The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

P. 73 - Adirondack Outlaw Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

Postby matthew.sullivan1 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:14 am

Update: Bobsled was indeed open last Saturday. Got to the park around 2 and it opened right as we got to the sign. Waited about 15 minutes until they called for a group of 2. It's a fun little ride, but pretty short; I prefer it to flying turns. As we left the station the line had grown extremely long, probably about 2 hours or so! I'm glad I got on it but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it's removed in the next few years.
CC:153
Top 10: El Toro, Lightning Rod, Fury 325, Skyrush, Wicked Cyclone, Iron Rattler, Boulder Dash, Superman The Ride, Nitro, Phoenix

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:37 am

^ If it lasts even a few years I'd be surprised considering how often this ride is down and the pitiful capacity when it is open.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Gardaland & Mirabilandia

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby 3Mutts » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:25 am

matthew.sullivan1 wrote:Update: Bobsled was indeed open last Saturday. Got to the park around 2 and it opened right as we got to the sign. Waited about 15 minutes until they called for a group of 2. It's a fun little ride, but pretty short; I prefer it to flying turns. As we left the station the line had grown extremely long, probably about 2 hours or so! I'm glad I got on it but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it's removed in the next few years.

Bobsled has been rumored to leave for years. Ill believe it when I see it, glad you got to ride it though seeing as how unreliable it is.
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:40 am

Six Flags Great Escape Resort, New York’s Most Thrilling Resort Property, announces the Adirondack Outlaw. This high-flying ride will have guests catching maximum airtime and experiencing 360-degree rotations of heart-pounding excitement. The head-over-heels exhilaration of Adirondack Outlaw will elevate riders to unmatched heights as they travel more than 50 mph. This rebellious ride swings 16 stories high, offering spectacular views of Lake George.
sfge-ao_1.jpg
sfge-ao_2.jpg
sfge-ao_3.jpg
sfge-ao_4.jpg
sfge-ao_5.jpg
sfge-ao_6.jpg
sfge-ao_7.jpg
sfge-ao_8.jpg

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby JG-77 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:02 am

Holy crap they’re finally getting something interesting! Hope it’s not an upcharge.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coneyislandchris » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:18 am

I can't tell from those renderings, and my vague memory of the layout of this park... Is this ride replacing anything they currently have? Looks super cool, either way!
That coaster dad [336] and that coaster kiddo [218]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. Twisted Timbers. Fury 325.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Sportsdude360 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:01 am

I'm on board with these extreme thrill rides! Congrats!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:39 am

This looks awesome! Hopefully its not an up charge since the capacity seems low.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby DarienPoint » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:40 am

This looks UNREAL, can't wait for this to open! Glad they're finally getting that crazy thrilling attraction they needed.
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby CNYCoasterguy11 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:00 am

This is a great addition, probably the next best thing to a new coaster. It is unique and different and only one other Six Flags Park has one (St. Louis). My guess is it may replace Condor since it has a lot of down time and is an aging ride. They may even renovate that side of Ghost Town to fit it. Can't wait to try it next year I love these crazy flat rides they keep adding.
COASTER COUNT:
TOTAL:142
STEEL:113
WOOD:29
PARKS:27

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!