TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Underrated Coasters?

I haven't read through the entire thread but in the last few pages I would agree that Alpengeist get way too much crap. I personally think it's the best of the inverts I've been on. The size and the the setting/placement are fantastic and holy crap that cobra roll...easily the most forceful of any B&M I've ever been on.

Some others I really like that don't get a lot of press:

Afterburn at Carowinds - Great flowing coaster with no mid course. The last corkscrew is nasty!

Griffon - I know it doesn't have the inversions but with the old restraints the airtime is awesome!

Kumba - This coaster always knocks my socks off. I personally like it better than Montu. The last time I was there it blew through the mid course like it wasn't even there. So good.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t remember if I mentioned this coaster before in this thread, but it needs to be mentioned again anyway. The Bat/Top Gun is easily a top-three coaster for me at Kings Island. That thing feels so fast, the location/scenery is awesome, and it was really forceful. I’d actually choose the Bat over some B&M or Intamin inverts.

I also have to mention Gale Force. Since the re-tracking, it’s been running smoother, faster, and it cycles around twice now. It has some serious airtime, and it’s the best steel coaster in NJ for me.

I don’t remember if I mentioned this coaster before in this thread, but it needs to be mentioned again anyway. The Bat/Top Gun is easily a top-three coaster for me at Kings Island. That thing feels so fast, the location/scenery is awesome, and it was really forceful. I’d actually choose the Bat over some B&M or Intamin inverts

I agree, The Bat is my favorite of the three Arrow suspended coaster's I've ridden, and one of those is Ninja.

I'm going to reiterate my love for Wicked Twister on here. Get it in the front or back and it's a quality ride.

Ghostrider. Not entirely underrated, but I believe the vast majority of people that haven’t ridden it since the refurb just don’t appreciate how good it is. EASILY top 10 stuff.

Yup. I only had memories of a rough coaster that came to an almost full stop mid brake run, offering a boring second half. Last week, it became one of my favs, never letting up and barely allowing me to breathe! What a transformation!

I think Goliath at SFOG is underrated. IMO, it's the best B&M hyper. The last bunny hills gave decent ejector air. I also think it has the best pacing compared to their other hyper models.

The Dania Beach Hurricane was also underrated. I wish it was relocated instead of demolished.

I’ve rode almost every other Hyper before Goliath. When I looked at the average, not too steep drop, I wasn’t expecting much. Somehow, a back seat ride gave me awesome air all the way down. The constant speed, with floater and then ejector air was perfect. The best Hyper I agree.