentially overshooting them, or to keep the double up at the end from being too wild, or to keep their new turnaround that replaced the helix from getting beaten up...but the ride is nowhere near what it used to be in my opinion. I'll take wild and bumpy over slow and more comfortable any day of the week. Of course as i've said here many times, I never minded The Boss' "roughness." There are far rougher than I've ever gotten on the Boss...

I understand why they did it. They had to modify it for rider enjoyment and to keep maintenance to a minimum. It is a 20 year old coaster now and needed to be tamed, as most wooden coasters that age. Now The Screamin Eagle is an exception to that rule - Strong, Fast and Powerful as always.

Edited by SteveStL

We are taking the kids to Frightfest tonight. Amazing weather for it. We figure to get there right as it opens at around 6 and then can get in some rides before it gets dark and the spooks come out (our youngest will probably get freaked).

Sort of bittersweet in that this may be our last ever visit to the park. We are planning to put our house up for sale late winter and move to Tampa when school is out, and due to this we didn't renew our passes. I suppose we may do HITP later this year, but even if that's the case, tonight means last ride on the Eagle. That makes me kinda sad. If it is my last ride on it, I figure a jaunt through the woods at sunset on a brisk evening is the way to best remember her.