TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silverwood Discussion Thread

Does Silverwood close the lines early at night?

I don't think so. Usually what seems to happen is once closing time comes the supervisors will start walking around putting up ride closed signs. You can get in line until they put the sign up (sometimes as much as 10/15 minutes passed the posted closing time, depending on the ride) and the operator will keep cycling people through on the ride till the line is empty.

That's usually how it works, although I don't know if it's changed.

Are you going to do a trip report Canobie Coaster?

Thank you! I asked an attendant as well and they said as long as you're in line by closing you get on. I had to make sure I don't miss out on Tremors night rides. That ride is fantastic.

And I will do a TR. I'm a bit backlogged but it will happen.

If this park ever adds an RMC (whether that's 2020 or not), I will finally decide to make the 10-hour drive north to visit this park. There just isn't quite enough there at the moment to draw me in.

EDIT: Just read their Facebook post and it says an "addition to their entertainment lineup" so I wouldn't get any hopes up.

Looks like they are getting some kind of night time drone show.

They are calling it "Light up the Night" (It could be worse folks)

It sounds fun, especially if its like a unique show, with unique patterns. But I don't think they really needed a night time show, they need more rides and slides.

I'm glad they are getting something new, but I think they need to focus on expanding their rides rather than just shows.

Maybe RMC next year? Or is it still under raps for this year?

Is it just me or does it feel like the announcement for Light up the Night was kinda rushed? I mean like they said "more details will be released as we create the show" or something to that affect.

It makes me wonder if their is something else in the pipe/that's is going to be announced and they didn't want to/weren't ready to announce the drone show, yet. I don't think we should get our hopes up, but it is just a thought.

I'm terrible at reading teasers and clues, but I think I got something! (Be warned: This could just be a home park nerd begging for something new)

Recently, Silverwood posted new commercial on their Facebook page for grandparents weekend. The park puts their commercials up on the page every once in awhile (Nothing out of the ordinary there!) But this one was different, I watched it and instead of ending with the park logo (like all their other commercials), It goes to another scene. It shows the commercials actors driving away in the parking lot, when the granddaughter makes a comment "I Think I'm Ready For A Nap" and the grandma says "Night-Night".

Now I though this was kinda odd for a couple of reasons:

1. Silverwood never ends their commercials with a scene like that. (That I know of)

2. It seems to be an odd comment to make at the end of a commercial.

The other thing is this: If you take the first letters of the words that were said and unscramble them it spells TRAIN, and if you add the remaining letters than it adds the word FINN to the end.

The train part makes sense, but I can't figure out the FINN part. The best I could come up with is TRAIN FINNish, but that doesn't make any sense since Silverwood would never get rid of the train (And if they did I think most people would be horrified) Unless they are trying to quietly say it won't come back next year (for whatever reason), or they are saying that something with a fin will have a train or a train theme. And what has a train and fins, a ROLLER COASTER!!!!

What do you think?

This probably sounds stupid, but I think this might be a teaser and Light up the Night might not be the only thing coming (at least I kinda hope not!)

Wonder if they could get some kind of discount since they are so close in proximity to RMC?

Yes.

At the least they would not have a lot of long distance trucking costs ...

Tremors has the original Topper Track test track. And I think RMC installed / built their big coasters but of course didn't design them. I think a Raptor with more than one train would be a great fit for Silverwood, assuming that could be in their budget.

They spent $100,000 on a "Drone light show."

Just not that exciting to me personally, and just another season I won't be renewing my pass. I'll just keep supporting, visiting, and exploring new parks as I get time off.

Perhaps someday Silverwood will put another coaster in.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I would just say that they're going to be open the whole long Memorial Day weekend, but that those next two Tuesday/Wednesdays are still considered too slow to justify opening (school still in, etc.). It is a bit unusual, but that's gotta be the reason. Because the hours also shift during the week starting June 8th to 9 PM close.

I would just say that they're going to be open the whole long Memorial Day weekend, but that those next two Tuesday/Wednesdays are still considered too slow to justify opening (school still in, etc.). It is a bit unusual, but that's gotta be the reason. Because the hours also shift during the week starting June 8th to 9 PM close.

That makes sense, it's still kinda weird. I don't remember that happening before? Also aren't they usually just closed during the week till June?

• 4 months later...
Great news! If only this park wasn't in the middle of nowhere... But then again, that's probably why it's able to reopen soon! I will get to this park someday.

I won't lie, I looked at flights because if it priced out to like 30 bucks at this point it wouldn't shock me but nobody is flying so the connection times are pretty gnarly.