TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Kinda funny how both of these attractions had a similar presence in the past of the park’s history. With wheelie being removed years ago for Skyscreamer & Shake, Rattle n Roll removed for Dare Devil Dive. So I guess the park has had their scrambler in storage for all these years and are pulling it out again?

I miss it’s former location because it was a great way to get into some air conditioning, and who doesn’t love a scrambler in the dark. Most excited about the Zamperla ride, since I’ve never done one.

SFOG has been flat depraved for years. I think my only real issue with this announcement (albeit it is minor) is I kinda wish the park's flat rides were a little spread out more. I'll still take this any day vs not getting new rides though.

Additional exciting announcements regarding 2020 will be announced soon.

Can this please be a refurbishment of Mindbender so that it can go back to regularly running two trains again? Please ?

Is Python Plunge actually going to be a water coaster or did they just use water coaster footage?

I ask because they don’t mention it being a coaster, having uphill propulsion, and they do mention two person rafts. Sounds like a normal water slide with the disc curves...

I visited on June 30th and July 1st and it was running two trains both days. Sounds like you just got hit with some bad luck.

That's good to hear. I feel like the past 3-4 years on all my visits I've only seen both trains run once. The only other rides in that time frame I recall running one was Blue Hawk early in the season where the second train wasn't even on the track yet and a few days before the RMCing of Cyclone where it would be a walk on with one train. Many of the days Mindbender was at one train it has 20-30 minute waits too.

To the White Water addition: I've never been a water park guy. In fact since 2002 I've spent exactly two days as a guest in a water park (and those were in 2004 and 2006 on high school band trips ) but I was seriously considering a first visit to WW since 2000 when I thought it was going to be a water coaster. Oh well. Maybe one day I'll feel like going back.

So, here's a question I just realized I forgot to ask: is there a reason why Batman: The Ride would be running when every single other ride in the park is closed due to lightning in the area? It happened on our second day at OG. Every ride was closed, but Batman was running like there was no tomorrow.

Also, does anyone else experience a gray-out on that ride? I did on both the Chicago and the Atlanta one, as did my friend. It's the first time I've ever experienced a gray-out.

Also, does anyone else experience a gray-out on that ride? I did on both the Chicago and the Atlanta one, as did my friend. It's the first time I've ever experienced a gray-out.

The only coaster that has ever made me gray out is Intimidator 305. I don't experience gray outs on Batman, but they are still stupidly intense rides. I've ridden three (SFMM, SFGAdv, and SFOG) and they all feel absolutely identical in every way to me.

How far apart?

Effects can change due to your condition.

During recent ERT event I did 2 runs w/in 5 minutes and the 2nd hit me hard. That was a first. But age and heat likely the reason.

Hmmm. Yeah, we were on the back row both at GAm and OG. Also, good point about having enough water on a hot day. I don't think we hydrated ourselves well enough 'cause we got the unlimited refills bottles, so we were drinking a lot of soda (I tried to remember to drink Powerade as much as possible, but even I fell short on hydration).

The addition to White Water sounds exciting. I did make an interesting observation: the "python" in the logo of Python Plunge is IDENTICAL to the "viper" in the new Vipere ride going to La Ronde! That is vintage Six Flags right there...they are masters of recycling and reusing everything, from old ride buildings and fixtures, all the way down to logos!