TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Part of me wishes that they'd pull a Golden Lasso Coaster and announce it earlier than the others.

That was actually awesome because it was so unexpected. I mean there were rumors of a single rail, but we all just assumed the announcement would come with the rest of the chain.

Part of me wishes that they'd pull a Golden Lasso Coaster and announce it earlier than the others.

That was actually awesome because it was so unexpected. I mean there were rumors of a single rail, but we all just assumed the announcement would come with the rest of the chain.

I thought it was comical because from an outsiders perspective it seemed as though it was just Six Flags trying to get their 15 seconds of fame before California’s Great America announced theirs only a few days later. It was like the perfect timing for stealing Cedar Fair’s thunder and also their “first of its kind” bragging rights.

That’s probably exactly why they did it but I haven’t been following Six Flags closely for very long now so I have no clue if that’s what others saw

I'm still not convinced its a coaster, but if it is, I think we're going with some sort of launching S&S like Maxx Force. I'm probably totally wrong. This could still just be a huge kids area expansion (tho admittedly the clues do not seem to be pointing toward that).

Still not convinced eh? Is that your foot's well being talking...?

In all seriousness though, it's interesting you mentioned S&S and Maxx Force, because the day before you posted, after clue 5, I had started to zero in on something along those lines as the addition. Given their recent working relationship with S&S on Maxx Force, and the clear success that's been for SFGAm, it seemed like a logical conclusion, especially given the nature of the clues. In particular, the idea that it both "slithers" and "soars", prompted me to think of Maxx Force. I do think it'll be a custom layout, rather than a direct clone, but still very similar. I thought maybe the launch would go into a twisty banked section instead of being all about straight-line speed, which is what the "slithering" clue is teasing. And then after that it would "soar" up and do an elevated inversion, similar to Maxx Force. This would definitely fit the area we know it's going in, and it would also fit the straight type footprint your source mentioned to you Boldikus.

Let me make it a point to say that while what I just described is what I am personally feeling like this addition will be, and feel very confident this will indeed be a coaster of some sort (note that "some sort" may not necessarily reflect everybody's definition of a coaster) even if it's not that, I am still allowing for the slight possibility that this is only a water attraction, or a mid-sized flat, or even a kids expansion (least likely, for many reasons), because with SF, and GAdv, you just never know. So I am fully ready for something much smaller than what I'm expecting to end up being announced! Still, I have felt strongly since before the clues and teasing even began that this would be SFGAdv's year to get a larger coaster, and have seen nothing since then to lessen my feeling that it will indeed be, finally!

Whatever is coming, I am just glad for extended family that lives close to SFGAdv, and allows me more ready access to visit this park than most non-local parks! Sure, I hope it's some sort of RMC, most likely a medium sized Raptor with a custom layout (not buying the T-Rex rumors or hype at all.) But I don't think that's most likely, and I will look forward to returning to SFGAdv before too long, regardless, as it's already a full park, and this addition will only make it better!

So Matt Kaiser, one of the admins of the Great Adventure Connoisseurs FB group, mentioned over on GAH that the park's PR department confirmed to him that "the bonus clue is meant to confirm it is NOT a dueling coaster". You can take that however you'd like, but I've always felt he's operated with integrity and trust him on this.

Edited by michaellynn4

I'm going to go with Premier since SFMM and SFGAm will/have gotten them recently. It could be a mobiüs coaster but I'm not sure if they would consider that to be "not dueling" since it is technically one coaster but would most likely ride as a dueling coaster. Also of note there was a clue that mentioned the number twelve and if you write the numbers (there is only one... you won't be seeing double) you get 1-2 or 12. Still not sure what that really means though as it's the clue no one has any guesses on at the moment.

If you put the letters in order of their frequency in the puzzles you get: _CSR_YE?? Someone on Twitter suggested scrambling it to "Sorcery" which seems like a good guess but still doesn't give us any information. Someone else on Twitter suggested "Scorned" in reference to the Jersey Devil legend... the woman had 12 children and her 13th child was the Jersey Devil, aka "scorned" child. Would fit perfectly if SFGAdv only had 12 coasters and the new would be #13, but they already have 13 coasters (they claim 14 with the Larson Loop). However, "Scorned" doesn't use the "Y" and requires two more letters and I think we're only getting one more (unless the last letter is coming on announcement day.

I'm usually good at word puzzles but this one isn't making a lot of sense to me and I'm not seeing too many good guesses. Glad this will be announced soon because this teaser campaign is hurting my brain

I'm going to go with Premier since SFMM and SFGAm will/have gotten them recently. It could be a mobiüs coaster but I'm not sure if they would consider that to be "not dueling" since it is technically one coaster but would most likely ride as a dueling coaster. Also of note there was a clue that mentioned the number twelve and if you write the numbers (there is only one... you won't be seeing double) you get 1-2 or 12. Still not sure what that really means though as it's the clue no one has any guesses on at the moment.

If you put the letters in order of their frequency in the puzzles you get: _CSR_YE?? Someone on Twitter suggested scrambling it to "Sorcery" which seems like a good guess but still doesn't give us any information. Someone else on Twitter suggested "Scorned" in reference to the Jersey Devil legend... the woman had 12 children and her 13th child was the Jersey Devil, aka "scorned" child. Would fit perfectly if SFGAdv only had 12 coasters and the new would be #13, but they already have 13 coasters (they claim 14 with the Larson Loop). However, "Scorned" doesn't use the "Y" and requires two more letters and I think we're only getting one more (unless the last letter is coming on announcement day.

I'm usually good at word puzzles but this one isn't making a lot of sense to me and I'm not seeing too many good guesses. Glad this will be announced soon because this teaser campaign is hurting my brain

SFGAm has no premier rides. Maxx Force is S&S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's pretty impressive nothing about this seemingly large addition has leaked yet, so kudos to the park for managing that. Its a rare thing these days.

If its not a kids area I'm thinking something similar to Maxx Force that stretches from Skull Mountain to behind Congo Rapids. In any case I'm stoked for all the butthurt.

It's pretty impressive nothing about this seemingly large addition has leaked yet, so kudos to the park for managing that. Its a rare thing these days.

If its not a kids area I'm thinking something similar to Maxx Force that stretches from Skull Mountain to behind Congo Rapids. In any case I'm stoked for all the butthurt.

Especially since 4 parks have already been leaked. SFGAm addition looks pretty cool.

Poor Magic Mountain, they’re not getting anything.

I too am impressed nothing has leaked, so I'm really excited for the announcement. This actually has made the clues that much more intriguing as well.

For comparison, I didn't follow the Kings Island clues much because the ride had already been leaked.

I know that was a long-running theory, glad to see it come to fruition.

And yes... finally. An RMC at Great Adventure!!!!

I'm with you, though, Boldy - I'm worried about that bathroom back there. That thing is a treasure.

I'm a giant bag of mixed emotions today.

Cheer up. I'm sure the video you promised will go viral.

If GreatAdv adds any roller coaster at all for 2020 I'll happily videotape myself eating my foot in slow-mo and post it for all you nerds to j/o to

^ The 6 clues have each had a letter highlighted. We got the last one today. They spell out: C R E Y S M. Which of course some people have taken to be a scramble of RMC YES or YES RMC.