Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 274 - All the D23 Epcot Announcements! (There's a LOT!)
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby ernierocker » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:14 pm

cfc wrote:Hmm--each year i wonder whether I'll make it to Food and Wine in the fall. Then they add raclette and some alcoholic coffee drink that's garnished with a donut.

Fiends! :lol:

Agreed. Looking forward to my all-time favorites in the amazing combo of Choup and Wild Mushroom Filet and trying the new hotness that is Raclette!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:12 pm

Just announced at D23 for Epcot...
epw029384029384023923423423-1024x662.jpg

A new park logo that is a throwback to the original!

sdflk4560954836-1024x501.jpg

Epcot will be unified with four neighborhoods that each speak to important aspects of the world and its people: World Showcase, World Celebration, World Nature and World Discovery. These neighborhoods will be filled with new experiences rooted in authenticity and innovation.

skdjfh83247234897-613x919.jpg

World Showcase at #Epcot will also welcome the first attraction inspired by Mary Poppins in Cherry Tree Lane, which will join the United Kingdom pavilion as an entirely new neighborhood!

ldfkjh3948572345-1024x576.jpg

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at #Epcot will feature the first reverse launch into space! This thrilling, family-friendly attraction will feature a never-before-seen storytelling coaster that rotates to focus on the action – wherever it may be.

asdfkjh2319p48712349-1024x417.jpg

An expansion of the Mission: SPACE pavilion, the new restaurant Space 220 will open this winter as an out-of-this-world culinary experience with the celestial panorama of a space station, including daytime and nighttime views of Earth from 220 miles up.

dfvkln34095834059-1024x464.jpg

Following the limited time run of Epcot Forever at #Epcot, a new nighttime spectacular called HarmonioUS will be the largest ever created for a Disney park. It will celebrate how the music of Disney inspires people the world over.

dfsjk934802938-1024x540.jpg

PLAY! pavilion at World Discovery is opening in time for the 50th Anniversary of #WaltDisneyWorld. In this interactive metropolis, guests will discover a city bursting with games, activities, and experiences that connect them with friends, family, and beloved Disney characters!

rieueortiu0329458-0985-1024x480.jpg

At World Celebration in #Epcot, Spaceship Earth will remain the grand icon but the journey will be transformed with new scenes reflecting the universal nature of the human experience. A new guide and all new narration will focus on the storytelling that brings people together.

sdflkgjs34587934875-1024x590.jpg

In World Nature, The reinvention of #Epcot will include Journey of Water, Inspired by “Moana.” This first-ever experience inspired by the Walt Disney Animation Studios hit film will let guests interact with magical, living water in a beautiful and inspiring setting.

sdfkj3o4598340985-683x1024.jpg
sdfkjh349578340598-683x1024.jpg

Two new CircleVision 360 movies will debut at #Epcot! “Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360” will debut in January 2020. In the China pavilion, “Wondrous China” will take guests on a spectacular journey across the country!

sdmfner93475932875-1024x576.jpg

A new pavilion at World Celebration will be the home base for #Epcot’s signature festivals, providing a stunning view of World Showcase and an ideal spot to witness the park’s nighttime spectacular.
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:13 pm.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:37 pm

With epcot already being my favorite Disney park, these upgrades make me even more excited to visit this park!
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:41 pm

...wow. I was expecting there to be more information on the Future World expansion/re-imagining, but there is SO MUCH that came out of left field for me. I mean, a freaking Mary Poppins ride? Spaceship Earth is getting a redo? Guardians of the Galaxy has a REVERSE LAUNCH?!? I mean, this is insane on so many levels, and there's probably still stuff that hasn't been announced. I can't. :mickey:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:56 pm

Wow that's a lot of new things to see at Epcot!
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:05 pm

This is one hell of an update for epcot. I love it!!
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Six Flags Cypress Adventures
HARD ROCK PARK Coming to Chaos Crafter 2019!!

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:32 pm

Dombot wrote:...wow. I was expecting there to be more information on the Future World expansion/re-imagining, but there is SO MUCH that came out of left field for me. I mean, a freaking Mary Poppins ride? Spaceship Earth is getting a redo? Guardians of the Galaxy has a REVERSE LAUNCH?!? I mean, this is insane on so many levels, and there's probably still stuff that hasn't been announced. I can't. :mickey:

I think the Mary Poppins attraction is more of a walkthrough attraction instead of a ride. At least that is how I am understanding the description.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby CenturyFlyer » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:47 pm

It's really cool how they're better cementing the themes of Future World. The west side has always had more abstract themes (imagination, seas), and the new garden styling will really reflect that. The other half has always been based on more scientific things (motion, energy), and they're keeping the original building there, which backs up those concrete themes.

Theme parks with continuity are great!
There is only one true Blue Streak!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:30 pm

Erik Johnson wrote:I think the Mary Poppins attraction is more of a walkthrough attraction instead of a ride. At least that is how I am understanding the description.

Don't rain on my parade of a trackless dark ride through the Mary Poppins Universe complete with a Lin-Manuel Miranda animatronic!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:34 pm

^ LOL. That sounds better than what I was thinking about - that carousel
that the horses disengage them self off of, etc. (from the first MP movie).
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!