TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lagoon Discussion Thread

I also recommend a full day at Lagoon. There are several great (classic) flat rides, Pioneer Village, a couple water rides such as Log Flume and Rattlesnake Rapids, and more in addition to the coasters.

Remember that Lagoon has a couple single rider policies (I don't know if you'll be alone or not). You cannot ride in the front or back row of any of the coasters, outside of Cannibal and Wicked since they seat 4 across. You also cannot ride Jet Star 2 without a partner. Sometimes you can pair up with another single in line or an employee may ride with you, but just keep that in mind.

It's a wonderful park with lots of charm that separates it from corporate parks. If you end up visiting on Sunday the 8th I may drive down and meet up if you're willing. I have a couple friends that will likely want to go as well.

Depends on the quality of the flats. If a park has the type of flats I've seen before/nothing real stand out I won't lie I tend to skip em all. If they're good/unique I will deff wanna hit them up, and I always go for re-rides.

I will indeed be alone, I did know about the single rider policy and figured I will just not take the very back row, and would have to hope someone or some group would let me tag on for Jet Star 2.

That said, I will soon put out a concrete date and if anyone wants to meet up, naturally the more the merrier.

This thread is making me sad. I was in SLC for a ski trip in March. Drove up to Jackson Hole for the weekend and on the way back into SLC on a Sunday Night I drove right by Lagoon and was surprised to see it already open. If I has known it opened in March I wouldve planned a day there. I always thought it was a tiny park but now after reading reading this thread I missed a good one.

Next time I guess.

Lagoon is awesome. They have a ton of great, unique rides. You need a full day. Going to Lagoon and only doing coasters would be a travesty.

Awesome. I mean yeah Im all for that, its just rare parks seem to have much these days. I mean I will always do a giant frisbee, or I finally got to try an infamous Larson super loop (I got to do both at SFoG!) but yeah parks just lack unique rides. Its a shame. If Lagoon has got it, awesome.

There's the Green Line light rail that connects the airport to the commuter train that has a stop across Interstate 15 from Lagoon. There's a free shuttle that connects that train station to the park.

I would say we have a lot a flat rides. Some of the more unique or classic ones are; Samurai (Mondial Top Scan)

Rock-O-Plane (Eyerly Aircraft Rock-O-Plane)

Flying Aces (Bisch Rocco Flying Skooters 10; and they allow you to snap the cables!)

And if you're into dark rides, Lagoon has 2 Bill Tracy rides; Dracula's Castle and Terroride. Terroride was just refurbed a couple season's back and is phenominal, but Dracula's Castle has aged. Its slated to get a refurb for the next season, but it's rumor only.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

That is awesome. Honestly the one reason I started planning this was the fact there is public transport getting you from the airport to park. I miss public transport!

That sounds great, especially some cable snapping! I am sure I will spend the whole day. Seems like a wonderful park, and having never been to SLC I cant wait to see the city too

I will be going to Lagoon Sat Sept 7th. This is just the best day for me in context of the larger trip.

Anyone who can/wants to meet up lemme know, otherwise I'll be hoping to marathon (?) Cannibal solo and hoping the famously nice people of Utah will let me tag on for the coasters that dont allow single riders

Also if anyone knows things to do in Salt Lake City, or any hiking nearby, please let me know

• 3 weeks later...
I will be going to Lagoon Sat Sept 7th. This is just the best day for me in context of the larger trip.

Anyone who can/wants to meet up lemme know, otherwise I'll be hoping to marathon (?) Cannibal solo and hoping the famously nice people of Utah will let me tag on for the coasters that dont allow single riders

Also if anyone knows things to do in Salt Lake City, or any hiking nearby, please let me know

If you are staying the weekend, I would recommend checking out the Olympic Park in Park City. During the summer, they have zip lines, extreme tubing, ropes courses, free falls, airbag jump, etc. You can buy a one day pass and it includes all of these activities. We did a combined Lagoon and Olympic Park trip two years ago and had a blast.

https://utaholympiclegacy.org/location/utah-olympic-park/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv_HztPeq5AIVBNVkCh27HwuIEAAYAiAAEgKwU_D_BwE

I will be up at Roller Coaster the Evening of September 7th. I can probably come up that morning to meet you.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

If you'll have a car, take a morning or afternoon to drive the Bonneville Salt Flats to the west of the city. Truly one of the most otherworldly things I've ever done. Nearly two hours of driving in a perfectly straight line, nothing but white to the left and right, pure blue sky, and the black outline of the mountains in Nevada in front. Make sure you turn off to the raceway on the western end. If the weather's been dry you can drive your car onto the salt and have a little fun.

Yup, no pressure or obligation, I am always prepared to park it up forever alone, but if anyone will/wants to be at Lagoon Sat Sept 7, I shall be there.

Ooohh....Im a bit of a car guy, the Salt Flats sounds like a damn tempting idea. I never would've thought of that. Since it seems SLC has great public transport, which also can get you from the airport to Lagoon I wasn't planning on having a car, but I may see, since I want to try and get some hiking/seeing in.

I’ve never been to a coaster meetup before, but if I didn’t already have tickets to ComicCon for the 7th I would definitely have considered coming. Hope you have fun; Lagoon is an amazing place! I was there for a few hours today and the crowds weren’t bad at all.

Most of Lagoon’s coasters are fine to do as a single rider. You just can’t sit in the very front or very back of Colossus or Roller Coaster. Cannibal as a single rider is heavenly.

Jet Star 2 doesn’t allow single riders, and neither does the log flume or the rapids ride, so you’ll have to hop on board with a family. The wild mouse doesn’t require anyone to sit next to you, but there has to be someone else in the car. That’s all I can think of right now, but overall Lagoon is pretty easy to do solo if that does end up being your day. It doesn’t cover a large geographical area either so you can crisscross without too much difficulty.

Really wish I could join you on the 7th as well, but I'm the one that chose to do marching band and our first football game performance is on Saturday. I was at Lagoon today though and like ^ said, there were very mild crowds. I guess people in Utah prefer other activities besides theme parks on Labor Day weekend.

Have fun. It's a nice park. I marathoned Colossus the last hour of operation and it was worth every second.

Hey I get that. Marching band consumes life, I know I've been there!

It must not be a UT only thing. Both CGA and SFDK were very quiet despite it being a weekend, and a holiday weekend. I was shocked. I hope the good people of UT decide the 7th is not a day worth going to Lagoon so I can have yet another slow day!

Hey I get that. Marching band consumes life, I know I've been there!

It must not be a UT only thing. Both CGA and SFDK were very quiet despite it being a weekend, and a holiday weekend. I was shocked. I hope the good people of UT decide the 7th is not a day worth going to Lagoon so I can have yet another slow day!

In case you weren't aware, Costco has the best price on All Day Passports.

^I agree the trims can sometimes hit a little hard, but I have never had an issue with Cannibal's length personally.

Glad to hear you liked the park. I honestly like some of their flat rides more than many of the coasters. Rock-O-Plane, Centennial Screamer, Samurai, and Air Race are all tons of fun.

Yes, nice park. Great "feel" lots of greenery, it was a nice place but unlike many "smaller" parks this has quite a large selection of rides. Not just coasters but yeah many great flats.

Oh the length of Cannibal was no issue just wish it was a bit longer, my only real knock though is just the trims. Deff did hit hard, just a shame it cause ya can notice and oh the epicness of flying around that element at such speed.

That said I was unsure how I'd feel about the ride and was deff fun. Would prob stop again at least for a few hours next time Im out there, either with someone or make sure I plan with enough time for a meet up so I can get Jet StarII

• 2 weeks later...

Double post, sorry! Because speculation is fun. Kinda...

Here's the Fox 13 video of the new ride.

The biggest takeaway imo is that the ride may not open until 2022, so yeah...it's definitely (still) early for speculation. But Julie Freed, who represents the park in the video, basically confirms that this ride will be interactive, moreso than a normal shooting ride. Judging by what can be seen in the video, it looks like this thing will be absolutely huge and very immersive. At the end of the video, Freed says "It's fun to break records, but we just want a ride that our guests will love." So, as has been speculated already, we're probably not looking at a very intense ride. But if I were to guess, I think we might see some near-Disney-level theming on this thing, which I have absolutely no complaints about.

It is nice to see Lagoon finally addressing the new ride. I am not surprised to hear it won't open for a few more years. We all know how many years Cannibal was in development.

Also, Julie runs the Lagoon Instagram page and keeps it very active with lots of interesting stuff constantly. She has done a great job with it and I really suggest following. Now that they have acknowledged the new coaster, maybe small updates will be posted here and there in the coming months (and years).

It is nice to see Lagoon finally addressing the new ride. I am not surprised to hear it won't open for a few more years. We all know how many years Cannibal was in development.

Also, Julie runs the Lagoon Instagram page and keeps it very active with lots of interesting stuff constantly. She has done a great job with it and I really suggest following. Now that they have acknowledged the new coaster, maybe small updates will be posted here and there in the coming months (and years).

It should be further stated that the Freed Family owns Lagoon; Julie being the Director of Special Events, and her Father, Dave, the President and CEO.

Edited by linearinduction