The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby Kylis » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:22 pm

Superbatboy wrote:
Animal wrote:Screamscape reported a possible rumor that tidal wave may be removed and the park could add a Mack power splash in its place as well as the green lanterns old spot. When I first heard about Aquaman going to Over Texas I thought that SFMM would replace green lantern with one. It makes more sense that tidal wave would have to be involved as well as it looks as though they do take up a large amount of space. I would be happy if this comes true as they look like a great water ride and SFMM could definitely use another one.

Turntable please

Seconded, Tidal wave already gets a ridiculous line for what it is when it is hot out. We don't need a repeat of it with something replacing it.

It would make sense to have a powersplash for MM as they really want to get back up to 20 coasters but they also don't want to take out one of their water rides. Not to mention they can just theme it to Aquaman and that whole back corner of the park will be DC (especially if they retheme crazanity to Harley Quinn or Joker or something).

Postby Kylis » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:02 pm

Seems like Apocalypse is only open on fright fest days. At least today the section was closed off like it had been all summer.
Also GLFF is more than halfway gone, good riddance.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Owl_Enthusiast » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:50 am

I’m planning a trip to 6FMM and Knott’s this winter. I’m hoping for some info on when is the best time to go and if I’ll need 2 days at magic mountain to get all the credits and enjoy the park. Dates are totally flexible and I’m looking for Jan/feb recommendations as I think my Canadian stat holidays might be different and I don’t want to show up to super busy park.
Any dates I should straight up avoid?
Anything else like restaurants or tourist stuff and such outside the park would also be appreciated :)

Postby Kylis » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:36 pm

You only need 2 days if you go on a busy day. I use the past records and estimates from https://queue-times.com/parks/32/calendar to judge park crowds.
Here is the one for knotts, https://queue-times.com/parks/61/calendar .

As far as places outside of the park, off the top of my head, Philippe just outside of chinatown for a great french dip. Papa Cristo's over in Pico Union is a great greek place. If you have a big movie you are interested in around the time you visit, I would recommend hitting Edwards 21 over at Irvine Spectrum if they have it on their huge Imax, it's a great screen.
Last edited by Kylis on Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:05 pm.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby VegasBaby » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:44 pm

Owl_Enthusiast wrote:I’m planning a trip to 6FMM and Knott’s this winter. I’m hoping for some info on when is the best time to go and if I’ll need 2 days at magic mountain to get all the credits and enjoy the park. Dates are totally flexible and I’m looking for Jan/feb recommendations as I think my Canadian stat holidays might be different and I don’t want to show up to super busy park.
Any dates I should straight up avoid?
Anything else like restaurants or tourist stuff and such outside the park would also be appreciated :)

If you go on a weekday, you should only need one day at each park as they should be completely dead. You will want to avoid the MLK holiday weekend Jan 18-20 and the Presidents' Day holiday weekend on Feb 15-17. I would also avoid the first week of January as kids will still be out of school on Winter Break. Also, you should check the Knotts calendar for scheduled ride closures. The ride closure dates are listed at the bottom of the calendar page:

https://www.knotts.com/explore/calendar-and-hours
Coaster Count: 220 Last Coaster: GhostRider
Top Ten: 1) Superman The Ride 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Shambhala 9) Lightning Rod 10) Mako

I Love Donkeys!

Postby SK4494 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:36 am

Kylis wrote:
Superbatboy wrote:
Animal wrote:Screamscape reported a possible rumor that tidal wave may be removed and the park could add a Mack power splash in its place as well as the green lanterns old spot. When I first heard about Aquaman going to Over Texas I thought that SFMM would replace green lantern with one. It makes more sense that tidal wave would have to be involved as well as it looks as though they do take up a large amount of space. I would be happy if this comes true as they look like a great water ride and SFMM could definitely use another one.

Turntable please

Seconded, Tidal wave already gets a ridiculous line for what it is when it is hot out. We don't need a repeat of it with something replacing it.

It would make sense to have a powersplash for MM as they really want to get back up to 20 coasters but they also don't want to take out one of their water rides. Not to mention they can just theme it to Aquaman and that whole back corner of the park will be DC (especially if they retheme crazanity to Harley Quinn or Joker or something).

They should've kept the area part of DC Universe instead of retheming it to Boardwalk.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Big Chief » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:51 am

Visiting SFMM on Friday 18th October. Will be there from park opening time so will the crowds be light during the day before the Fright Fest mob arrives or will it be rammed all day? Not too fussed about the Fright Fest stuff, just there for the rides! Any opinions gratefully received! Thanks!!
Last edited by Big Chief on Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:21 am.

Postby Bamwa » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:10 am

Also planning a trip....the million dollar question,,,,,,,How much longer until West Coast Racers is ready? Any inside scoop?

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Mike240SX » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:40 am

2021. It's the American Dream of the west.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 145
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Postby Kylis » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:27 am

Bamwa wrote:Also planning a trip....the million dollar question,,,,,,,How much longer until West Coast Racers is ready? Any inside scoop?

Rumor has it they are looking to open Nov 8th

PreviousNext