TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Looking like my trip might happen in January. I know we don't have any official word from the park, but what do you guys think the over/under on WCR being open by than is?

I put it at 90% chance it will be open by then. I will be surprised if it doesn't open in Nov/Dec.

Screamscape reported a possible rumor that tidal wave may be removed and the park could add a Mack power splash in its place as well as the green lanterns old spot. When I first heard about Aquaman going to Over Texas I thought that SFMM would replace green lantern with one. It makes more sense that tidal wave would have to be involved as well as it looks as though they do take up a large amount of space. I would be happy if this comes true as they look like a great water ride and SFMM could definitely use another one.

Turntable please

Screamscape reported a possible rumor that tidal wave may be removed and the park could add a Mack power splash in its place as well as the green lanterns old spot. When I first heard about Aquaman going to Over Texas I thought that SFMM would replace green lantern with one. It makes more sense that tidal wave would have to be involved as well as it looks as though they do take up a large amount of space. I would be happy if this comes true as they look like a great water ride and SFMM could definitely use another one.

Turntable please

Seconded, Tidal wave already gets a ridiculous line for what it is when it is hot out. We don't need a repeat of it with something replacing it.

It would make sense to have a powersplash for MM as they really want to get back up to 20 coasters but they also don't want to take out one of their water rides. Not to mention they can just theme it to Aquaman and that whole back corner of the park will be DC (especially if they retheme crazanity to Harley Quinn or Joker or something).

I’m planning a trip to 6FMM and Knott’s this winter. I’m hoping for some info on when is the best time to go and if I’ll need 2 days at magic mountain to get all the credits and enjoy the park. Dates are totally flexible and I’m looking for Jan/feb recommendations as I think my Canadian stat holidays might be different and I don’t want to show up to super busy park.

Any dates I should straight up avoid?

Anything else like restaurants or tourist stuff and such outside the park would also be appreciated

You only need 2 days if you go on a busy day. I use the past records and estimates from https://queue-times.com/parks/32/calendar to judge park crowds.

Here is the one for knotts, https://queue-times.com/parks/61/calendar .

As far as places outside of the park, off the top of my head, Philippe just outside of chinatown for a great french dip. Papa Cristo's over in Pico Union is a great greek place. If you have a big movie you are interested in around the time you visit, I would recommend hitting Edwards 21 over at Irvine Spectrum if they have it on their huge Imax, it's a great screen.

Edited by Kylis

I’m planning a trip to 6FMM and Knott’s this winter. I’m hoping for some info on when is the best time to go and if I’ll need 2 days at magic mountain to get all the credits and enjoy the park. Dates are totally flexible and I’m looking for Jan/feb recommendations as I think my Canadian stat holidays might be different and I don’t want to show up to super busy park.

Any dates I should straight up avoid?

Anything else like restaurants or tourist stuff and such outside the park would also be appreciated

If you go on a weekday, you should only need one day at each park as they should be completely dead. You will want to avoid the MLK holiday weekend Jan 18-20 and the Presidents' Day holiday weekend on Feb 15-17. I would also avoid the first week of January as kids will still be out of school on Winter Break. Also, you should check the Knotts calendar for scheduled ride closures. The ride closure dates are listed at the bottom of the calendar page:

https://www.knotts.com/explore/calendar-and-hours

Turntable please

Seconded, Tidal wave already gets a ridiculous line for what it is when it is hot out. We don't need a repeat of it with something replacing it.

It would make sense to have a powersplash for MM as they really want to get back up to 20 coasters but they also don't want to take out one of their water rides. Not to mention they can just theme it to Aquaman and that whole back corner of the park will be DC (especially if they retheme crazanity to Harley Quinn or Joker or something).

They should've kept the area part of DC Universe instead of retheming it to Boardwalk.

Visiting SFMM on Friday 18th October. Will be there from park opening time so will the crowds be light during the day before the Fright Fest mob arrives or will it be rammed all day? Not too fussed about the Fright Fest stuff, just there for the rides! Any opinions gratefully received! Thanks!!

Edited by Big Chief

The Grunt Lantern (Green Lantern) is finally gone. I took this picture before they removed all the steel support structure. Good luck to the Canadians with this one. I only rode it twice and that was two times too many!!!

Also the spaghetti bowl is complete now for West Coast Racers. Looks mesmerizing...

1710764548_2019-09-2112_19.16-1.thumb.jpg.2cf6642130410fda0e4cafab0568b5b0.jpg

Good bye Grunt Lantern

154256933_2019-09-2111_52_31.thumb.jpg.34078dc9afb75a8d57d058d1b1fd69c2.jpg

Spaghetti bowl

Soooo....fright fest....they put no effort into this year.

The scarezone in front of bugs bunny world is gone and the new maze is 90% the old vault 666.

Best thing is that apocalypse is running good. Second best is the slider show.

Condemned is still a good maze and sewer of souls still has one really neat effect, but the other mazes are very tired and not so good.

Edited by Jew

Also planning a trip....the million dollar question,,,,,,,How much longer until West Coast Racers is ready? Any inside scoop?

Now someone is saying that they stopped construction work because of financial issues with going 365 days.

Also planning a trip....the million dollar question,,,,,,,How much longer until West Coast Racers is ready? Any inside scoop?

Now someone is saying that they stopped construction work because of financial issues with going 365 days.

Construction was still going on last week when I went. Not sure where this info is coming from.