TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

^Outside the entrance of Storm Chaser is a big, ole circle that i can imagine of seeing the Scrambler filling in and giving the name "Twister". To me, any park that doesn't have a Scrambler got to be out of their minds! Either that or a Troika. Or be a star and get both.

Other things I would like to point out - Please either repair, restore, or replace the motor for The Flying Dutchman. That ride spins so slowly. Another thing to either repair, restore, or replace: the organ for their carousel. I feel that some of the pipes is way out of tune and I think it's turning off some of the riders instead of turning them on. Perhaps the best way of riding would be putting headphones or earplugs on.

• 3 weeks later...

I received an email today from Kentucky Kingdom asking me to share the Halloscream promotional poster on all my social media, so of course this was the best place to start.

I'm very excited for this event but I know it'll only continue next year if people show up and support it this year, so anyone who can please come. I loved this as a kid and I hope it's better than I remembered it.

SCREAMSFINAL.thumb.png.6a7315c4ca3d86e0e91b36f94a23a658.png

I've only ever been in the park after dark once, which was during ERT at an ACE event, but having the majority of the park finally open to the public from 6pm until midnight to ride rides??? Excited would be an understatement!

On top of that, this has been something folks have been asking to the park about ever since the park opened in 2014, so seeing them finally get the chance to get their Halloween event back and extend operations into the Fall is fantastic! Already renewed for the specialty HalloScream season pass, and I absolutely cannot wait for this!

I too am looking forward to the return of Halloscream and how they will do with it's return. Can't wait to ride the Coasters in the dark. I will most likely go a couple of times to check out both Haunted Houses.

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw this and I'm super pumped! I agree that everyone needs to come out and support this event so that they continue to expand it and continue it. It's worth it if at least for the night rides. I'll have to plan an evening for this but I am down!

I noticed there was mention of a "laBARatory" and the description sounds like they'll be serving Haunt-themed beer in the least. I don't remember there being alcohol at the park in the past. Is this a new thing for them?

There's three bars in Kentucky Kingdom, all within pretty close proximity of each other between Kentucky Flyer and T3.

There's Taco Tequila which serves tacos and has a bar within. There's Hurricane Bay Beach Club's bar, easy to spot and seats outdoors in the middle of the water park. And there's Craft Beer Garden serving an assortment of local craft beers (plus what's arguably the best food in the park). They've been there for the past couple years at least.

And there's Craft Beer Garden serving an assortment of local craft beers (plus what's arguably the best food in the park). They've been there for the past couple years at least.

Was there the Sunday before Labor Day and that food was outstanding (as was the beer). There's a bit of a wait for it if they get a lot of orders but well worth it!

https://www.kentuckykingdom.com/halloscream

Julie Johnson, Vice President of Sales and Admissions for Kentucky Kingdom, stated, “We are pleased to offer all 2019 season pass holders free admission to HalloScream. However, they will need to pay a $10 admission charge to each haunted house. For the best value, I suggest purchasing a 2020 Kentucky Kingdom season pass. They’re on sale now for the early bird price of $59.95 and they provide free admission to HalloScream 2019, one free entry to each haunted house, and, of course, the opportunity to enjoy all of Kentucky Kingdom’s rides and attractions all summer long next year.”

If you pay for a $29.95 day ticket or you upgrade to 2020 season pass, you get in each house once for free. After that, it's $10.

The website for the event mentioned a Friday The 13th themed 5D theater show, does anyone know if this attraction has been used at any other parks during a Halloween event? I'm not familiar with it from previous event but have been out of the loop a bit, but it sounds like an interesting concept. Most 3/4/5D theater rides are kinda cheesy since they're usually meant for kids, but if this one is more R-rated out the gate then it might be interesting.

The website for the event mentioned a Friday The 13th themed 5D theater show, does anyone know if this attraction has been used at any other parks during a Halloween event?

I believe it's the same one as at Kennywood, which is basically just a short edit of the 2009 remake plus some extra effects.

• 3 weeks later...

As a response for Kentucky Kingdom's BIG NEWS concerning T3, methinks we should get at least a thousand people to enter the queuing line for T3 at one time to fill that entire line up and hire a DJ to play heavy metal music as the riders wait for hours to ride it (T3 has only one train in operation unless on the day I was visiting the park the second train was taken off the tracks and was held inside a workshop ).

And here's the name of that event:

HEAD BANGER'S PARTY

To you riders and amusement park flyers out there - What da ya think?

(T3 has only one train in operation unless on the day I was visiting the park the second train was taken off the tracks and was held inside a workshop ).

The coaster has been single train for the whole season.

They've been poking fun at T3 the whole year knowing fully-well how the community reacts to the mere mention of the ride. The fact they're embracing it all to the point that the coaster itself becomes a meme is downright hilarious.

As a response for Kentucky Kingdom's BIG NEWS concerning T3, methinks we should get at least a thousand people to enter the queuing line for T3 at one time to fill that entire line up and hire a DJ to play heavy metal music as the riders wait for hours to ride it (T3 has only one train in operation unless on the day I was visiting the park the second train was taken off the tracks and was held inside a workshop ).

And here's the name of that event:

HEAD BANGER'S PARTY

To you riders and amusement park flyers out there - What da ya think?

no