TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Conneaut Lake Park (CLP) Discussion Thread

Nice! That's good to hear... there were a couple years where Streak wasn't quite ready for opening day/weekend. With this year's trackwork plus the new wheels on the train, it should be running great!

Wow. The Tumble Bug looks fantastic. The colors really pop! The Ferris Wheel going up on the old Round Up site is a fantastic place for it. The views of the lake should be outstanding. I also follow The Devil's Den Facebook page and it looks like a lot of work went into that as well, including completely rebuilt and repainted cars.

In 2014, I was ready to write Conneaut's obituary. 5 years later, I am very pleased to eat my words and watch as Conneaut continues to improve. It still has a LONG way to go, but seeing ANY improvements is a huge step up from what we were seeing before!

Thank you for posting all these pictures and updates from the park. Definitely look forward to visiting again this year. I didn't make it out last year. Do you know if they've added more bumper cars this year? Last I remember there were only about 6. which just didn't seem quite right. Also, does the Music Express ride still run incredibly slow or have they fixed the motor or whatever was causing that?

Edited by Taylor Finn

Wow, a lot of work has been/is being done. Must be a bunch of dedicated people there. Looking good. It's been about 6 years since we have been there and being a super fan of retro parks, it's time to hit up all those PA parks again. ( plus, the price, gawds that is fantastic)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hope they continue to add more cars to the bumper cars. They really need like 10 or so to make it worth while.

Really, if they can fix up the pavement and bring enough guests to justify the midway actually operating full tilt, the park will be in a much better place.

Whoever did the Bumper Cars building knows what they are doing! It's nice that Conneaut is able to retain some of that "hand-painted" look that other parks have lost. And yeah, more bumper cars would be awesome, but I doubt that it's high on their priorities list. If they could just fix what they have, that would be great!

• 7 months later...

Got an email from coaster-count today... thought it was sort of interesting.

"We always try to keep our database clean and consistent. Today we have updated the following coaster's special category:

Devil's Den, Conneaut Lake Park, United States

Special: Strict -> Undefined"

I guess I am just a bit confused as to why it wouldn't be considered a straight up credit. I really don't care at all. I think it is just an interesting discussion point.

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly, CLP will not be opening this year. They just sent this email out and also posted the notice to Facebook.

May 27, 2020

To our friends and followers of Conneaut Lake Park:

Under normal circumstances, we would be excitedly preparing the park to welcome you all for our 2020 Season. Sadly, these are not normal times. So it is with great sadness that the Conneaut Lake Park Board of Trustees announces the cancellation of its 2020 park season.

As most of you are aware, many people have worked tirelessly over the past 5 years to bring the park back to life. Both then and now, the health and safety of our staff and guests are always our top priority. Unlike many of the parks around us, Conneaut Lake Park is currently under a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy reorganization, which makes times like these especially challenging for us. We have been in contact with a representative from our secured creditors regarding the bankruptcy plan.

We have been given no guidance on whether amusement parks are allowable in the Green Phase however, even moving to the Green Phase only allows businesses to operate at 50% capacity. Compounding this are social distancing protocols and sanitization requirements, all resulting in a diminished operations model that would require resources the park simply does not have while working its way out of bankruptcy. We have brought the park back to life on the premise of a crowded midway and without crowds, our business model does not work. Additionally, we do not have the logistical infrastructure to control the number of people at the park as the IAPAA guidelines and known federal and state protocols require, nor virtual infrastructure to control crowds like larger amusement parks are in the process of implementing. There is also the anticipated increased liability insurance costs for parks operating amidst the pandemic. All of these obstacles would make creating a fun and safe park experience while adhering to our fiscal responsibilities truly impossible.

We sincerely appreciate your patience, kindness and understanding during this unprecedented time. This decision was not made lightly and has been incredibly difficult and frustrating for all involved. Conneaut Lake Park has been helping folks make memories with their loved ones for 128 years and we look forward to returning to that tradition for the 2021 season. Thank you to all who have continued to support us. We are truly grateful.

For questions related to Season Passes, please refer to our website at http://www.newconneautlakepark.com/2020-season-update/2020-season-pass-information.cfm.

Compounding this are social distancing protocols and sanitization requirements, all resulting in a diminished operations model that would require resources the park simply does not have

So having to clean the park is not something that they have the resources to do and it will diminish the experience?