TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Yeah, that's not exactly what I would call a credible source. The guys that run that page are the same ones that were saying that a Power Splash wasn't happening because it wouldn't fit in that spot.

Year round operation is going to be interesting. Weather in January and February varies wildly from year to year or even day to day. The best example I can come up with was the year the Super Bowl was in Arlington. Temperatures below freezing for 7 days with multiple snow and ice events leading up to the game and temperatures in the 70s and 80s later in the month.

Since it's the only one of it's kind in north America people will be coming from all over the Dallas metroplex to give it at try.

FTFY.

Okay, maybe that's not fair. I'm sure one or two Oklahoma families will stop by at some point.

We don’t live near Dallas, nor Oklahoma.... and we will still make the trip to ride it.

It's going to be very popular because it's a water ride in a hot climate and it's in a highly visible location in the park, but outside of pulling in enthusiasts that are hyper aware of this sort of thing, it won't draw in a ton of people that wouldn't already be visiting the park.

It was already revealed that this does not have the turntable, because Six Flags.

In Texas I assume this will be a very long line. They look incredibly fun.

Where has this been confirmed? None of the information released from the park speaks to ridership. Mack's website doesn't even list 1-boat capacity as an available option - it speaks to the turntable station as a key feature for the model:

Turntable Station - In order to reach a higher capacity the PowerSplash is equipped with a turntable station. After the loading process the station is rotating the boat into the track while the other boat is loading with new guests.

We don’t live near Dallas, nor Oklahoma.... and we will still make the trip to ride it.

If you post regularly on TPR you don't qualify as representative of the majority of Six Flag's patronage.

I'm sure this was discussed before, when Justice League was put in, and the former water ride was themed to Aquaman, but do you suppose with this major new addition going in over there, there's any chance Pandemonium is re-themed to something DC?

I'm sure this was discussed before, when Justice League was put in, and the former water ride was themed to Aquaman, but do you suppose with this major new addition going in over there, there's any chance Pandemonium is re-themed to something DC?

Cyborg retheme of Pandemonium anyone? Could be called Cyborg Cyber Spin in that case